Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jordan Taylor tweet  (Read 17936 times)

muarmy81

• All American
Re: Jordan Taylor tweet
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2011, 10:40:56 AM »

Blue was fronting him and jawing him a little bit on an inbounds pass.  Taylor was talking back and both started getting in one another's face. 

I just find it amazing that Blue (and others) got in Taylor's head.

I was at the Xavier game last year and fortunate enough to be very close to the floor.  I recall watching some of the X guys trying to talk trash to vander early in the game.  Blue, as a freshman, held his own in the verbal battle and appeared to get in their heads instead...especially Holloway.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2011, 10:46:50 AM »
I actually got a response after I called him overrated. He told me to lighten up. Admittedly my throwing in the term for a female dog took it a little far, but whatever, he is a sore loser and I feel he is overrated. Very good player, but don't think he is first team all-american.

I wonder how many programs have social media policies for their players...
Relax. Respect the Process.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2011, 11:12:12 AM »
#afterdarktweets you know I love Minnesota... But ain't no support like Wisconsin support. #roses #marquettestillaintcrap

http://twitter.com/#!/JMTaylor11/status/143211114291920896

---

Derrick Wilson says "Scoreboard mother f*cker."

Gutless punk. But then again, he's still a kid. Whatever.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2011, 11:15:29 AM »
It's down now.  I'm guessing either he came to his senses or Bo yelled at him

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2011, 11:15:43 AM »
When Taylor was getting in Blue's face, Vander was just standing their grinning.  It reminded me of Dom a few years back.  Loved it.  

For it being our "Super Bowl" and not theirs, we really seemed to be in their heads.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2011, 11:16:36 AM »
oh the fun of twitter...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 11:49:51 AM by CaptainAwesome »
Relax. Respect the Process.

turk17

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2011, 11:18:27 AM »
What'd Taylor say in the press conference?  I can't find it anywhere.

I'd like to know this as well, didn't get to see it and can't find it online.

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2011, 11:21:48 AM »
Some of you have asked what he said at the presser and he didn't say much, it's what he didn't say and the way he said it that made him come off as very arrogant and immature.

He was asked about three different times (in different ways) what Marquette did to be successful and he refused to give MU any credit saying it was just UW missing open shots and kept referencing how this is the same MU team they beat last year. Ryan Evans and Josh Gasser on the other hand were very complimentary of the team and were willing to admit the things MU did well in the game.   

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2011, 11:25:34 AM »
Some of you have asked what he said at the presser and he didn't say much, it's what he didn't say and the way he said it that made him come off as very arrogant and immature.

He was asked about three different times (in different ways) what Marquette did to be successful and he refused to give MU any credit saying it was just UW missing open shots and kept referencing how this is the same MU team they beat last year. Ryan Evans and Josh Gasser on the other hand were very complimentary of the team and were willing to admit the things MU did well in the game.   

I have a feeling he's just bitter he didn't declare after last year.  He has far less help this year and teams can focus their defensive efforts on him.  Doubt he gets drafted now with all the talent coming out this year and his being exposed a bit.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2011, 11:28:36 AM »
If in fact, D Wilson responded to Taylors Tweet as he did, I am as upset about that tweet as well.  Somehow, adding an * in place of a letter apparently means you aren't actually unsing that particular word.

Just because you are being dissed, does't mean you come back with a vulgarity.

MarquetteNation

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2011, 11:30:14 AM »
When Taylor was getting in Blue's face, Vander was just standing their grinning.  It reminded me of Dom a few years back.  Loved it.  

For it being our "Super Bowl" and not theirs, we really seemed to be in their heads.

I agree. Even the UW fans on twitter were much more vocal for a game that is supposedly unimportant to them.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2011, 11:32:20 AM »
Frankly, this is pretty weak coffee in terms of tameness.  I enjoy the back and forth banter as, in the end, it is great to have a historical OOC rivalry with two great hoops programs.  Beats DePaul vs. Loyola, and it adds to the fun of it.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2011, 11:33:16 AM »
Gutless punk. But then again, he's still a kid. Whatever.

Catching up with the twitter war here on scoop, the only conclusion I can come to is that twitter is a weird place.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2011, 11:34:37 AM »
If in fact, D Wilson responded to Taylors Tweet as he did, I am as upset about that tweet as well.  Somehow, adding an * in place of a letter apparently means you aren't actually unsing that particular word.

