'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Good news on the way?  (Read 25493 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Good news on the way?
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2011, 03:51:15 PM »
I think he's saying if Ray Lee or Devin Thomas were to commit today (both 3-star) and Kris Dunn and Shaquille Cleare called and said they wanted to commit tomorrow (both 5-star...or soon enough) that we'd go with Dunn and Cleare.

Honestly, my guess is that our final 2012 schollie will either be filled by Dunn and/or Cleare, or it will be filled after they have committed elsewhere.

Yes, Brew that is correct. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2011, 01:03:32 AM »
his current planned visits include Florida, Kansas, and Harvard.

Harvard is dessert?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ueZ6tvqhk8U?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ueZ6tvqhk8U?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2011, 09:30:42 AM »
BTW, Miller followed up with the following regarding the 2013 recruit:

"Snags have come up with the 2013 kid. May still happen, just not as soon as originally thought. Things like this happen all the time. MU still in great position with the prospect."

Too bad.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2011, 09:39:20 AM »

"Snags have come up with the 2013 kid. May still happen, just not as soon as originally thought. Things like this happen all the time. MU still in great position with the prospect."

Too bad.

Definitely, but still time. Would be a huge get to start our 2013 class.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU_Iceman

• Team Captain
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2011, 10:26:13 AM »

Too bad.

Any guesses who this 2013 is?  Actually...rephrase...any inside intel on who this might be?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2011, 10:34:26 AM »
I don't have any inside information, but if I were to guess, it would be Deonte Burton.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/102636/deonte-burton

Apparently is interested in coming back to Milwaukee for college.  (As opposed to Duane Wilson who apparently wants to look around and explore options.)

But who knows...

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2011, 10:38:45 AM »
Any guesses who this 2013 is?  Actually...rephrase...any inside intel on who this might be?

I would say that most everyone knows the name and he is a highly regarded 2013 prospect. He'd have a chance to be Buzz's highest rated RSCI player so far if current ratings held out.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2011, 10:41:47 AM »
I would say that most everyone knows the name and he is a highly regarded 2013 prospect. He'd have a chance to be Buzz's highest rated RSCI player so far if current ratings held out.

Can I ask why people don't come out and say the name then?  I get that it's nothing official at all, so it could raise some excitement and be a huge letdown if he chooses not to come to Marquette, but that's what these topics are for.  I'm guessing Burton, but I do not know who it's referring to either.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2011, 10:45:11 AM »
Can I ask why people don't come out and say the name then?  I get that it's nothing official at all, so it could raise some excitement and be a huge letdown if he chooses not to come to Marquette, but that's what these topics are for.  I'm guessing Burton, but I do not know who it's referring to either.

Because the people who I got the info from did so on pay-to-play websites, and they frown upon people sharing that on open forums. I know it happens, but I don't want people to think about reneging on my privileges because I shared info they didn't want to give for free. Trust me, I understand the aggravation with it, but I also respect the people that shared the info wanting to be paid for the work they put in.

muhs03

• Starter
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2011, 10:46:57 AM »
Pretty sure I read somewhere in the last few days that Cleare's dad has mentioned that juco or prep school is a likely scenario because Shaq is far from qualifying academically.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2011, 10:56:39 AM »
Pretty sure I read somewhere in the last few days that Cleare's dad has mentioned that juco or prep school is a likely scenario because Shaq is far from qualifying academically.

Heard that, but don't believe it. I haven't seen an official source anywhere on it, I just think it's UMD fans trying to justify why he hasn't verbaled yet. They think he's a lock, but I'm pretty sure we're still in the running.

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2011, 11:07:05 AM »
quote]Because the people who I got the info from did so on pay-to-play websites, and they frown upon people sharing that on open forums. I know it happens, but I don't want people to think about reneging on my privileges because I shared info they didn't want to give for free. Trust me, I understand the aggravation with it, but I also respect the people that shared the info wanting to be paid for the work they put in.[/quote]

I didn't realise you were sworn to secrecy for life when you pay for info.  Is there a secret hand shake too?[

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2011, 11:18:55 AM »
I didn't realise you were sworn to secrecy for life when you pay for info.  Is there a secret hand shake too?

