[Today at 10:40:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:14:22 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Katz on Mike & Mike  (Read 5825 times)

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
Katz on Mike & Mike
« on: April 03, 2007, 08:01:46 AM »
Katz was on Mike & Mike an hour ago talking about Kentucky. His take was that Donovan's staying put, or at a minimum, he won't have a decision/won't be able to talk to Kentucky until April 14. He's supposedly busy all week with speaking engagements, arriving back on campus, and meeting w/the Florida administration on Thursday. Then Friday, he leaves for vacation for a week w/his family out of country. Katz says 'there's no time for him to talk to Kentucky or meet with them'.

He said if KY wants to wait until the 14th, then he'll still be open, but Katz thinks he's not going anywhere. I say "b.s." and that Donovan or his agent will make time to talk to someone willing to pay them $2-3M per year.

Candidate #2 is Rick Barnes and he doesn't think he'll go either because he's got a good thing going at Texas.

Candidate #3 is "the one candidate who will not say 'no' if he's offered the position". That guy is Tom Crean.

Said Izzo won't go anywhere and that if it gets to Crean he's gone.

Coming from Andy, we can all breath easily now because he's always wrong when it comes to TC.

Avenue Commons

• All American
Re: Katz on Mike & Mike
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 08:59:31 AM »
I don't think Donovan is going to leave, either. He'll stay because Florida is flush with cash and will pay any number to keep him. Florida is a better job right now than Kentucky anyway. I think Barnes could move if Durant jumps to the pros.

I would put the likelihood of Durant going pro at 98%, so Barnes could be looking to get out of Texas. Durant went to three different high schools. The idea he has some allegiance to Texas and loves college is kind of absurd. There's no way Durant turns down the cash.
We Are Marquette

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 09:23:29 AM »
I don't think Donovan is going to leave, either. He'll stay because Florida is flush with cash and will pay any number to keep him. Florida is a better job right now than Kentucky anyway. I think Barnes could move if Durant jumps to the pros.

I would put the likelihood of Durant going pro at 98%, so Barnes could be looking to get out of Texas. Durant went to three different high schools. The idea he has some allegiance to Texas and loves college is kind of absurd. There's no way Durant turns down the cash.

I guess I don't understand your reasoning. I'd say Texas is equally flush with cash.  If Barnes would leave because Durant is going to the NBA, Donaovan stands to lose whole lot more (Hoah, Horford, Brewer). Barnes has shown an equal ability to draw top talent (Ford, Durant). Given Donavan's lineage, I'd say there is for more reason for him to make the move than Barnes.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 10:18:43 AM »

I guess I don't understand your reasoning. I'd say Texas is equally flush with cash.  If Barnes would leave because Durant is going to the NBA, Donaovan stands to lose whole lot more (Hoah, Horford, Brewer). Barnes has shown an equal ability to draw top talent (Ford, Durant). Given Donavan's lineage, I'd say there is for more reason for him to make the move than Barnes.

Donovan has created more at Florida than Barnes has at Texas. Donovan is also in a better position to effectively recruit coming off of back-to-back championships.
We Are Marquette

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 10:48:58 AM »
knock on wood to the Katz always being wrong about Crean...more often than not he is incorrect in his statements but I for one don't want this to be the time he's right.

feedback