FWIW - Wilson either deleted the tweet or never tweeted it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2011, 11:35:43 AM »

Pretty sure he never tweeted that.  I wouldn't know because I refuse to look at anything Twitter, but my take was that was the original poster jokingly saying "Hey Jordan Taylor, you just got owned by Marquette."  Maybe I'm wrong.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2011, 11:36:17 AM »
To be fair, he made a couple bad calls against UW too.  I thought the entire game was reffed bizarrely.

I do agree with you here...though I do feel it skewed worse against MU.  Taylor's 4th foul on the charge was pretty iffy, although they called a charge on Blue on Brusewitz that was very, very similar to Taylor's 4th foul..
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2011, 11:38:32 AM »
FWIW - Wilson either deleted the tweet or never tweeted it.

Good thing he never used vulgarities.  I would have been offended by that sh*t!

turk17

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2011, 11:40:41 AM »

I don't think he tweeted that...I think that he was referring to the game play of DWilson.  That's my understanding.

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2011, 11:41:27 AM »
Q- "It was another rough shooting night... how much is it better competition and better defenses."

JT- "We just didn't make shots. Those are the same guys we played last year and I'm pretty sure we shot the ball just fine."

Q- "Playing teams like NC and MU is it to the point where teams say JT can't beat us, his team will have to win the game, is that the mindset of other teams?."

JT- "I really don't know what their mindset is ... as a team 5 to's from myself is a lot of to's."

Q- unedible but here's what I can decipher Anything they did to force you to turn the ball over. They did lose their starting point guard before the game."

JT- "I don't discredit them but I don't think so. Like I said it's the same group of guys we beat last year. I don't think they approached the game any different other than going over on ball screens more so than last year. More us not doing what we're supposed to do."   

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2011, 11:46:57 AM »
There was an all-american guard (and, two possible future all american guards) on the floor yesterday.  none of them were jordan taylor or wearing red!!!  enough said.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2011, 11:57:05 AM »
Not at all a badger fan, but I know JT very well. He's a good kid. He's smart and incredibly competitive. Sometimes that competitiveness can come off as cocky and immature. But really, if you had the chance to get to know him, he's a great guy, from a great family, with a great head on his shoulders. Those tweets and his presser were just him giving off some of his frustration....even though it was low and immature. Sometimes its hard for people that competitive to admit they got worked.

With that said, soooo happy we kicked his ass!!!!
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2011, 11:57:25 AM »
I do agree with you here...though I do feel it skewed worse against MU.  Taylor's 4th foul on the charge was pretty iffy, although they called a charge on Blue on Brusewitz that was very, very similar to Taylor's 4th foul..

Both were bad calls. One was Taylor's fourth which forced him on the bench. The other on Blue was during the Badger run at crunch time so it was a big bad call as well.

Another difference is Taylor's should have been a no call while the other should have been a and 1. You can't just do the splits in front of the rim to play good defense.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2011, 12:02:57 PM »
Q- "It was another rough shooting night... how much is it better competition and better defenses."

JT- "We just didn't make shots. Those are the same guys we played last year and I'm pretty sure we shot the ball just fine."

Q- "Playing teams like NC and MU is it to the point where teams say JT can't beat us, his team will have to win the game, is that the mindset of other teams?."

JT- "I really don't know what their mindset is ... as a team 5 to's from myself is a lot of to's."

Q- unedible but here's what I can decipher Anything they did to force you to turn the ball over. They did lose their starting point guard before the game."

JT- "I don't discredit them but I don't think so. Like I said it's the same group of guys we beat last year. I don't think they approached the game any different other than going over on ball screens more so than last year. More us not doing what we're supposed to do."   

The player guarding him was different than last year because he was a freshman, the player scoring tons of points was a freshman...  Not sure what he is talking about.  This is night and day different.

RyanConroy

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2011, 12:04:33 PM »
(Nevermind, this has been settled)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 12:13:25 PM by MUStudent »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2011, 12:05:52 PM »
The player guarding him was different than last year because he was a freshman, the player scoring tons of points was a freshman...  Not sure what he is talking about.  This is night and day different.

Thanks for posting that.  Pretty funny stuff.