I believe I covered this kind of argument when I said "I also respect the people that shared the info wanting to be paid for the work they put in."

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2011, 11:33:33 AM »
A 2013 kid really is along ways away.  As much as it is important to get early commitments, it is
awhile before they can sign a letter of intent.  Most of these kids change there mind anyway.  If
it is Burton it would be great, his athleticism is off the charts.  Different type of recruit.  It is more
important to finish 2012 strong.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2011, 12:30:53 PM »
Because the people who I got the info from did so on pay-to-play websites, and they frown upon people sharing that on open forums. I know it happens, but I don't want people to think about reneging on my privileges because I shared info they didn't want to give for free. Trust me, I understand the aggravation with it, but I also respect the people that shared the info wanting to be paid for the work they put in.

That makes sense.  I just didn't understand why, if pretty much everyone knew, it was so harmful to put his name on here.  But that makes sense, thanks.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2011, 12:35:54 PM »

Just heard that the delay in Cleare news is because he's with family in the Bahamas. My guess is that's why there's a delay in news, and the same reason the JUCO story appeared out of nowhere (with no confirmation). No timetable, though.

dmjt4160

• Walk-On
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2011, 04:40:29 PM »

Thats just a rumor, he is in fine shape academically. Cleare is pretty much a lock, he hasn't even mentioned taking any other visits.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2011, 10:51:13 PM »
Where is he a lock at?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2011, 11:14:07 PM »
Where is he a lock at?

Maryland is the favorite.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2011, 11:23:55 AM »
So why is there a discussion on him???

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2011, 11:52:10 AM »
Because he still has us listed.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2011, 03:51:25 PM »
So why is there a discussion on him???

Because the only people who have called him a lock are Maryland fans (like the poster above). But if McGary verbals there, word is Cleare will look elsewhere, despite McGary supposedly trying to sell Cleare on UMD. From the sound of things, Cleare is still up in the air. Maryland is the favorite, but I don't think we're far behind.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2011, 04:33:45 PM »
Because the only people who have called him a lock are Maryland fans (like the poster above). But if McGary verbals there, word is Cleare will look elsewhere, despite McGary supposedly trying to sell Cleare on UMD. From the sound of things, Cleare is still up in the air. Maryland is the favorite, but I don't think we're far behind.

How do you know really how we stand with Cleare and that goes for all of us and with all recruits.

Recruiting is a different animal and the more you follow it the more you know how little you really know and how fast things change.  A year ago for instance, Marquette was in tight with a prospect and it was thought they may have been the leader within a few weeks from his decision.  When he made the decision, Marquette wasn't even one of the 4 schools mentioned as his finalists and there are things going on behind the scenes with many kids that contribute to this school jockeying.

The safe thing is to sit back and see who Buzz will see on in-home visits a few weeks from now and who will come to Marquette for official visits and those two things may not even tell you who we will get.

If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

dmjt4160

• Walk-On
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2011, 05:18:35 PM »
Almost everything in that post is not true. More than just Maryland fans think we are the heavy favorite. Cleare is from Texas and has visited Maryland twice. We were his only visit during the summer and he said he wasn't looking to take anymore visits. Every interview with him is him talking about Maryland non stop. Furthermore we have hardly ever heard Marquette mentioned as the competition for him even early on. He was interviewed by a national writer on the 247 network at AAU nationals and he was talking about us like he was already committed. That whole McGary and Cleare theory is makes no sense considering McGary is a 4 and Cleare is a 5 combined with the fact that we have ZERO good bigs on our roster. Cleare will be committed before McGary decides anything anyway.

Not trying to be a dick but thinking that you are in good shape for Cleare or right behind us is nothing more than extreme wishful thinking.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 05:20:09 PM by dmjt4160 »

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2011, 05:29:57 PM »
Thanks for setting everyone straight!