'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jordan Taylor tweet  (Read 18071 times)

dgies9156

• All American
Re: Jordan Taylor tweet
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, 09:08:14 AM »
1. Bucky isn't "crap"
2. Taylor isn't a "dbag"
3. You guys kicked our asses, no excuses.

Thanks. Now there's a Badger fan with class. At least he is honest.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2011, 09:13:12 AM »
What'd Taylor say in the press conference?  I can't find it anywhere.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2011, 09:22:58 AM »

Blue was fronting him and jawing him a little bit on an inbounds pass.  Taylor was talking back and both started getting in one another's face. 

I just find it amazing that Blue (and others) got in Taylor's head.

It started when Taylor shoved Blue as he was guarding him when the ball was to be inbounded. After the shove, both got in each other's face and the ref came in and had his 5 minute conference with the both of them.

Also, not related to the incident, but was it just me or does Taylor initiate a lot of the contact when he is dribbling? I was getting nervous early on when we got called for defending most of those ball screens, but thought Taylor was the one initiating all the contact.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2011, 09:27:16 AM »
He was initiating a ton of contact.  He also had the low blow on crowder.  I have no respect for taylor as a player, especially since wiscy played their best ball with him on the bench.

The Maestro

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2011, 09:28:00 AM »
Jordan Taylor hasn't lived up to his pre-season billing. And he obviously needs a lesson in sportsmanship.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2011, 09:28:30 AM »
It started when Taylor shoved Blue as he was guarding him when the ball was to be inbounded. After the shove, both got in each other's face and the ref came in and had his 5 minute conference with the both of them.

Also, not related to the incident, but was it just me or does Taylor initiate a lot of the contact when he is dribbling? I was getting nervous early on when we got called for defending most of those ball screens, but thought Taylor was the one initiating all the contact.

Taylor does initiate contact, but that's one of the things he does well. Think of DJO getting guys on the head fake to draw fouls, or one instance yesterday that Mayo almost went into a guy to draw a foul on a layup even though he could have avoided the contact entirely. Having the bball IQ and body control to initiate contact to put fouls on defenders and avoid them yourself is a high-level skill.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2011, 09:28:57 AM »
STAY CLASSY, BUCKY!

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2011, 09:29:53 AM »
He was initiating a ton of contact.  He also had the low blow on crowder.  I have no respect for taylor as a player, especially since wiscy played their best ball with him on the bench.

That didn't seem intentional to me. Especially because nobody on MU seemed to react when it happened. If that was intentional I'd expect more of a reaction from our team.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2011, 09:31:09 AM »
the lack of greeting in the introductions

I honestly thought that nowadays they only did that during the NCAA tournament.  Why do they have to do it during the introductions, then do it again with each of the oppontent's players when lining up for the tip-off?

People really do just make up reasons to be offended.

jtrash37

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2011, 09:35:35 AM »
YAWN!!!!

SCOOOOOOREBOARD!

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2011, 09:48:22 AM »
Depends if you consider the rose bowl coming up short, champ.

I do, and so should any Bucky fan paying attention to the rare opportunity they had to run the table this year.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:51:03 AM by sixstrings03 »
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

🏀

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2011, 09:51:16 AM »

MU was incredibly mentally tough yesterday.  Yeah I can see why UW fans would think that the lack of greeting in the introductions was classless...and the talking was classless...but whatever.  This isn't some youth basketball league.

Made the Badgers look like a youth basketball team. Honestly, if they were offended get their heads out of the god damn 40s.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2011, 09:56:04 AM »
Taylor is up and tweeting again.

:didn't know I had so many Marquette followers. They obviously got a good team. just glad their fball team won and tryin to have some fun ha:

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2011, 10:06:27 AM »

[/quote

I don't remember if it was Taylor dribbling or someone else but do you guys remember when D Wilson got THE MOST ticky tack hand check foul I've ever seen out past the 3 point line in the second half.  He literally touched his hand against the guys side and the ref instantly blew the whistle.  I couldn't believe it.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2011, 10:17:34 AM »

I don't remember if it was Taylor dribbling or someone else but do you guys remember when D Wilson got THE MOST ticky tack hand check foul I've ever seen out past the 3 point line in the second half.  He literally touched his hand against the guys side and the ref instantly blew the whistle.  I couldn't believe it.

