Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Aaric Murray arrested  (Read 12299 times)

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
Aaric Murray arrested
« on: December 22, 2011, 12:04:54 PM »

esotericmindguy

• All American
Re: Aaric Murray arrested
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 01:24:04 PM »
So he got caught with some weed, big friggin deal. I'd still love to see him at Marquette.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 01:52:52 PM »
So he got caught with some weed, big friggin deal. I'd still love to see him at Marquette.

Roll Together, Blaze Together
SS Marquette

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 01:56:59 PM »
Sounds like an ideal player for Huggins but not for Buzz

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 02:06:55 PM »
Yeah, we never had players on our team enjoy the reefer while at marquette.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 02:07:39 PM »
Oh, like only choir boys are on this team.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

leever

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 02:53:21 PM »
Yeah, we never had players on our team enjoy the reefer while at marquette.

But, they were never arrested.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 03:00:23 PM »
Sounds like an ideal player for Huggins but not for Buzz

How many times did Huggins (team / school) appear on the front page of the Chicago Tribune...

...I'm just sayin'
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 03:14:53 PM »
How many times did Huggins (team / school) appear on the front page of the Chicago Tribune...

...I'm just sayin'

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the answer to the IMPLIED question is Buzz = 0,  BBall team = 0, School = 1

And since you asked about Huggins ... how many times did Buzz (team/school) appeared on the front page of the Morgantown Dominion Post?

... I'm just saying

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 03:16:29 PM »
I'm pertty sure Cincy BBALL was on the Cover on lots on newspapers when little duck tapped a guy to a lawn chair and threatened to stab him if he did not pay him back.  Also when Huggy was found on the side of the Road with Vomit all over himself and got a DUI.  

In the spring of 2005, an assistant coach, two players and a recruit were arrested for various offenses.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 03:20:13 PM »
Holdup...

Was he arrested with weed, or true narcotics?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 03:28:28 PM »
The linked article says narcotics.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 03:34:09 PM »
crap, our PG from two years ago was booted (then happily reinstated) in connection with the Mary Jane.

We've taken plenty of bullets. A college kid smoking some reefer would be child's play at this point.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 03:50:48 PM »
But, they were never arrested.

Seriously? So as long as you're never caught for murder, you are a decent guy?

As a basketball fan, I think it is worse when the offense effects the team, which it happened for our player, than whether or not he got arrested. Or, in another case, threaten your chance of a pro-career because you smoked in a country where it is more frowned upon.

sailwi

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 05:18:39 PM »
IIRC Bo Ellis was stopped for unpaid parking tickets and they found pot in the car, Al made Bo apologize at the next home game.  Today he would be in every paper and internet site but things were a little different back then.

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 05:38:29 PM »
I would be willing to bet that almost every player on our team partakes in some moon cabbage on a fairly regular basis.  I have absolutely no problem with that.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 05:50:05 PM »
It's interesting that we are sometimes upset with players for split second mistakes made on the court, but we often excuse other questionable decisions off of the court.

"I don't care if (insert player) smokes."

BUT... if that player misses a layup...

"(insert player) should never shoot! What was he thinking?"

We are a fickle bunch.

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 06:02:47 PM »
I'll give them slack on both counts.  They are college kids.  I missed lay-ups all the time playing intramural hoops and burned quite a bit of weed during my 4 years in Milwaukee.  No regrets.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 06:05:32 PM »
Oliver Lee plead guilty to fraudulent use of a credit card.

Pop Sims and Damon Key were involved in domestic battery cases.

Artie Green served hard time for delivery of narcotics and armed robbery.

Tony Davis slugged a coed.

And so on and so on.

We're not immune.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 06:26:10 PM »
Many pooh-pooh "weed", but the release indicated possession of narcotics, which I don't be;ieve usually means grass. Narcotics = drugs.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 06:33:55 PM »
I'll give them slack on both counts.  They are college kids.  I missed lay-ups all the time playing intramural hoops and burned quite a bit of weed during my 4 years in Milwaukee.  No regrets.

Why stop their ... how about giving them a pass for slugging someone in Qboda at 1AM?  Or trying to "convince" a co-ed to have sex with them.  After all their college kids, it happens.

And, while we're at it, I would not suspend anyone for a game for being late to a meeting.  College kids do that too.

and hey, why go to class and graduate?  Better they practice free-throws becuase Buzz does not.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 06:43:38 PM »
Pretty sure Aaric's parents were firin' up some doobs when they decided on a spelling for his name.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 06:56:37 PM »
Why stop their ... how about giving them a pass for slugging someone in Qboda at 1AM?  Or trying to "convince" a co-ed to have sex with them.  After all their college kids, it happens.

And, while we're at it, I would not suspend anyone for a game for being late to a meeting.  College kids do that too.

and hey, why go to class and graduate?  Better they practice free-throws becuase Buzz does not.
There's a difference between condoning and accepting the behavior, but you have to be realistic and understanding. If a player busts his ass, is a good teammate, and overall a good person, I'm not going to throw him under the bus for getting caught with weed. No buddies perfect. Yes, there will be punishments, but these are young adults under a microscope.

I graduated already, but I'm pretty sure I would get a suspension for violating team rules for my actions before, during and after the Nort Col game.  :) Does that make me a bad person who shams Marquette University. No, I save that for those who commit serious crimes.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 07:08:12 PM »
There's a difference between condoning and accepting the behavior, but you have to be realistic and understanding. If a player busts his ass, is a good teammate, and overall a good person, I'm not going to throw him under the bus for getting caught with weed. No buddies perfect. Yes, there will be punishments, but these are young adults under a microscope.

I graduated already, but I'm pretty sure I would get a suspension for violating team rules for my actions before, during and after the Nort Col game.  :) Does that make me a bad person who shams Marquette University. No, I save that for those who commit serious crimes.

Dangerous thinking here.  Good think Buzz would think you're nuts.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 10:20:48 PM »
Dangerous thinking here.  Good think Buzz would think you're nuts.
You think Buzz is going to throw one of his "sons" under the bus and wished he never joined the program because he made a bad choice? It would be pretty hypocritical if he does.

Never said there shouldn't be consequences. You can be a tough educator but still do it with a sense of understanding. It's called tough love, not judging a person off one mistake like some are doing with this Murray kid. All I'm saying is I don't like fans who cast stones at 19-year-olds unless it is something really bad.

feedback