Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hang the Banner!!!!  (Read 36788 times)

MUMac

• All American
Hang the Banner!!!!
« on: November 21, 2011, 09:37:34 PM »
Wow.  Escape is the real story.  In the long run, I am not concerned. This may actually help.  In the short run, I did not expect to have troubles sleeping tonight.   :o

4everwarriors

• All American
Puttin' Up A Banner
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 09:38:49 PM »
Doubt it. That would be for hairy wet cats.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MattyWarrior

• All American
Re: Hang the Banner!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 09:39:17 PM »
OMG! Without Crowder and DJO we would be toast!Hard to beat a team twice.

DCWarriors04

• All American
Re: Puttin' Up A Banner
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 09:39:41 PM »
that would be an IU thing

boyonthedock

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 09:40:07 PM »
if they do i will burn it

DCWarriors04

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 09:40:32 PM »
freaking trap games...was worried about the fact that we had to play NSU twice in a week.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 09:41:01 PM »
freaking trap games...was worried about the fact that we had to play NSU twice in a week.

MU was totally looking forward to Jacksonville....   :o

nyg

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 09:41:16 PM »
Hope the banner is better than the trophy.  Good grief what a cheesy trophy.

mugrack

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 09:41:59 PM »
ugly

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 09:42:07 PM »
OMG! Without Crowder and DJO we would be toast!Hard to beat a team twice.

Oddly, I was worried about this game today.  In fact, I did not want it all weekend.  I was concerned that one week ago we beat them by 31.  Our start also may have attributed to some complacency or overconfidence.  

Escaped and moved on to next week.  Buzz is likely really pleased to have a week of practice ahead of them.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 09:42:47 PM »
So will the banner ceremony be on Monday??  Will Laura come to help raise it??  

nyg

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 09:43:21 PM »

On your pole?

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 09:46:05 PM »
Ummm guys, a few things to act as your Ambien tonight

1) It was the third game in three days for our Warriors. Won't see that again until the Big East tournament in March.

2) It was the second time in less than a month we saw these guys. Won't see that again for at least a month. You're nuts if you don't think that even little ole Norfolk State made adjustments and learned something about Marquette.

3) We won for chrissakes, Under a lot of duress and good teams find a way to win. Bad teams find ways to lose in the last minute,

4) Mississippi was the first team of any consequence we've played this year. Granted, they may be to the SEC what DePaul is to the Big East, but they are major power and they are SEC. We killed 'em. Absolutely left body parts laying around. It was a good start to the real season and we inevitably knew there would be a letdown today.

Now, go slay the rodent in red.

ATLmarquettefan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 09:47:10 PM »

1) It was the third game in three days for our Warriors. Won't see that again until the Big East tournament in March.

2) It was the second time in less than a month we saw these guys. Won't see that again for at least a month. You're nuts if you don't think that even little ole Norfolk State made adjustments and learned something about Marquette.

3) We won for chrissakes, Under a lot of duress and good teams find a way to win. Bad teams find ways to lose in the last minute,

4) Mississippi was the first team of any consequence we've played this year. Granted, they may be to the SEC what DePaul is to the Big East, but they are major power and they are SEC. We killed 'em. Absolutely left body parts laying around. It was a good start to the real season and we inevitably knew there would be a letdown today.

amen

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 09:47:31 PM »

Careful, BeeJay digs that chick.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 09:48:16 PM »
On your pole?

<sigh>  My pole can only hang one of those flags used to mark ultility lines.

cj111

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 09:48:48 PM »

+1

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 09:49:45 PM »
One correction...it was our third game in four days.  They didn't play on Saturday.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 09:50:07 PM »

if so I am so there... She wins SotG. Again.
Relax. Respect the Process.

Jackson_Downer

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 09:51:38 PM »
if so I am so there... She wins SotG. Again.

You say Sports Hot, I say Standard Def hot.
"Nice helmet!"
"Actually, it's not a helmet, it's a hairmet.  You see, it's got extra room in it so you don't mess up your hairdo."
"I'm going to write you a prescription for two testicles, you get it filled whenever."

-Scrubs

The Process

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2011, 09:54:08 PM »
You say Sports Hot, I say Standard Def hot.

either way, she works for me :)
Relax. Respect the Process.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2011, 10:22:01 PM »

Careful, BeeJay digs that chick.

I do kind of like her, but mostly because of her job. 

BIG effin honker and rough complexion... bad roots, totally needs another dye job.

But she had some curls in her hair, good chin, cute... I like how she talks.  Might even be a 7.5 or so.  Super young, though, I think.. probably will look like a$$ by her mid-30s.

(ps - Laura if you read this, I'm kidding.. please call me)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2011, 12:15:27 AM »
Its never easy to play a team twice in a week even Buzz said hes never done it in his career.

UticaBusBarn

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 01:22:00 AM »

It would seem that this a "reality check" for the Warriors and fans. The troubling part evidenced tonight is the "trending" of Coach Williams teams to lose leads in the second half. Interestingly, Coach McGuire teams had the same tendency. He often put his teams into a defensive shell with a lead and would win it close by shutting down the opponent. Coach Williams teams seem to simply run out of gas. A trait exasperated by playing multiple games in a short time period. Are they over-worked? Regardless, the good news is that team plays like a team, is a team, has talent 10 deep. Could be a great year.

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2011, 08:02:25 AM »
Cracked Sidewalks twitter account made a comment: "Tom Crean would hang a banner for this win & that ashtray-like trophy."

...To which Steve Novak seemed to take offense. ("What does that mean?")

I, personally, wouldnt be opposed to something hanging in the BC for *this year only*. It's a good accomplishment - our team and the MU community should be proud that we won it!...not whining because it wasnt by 30pts...
The "average fan" is an idiot.

feedback