Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Yikes, Just The Messenger...  (Read 24775 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Yikes, Just The Messenger...
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2011, 03:52:33 PM »

You know what I just realized?  **NERS** also referred to her the victim.  He brought it up in the question he asked me...

LOL, get off you're high horse....what a joke...

That would make **NERS** wrong also. Keep the insults coming. When you're wrong on substance that's the lowest and easiest road to travel.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2011, 04:02:00 PM »
Anyone who thinks Public Safety turned a blind eye/ear to a believable sexual assault victim is deluding themselves.   

Public Safety? Probably not. The rest of the bureaucracy? I knew someone who had been kidnapped, taken to North side ATMs and dumped back on campus, and a self-titled "Dr." head of one of MU's main departments told her to shut up about it at her campus job so potential students wouldn't hear about it. I think some administration officials at Marquette would cover up murder if they needed to.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2011, 04:02:57 PM »
The continued smearing of these women is terribly sad.  Anything to win.  Anything to protect the student athlete.  These women aren't victims, they asked for it.  Once they started, they should finish.  Duke Lacrosse.  Victims are those found to be victims only in the eyes of a court.  What is wrong with you people?

You're absolutely right.
Also terribly sad is the continued smearing of these male Marquette University students, who not only have not been convicted of any illegal acts, they haven't even been charged. To the contrary, multiple investigatory agencies that looked into these claims have determined there is no credible evidence by which to charge them. And it's not as if there's a high burden to get an indictment. You know what they say about grand juries and ham sandwiches, right?
And yet that doesn't stop certain message board clowns from accusing them of taking a "free ride ... whenever the athlete wants" and declaring that an accuser is a crime victim.

Pot, say hello to kettle.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2011, 04:12:27 PM »
That would make **NERS** wrong also. Keep the insults coming. When you're wrong on substance that's the lowest and easiest road to travel.

I'm not "wrong on substance."  I used a phrase that has been commonly used on this board to describe the female in this case.  Don't like it?  Don't care.  Save your OUTRAGE for a true injustice...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2011, 04:24:31 PM »

I'm not "wrong on substance."  I used a phrase that has been commonly used on this board to describe the female in this case.  Don't like it?  Don't care.  Save your OUTRAGE for a true injustice...

Not OUTRAGED. Bemused.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2011, 04:39:26 PM »
I disagree and it's proven right here in this thread. Blind eye...you're probably correct but that doesn't mean the DPS officer didn't view things through the same lens that some here view it.  

If you want to go on thinking that the professionals who staff the DPS hold the same  views people on an anonymous basketball forum profess in defense of their team (and gender)  .. I stand by my statement.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2011, 04:43:25 PM »
Public Safety? Probably not. The rest of the bureaucracy? I knew someone who had been kidnapped, taken to North side ATMs and dumped back on campus, and a self-titled "Dr." head of one of MU's main departments told her to shut up about it at her campus job so potential students wouldn't hear about it. I think some administration officials at Marquette would cover up murder if they needed to.

That's an amazing accusation.  Especially since there's a ALWAYS a handful of crime events on campus, year in, year out.   Please produce evidence of anything remotely like your story.  It is quite unbelievable.

• All American
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2011, 04:52:34 PM »
That's an amazing accusation.  Especially since there's a ALWAYS a handful of crime events on campus, year in, year out.   Please produce evidence of anything remotely like your story.  It is quite unbelievable.

Feel free to to message me and I can give you his name so you can call him yourself.

Of course it's unbelievable to you. If Wild et al told you sh!t was gold, you'd probably buy it, like most people on this board.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2011, 06:07:31 PM »

Uhhh...topper...not to be a dick but, this may not be the same student, but this happened several times when I was on campus. The Trib even ran an article, and I could have sworn there as a topic as such on here about it.

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2011, 06:29:33 PM »
You're absolutely right.
Also terribly sad is the continued smearing of these male Marquette University students, who not only have not been convicted of any illegal acts, they haven't even been charged.

Who is smearing the male students?

I've been steadfast is suggesting that a full and proper investigation would be equally valuable to an innocent male student as it would be for bringing a guilty male to justice.

Think of where those Duke players would be today without the corroborative evidence collected by the Durham Police Department that was instrumental in undermining Michael Nifong's case and exposing Crystal Magnum's lies.

To the contrary, multiple investigatory agencies that looked into these claims have determined there is no credible evidence by which to charge them.

Not true.  

The agencies that looked into these claims have determined that was insufficient evidence by which to charge them.  Its a major stretch on your part to say there is "no credible evidence."