Yes!!!! I almost fell out of my chair!  The only call that comes close to that bad was the ref who T'd up DJO last year at Georgetown for yelling "count it motherf*cker!" in celebration.  On a related note, the camera zoomed in on Bo last night as he stared down a ref and screamed "That's the worst f*cking call you've made in your entire life!"

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2011, 10:19:36 AM »
Yes!!!! I almost fell out of my chair!  The only call that comes close to that bad was the ref who T'd up DJO last year at Georgetown for yelling "count it motherf*cker!" in celebration.  On a related note, the camera zoomed in on Bo last night as he stared down a ref and screamed "That's the worst f*cking call you've made in your entire life!"

I've always wondered what the T threshold for things coaches say is. I mean short of tossing a chair, which is fairly obvious, how many mother-f-ers can one coach say before drawing a T?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2011, 10:20:21 AM »

:didn't know I had so many Marquette followers. They obviously got a good team. just glad their fball team won and tryin to have some fun ha:

I'd call that damage control.

Jordan, I'd have no interest in your tweets if you had simply said 'nice game'.  You brought it on yourself.  Congrats to your football team and best of luck to you and Badger nation during the Big 10 hoops season.  Thank you.  

The Process

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2011, 10:21:03 AM »

hopefully Coach Ryan gives him quite the talking to for this. He represents his team even on his own Twitter account, and is supposed to be a leader. His latest tweet still does not reflect that.
Relax. Respect the Process.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2011, 10:26:27 AM »
They love bringing up football. Just like basketball though, UW football always comes up short when it counts.

So, I noticed that Taylor took a dig at our football team. At least he admits that Bucky basketball is second fiddle in Madison. How does it feel to be LMOC, Taylor?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2011, 10:28:20 AM »
Someone should ask him about UW's lacrosse team.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2011, 10:30:05 AM »

That call was terrible, but even worse was a hand check they called on Jamail Jones 45 feet from the hoop.  Jamail barely touched Taylor (I think or maybe it was Gasser), but it was a JOKE.  They called another one on Vander getting over the top of a screen and their was slight contact and Taylor pushed Vander with his off arm, and they called Vander.  Then the phantom 3 Seconds in the lane on Otule was Hightower bush league.  Truly, you are practically playing from down 10-15 points at the Kohl with Hightower on the court..
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2011, 10:32:09 AM »
To be fair, he made a couple bad calls against UW too.  I thought the entire game was reffed bizarrely.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2011, 10:38:05 AM »
Taylor apparently seems to not get it.  He keeps on saying basically that its only one tweet and not a big deal. Obviously a leader and role model for others he is not.
Relax. Respect the Process.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2011, 10:39:42 AM »
To be fair, he made a couple bad calls against UW too.  I thought the entire game was reffed bizarrely.

Totally agree, but those two fouls 40 feet from the hoop when the badgers weren't even dribbling made me think someone had money on the game or something.  Just jaw droppingly bad.  There were bad calls in MU's favor too.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2011, 10:40:11 AM »
I actually got a response after I called him overrated. He told me to lighten up. Admittedly my throwing in the term for a female dog took it a little far, but whatever, he is a sore loser and I feel he is overrated. Very good player, but don't think he is first team all-american.

As for that three second call, I think it was a makeup call for the travel that they didn't call on Jamil Wilson. It looked like when Wilson picked up his dribble, he took an extra step. It was an awkward looking play from Jamil so he may not have traveled, but that was my take. The 3-second call was after we kicked it out, so I figured Eddie was making up for that missed call. The hand check 45 feet from the basket was comical. I couldn't believe it.