If you had even a shred of decency, you'd admit that there most certainly is credible evidence (the victim's report, the hospital records), but that evidence is insufficient to assure a conviction.

Furthermore, you neglected to mention that one of the reasons why there isn't enough evidence to charge anyone is that the agencies were not able to conduct a proper and timely investigation.

Here's what was said about those agencies:
"No law enforcement agency was able to adequately investigate this matter at the time it occurred, and the subsequent efforts by the Milwaukee Police Department were inhibited by the fact that it did not receive this information until several months after the incident occurred."

and

"An immediate and thorough police investigation of this incident may have yielded additional compelling evidence.  Unfortunately a police investigation undertaken even four weeks later was not able to produce corroborate evidence that would support a criminal prosecution"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2011, 09:21:14 PM »
If you want to go on thinking that the professionals who staff the DPS hold the same  views people on an anonymous basketball forum profess in defense of their team (and gender)  .. I stand by my statement.

Fair enough but I've met enough cops in my life that don't know the laws (or need to brush up on them)  that holding DPS to that standard seems high.  No officer knows all the laws, and there is not an exception with a DPS officer either.

To each their own.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2011, 09:24:37 PM »
No "progress" needed. I never said that a court ruling was necessary to prove whether or not there was a victim. I'll make this so simple you can't twist it or misunderstand it. There is a victim in all he said/she said cases. That would be whoever is telling the truth. Just how do you know who that is in this case?

Do I admit that victims of sexual assault (and other crimes) sometimes elect not to go to the authorities? Of course. When did I ever say otherwise and what does it have to do with this case?

Don't be so naive Lenny.  A person can believe they are telling the truth 100% and still be 100% in the wrong.

To this day I find it interesting that the AD is gone, the coaches reprimanded, the players disciplined but they all did nothing wrong.  Apparently the university was just going through some fun with those actions.   Let's not pretend some, especially one individual in particular, has done everything in his power to claim these women were either lying, unstable, etc, etc....anything to protect.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 09:26:13 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

• All American
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2011, 09:49:00 PM »
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:NYnIcF1Kj0cJ:www.postcrescent.com/article/20110323/APC0101/110323079/Man-wanted-alleged-kidnapping-robbery-Marquette-student-captured-after-5-years-run+marquette+student+kidnapped&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

and this incident

http://www.wisn.com/r/15529627/detail.html

I'm not referring to that kidnapping. I'm referring to one from 2006 that wasn't publicized in the media. I know of another one that happened in 2007. It wouldn't surprise me if this was an annual occurance at Marquette (and UWM, for that matter).

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2011, 10:26:25 PM »
Don't be so naive Lenny.  A person can believe they are telling the truth 100% and still be 100% in the wrong.

To this day I find it interesting that the AD is gone, the coaches reprimanded, the players disciplined but they all did nothing wrong.  Apparently the university was just going through some fun with those actions.   Let's not pretend some, especially one individual in particular, has done everything in his power to claim these women were either lying, unstable, etc, etc....anything to protect.

You comingle all of the situations.  Yes, the coaches and players were disciplined.  If you do not recall, in one incident the players were found guilty of Sexual Harrassment.  I suspect that situation is the one where the players, coaches, et al were found guilty.

And yes, the AD is gone.  He was also the University Counsel at the time that MU's policy was implemented that did not fully comply with State Law.  So, why is he gone?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2011, 10:45:46 PM »
You co-mingling all of the situations.  Yes, the coaches and players were disciplined.  If you do not recall, in one incident the players were found guilty of Sexual Harrassment.  I suspect that situation is the one where the players, coaches, et al were found guilty.

And yes, the AD is gone.  He was also the University Counsel at the time that MU's policy was implemented that did not fully comply with State Law.  So, why is he gone?

Ding ding ding.  Correct, he was General Counsel at the time when that policy was adopted.....only goes to show what I said earlier, not all lawyers agree on these things now do they?  Nor do all jurists.  Of course not. 

Question for you...do you think MU was in violation of state law in these two cases (sorry for co-mingling)?  I've had several of Dodds brethren email me here to claim that MU did NOT break any laws whatsoever based on the legal opinions of some of their posters.  I do not understand, then, why multiple news outlets directly attribute MU sources as saying MU violated state law in this process.  Is it a conspiracy?  Are these news outlets lying?  It seems you are calling it like it is...we broke the law.  I don't know why this is so damn hard for others to admit.  Some folks have their heads so buried in the sand they can see China at this point.