[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: belling talks about sex incident again  (Read 12868 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: belling talks about sex incident again
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 06:35:19 AM »
If Belling was right, Buzz should be fired.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2011, 06:52:05 AM »
again, belling is just reporting from what he understands that chisholm has gathered.  i believe we should first know what buzz's involvement was.  if he told the girl to go to the police(i doubt that), went to console her(umm...), or told her to shut the pie hole(mouth) and here's some front row seats for life, hey, how about some locker room passes post game?  o.k. o.k. in all seriousness, we need to know if buzz did meet w/ alleged victim and what he said before we send him on to texas a&m

groove

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2011, 07:00:43 AM »

+1, that is a big if, but if he is right there is no question Buzz should be fired.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2011, 07:40:07 AM »
I agree, if true Buzz should be gone.  However, that is a ginormous leap, I have seen nothing that comes even remotely close to what Belling's allegations seem to be.  The closest thing is the report that Buzz had a team meeting regarding the four players involved in the first incident.  Based on what I have seen officially reported I see nothing that Buzz has done wrong.  There is probably just enough out there that Belling can avoid a defamation lawsuit, which is a same.  That is awfully strong accusation to just toss out there; interfering in a sexual assault case is itself a felony I believe.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2011, 07:56:46 AM »
I agree, if true Buzz should be gone.  However, that is a ginormous leap, I have seen nothing that comes even remotely close to what Belling's allegations seem to be.  The closest thing is the report that Buzz had a team meeting regarding the four players involved in the first incident.  Based on what I have seen officially reported I see nothing that Buzz has done wrong.  There is probably just enough out there that Belling can avoid a defamation lawsuit, which is a same.  That is awfully strong accusation to just toss out there; interfering in a sexual assault case is itself a felony I believe.

did you hear belling or listen to the podcast??  i'm not defending belling here, but belling did not allege anything.  he is going off of reports and comments and news stories.  he has repeatedly said that he is having trouble coming to any conclusions with this story and the first one that occurred in october 2010.  just because you guys don't like belling doesn't mean you can throw him under the mack truck(getting sick of the bus thing)

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2011, 09:14:31 AM »
again, belling is just reporting from what he understands that chisholm has gathered.  i believe we should first know what buzz's involvement was.  if he told the girl to go to the police(i doubt that), went to console her(umm...), or told her to shut the pie hole(mouth) and here's some front row seats for life, hey, how about some locker room passes post game?  o.k. o.k. in all seriousness, we need to know if buzz did meet w/ alleged victim and what he said before we send him on to texas a&m

She was raped by a player (allegedly). You think she wants locker room passes?

Sultan, while you're right that Buzz should be fired if, but it can't be underestimated how big that if really is

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2011, 09:22:58 AM »
you guys need to listen to the podcast before you blow a vessel.  belling merely said that john chisholm(d.a.) intimated that buzz may have intervened with an alleged victim in the first case.  and if buzz did so, it was at least inappropriate and at most, interfering with an ongoing investigation.  belling further states thaat because buzz will not say anything re: the case, that based on his involvement, he's being rewarded with a raise and contract extension.  i.e. good job on helping us sweep this one under the rug.  belling, being the "pit bull" of reporters is just being a dick b/c buzz won't give him an interview.  but also, buzz should not have contacted the girl(as chisholm intimates) b/c it doesn't look good.

There's no indication that Buzz contacted the girl, and Chisholm never "intimated" anything of the sort. In fact, Chisholm specifically stated that there's no evidence the coaching staff interferred, or intended to interfere, with the investigation.
Belling is wrong, and if I were MU I'd demand a public retraction. He has, for all intents, accused Buzz of a felony.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2011, 10:15:10 AM »
Why is it everytime some yahoo make an outlandish claim (or in this case maybe doesn't) people can't wait to come on here and say "if this is true,..." What nonsense. Why not just stipulate that if, at any time in the future, it can be proven that so and so is a father raper, mother stabber, etc., he/she should be fired. Duh!

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2011, 10:17:38 AM »
There's no indication that Buzz contacted the girl, and Chisholm never "intimated" anything of the sort. In fact, Chisholm specifically stated that there's no evidence the coaching staff interferred, or intended to interfere, with the investigation.
Belling is wrong, and if I were MU I'd demand a public retraction. He has, for all intents, accused Buzz of a felony.

Agreed, I was listening to the radio when he was talking about this and it shocked me when he started talking about Buzz talking to the girl, because I had never seen or heard that anywhere before.  If someone has a link to a story or comments where someone mentions Buzz talking to the girl that would seem to back Belling up, but in this instance I don't ever recall that being the case.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2011, 10:42:13 AM »
did you hear belling or listen to the podcast??  i'm not defending belling here, but belling did not allege anything.  he is going off of reports and comments and news stories.  he has repeatedly said that he is having trouble coming to any conclusions with this story and the first one that occurred in october 2010.  just because you guys don't like belling doesn't mean you can throw him under the mack truck(getting sick of the bus thing)

I did listen to the last half of his discussion, and I don't know what alleging is if he didn't allege Buzz had contact with the victim and even worse.  And I quote "It's time for somebody to ask the question, of whether or not it is appropriate to give a contract extension and a raise to a basketball coach who intervenes in a sexual assault investigation involving players' of his, and that is what happened at Marquette."

Sure looks like an allegation to me.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2011, 10:44:09 AM »
I did listen to the last half of his discussion, and I don't know what alleging is if he didn't allege Buzz had contact with the victim and even worse.  And I quote "It's time for somebody to ask the question, of whether or not it is appropriate to give a contract extension and a raise to a basketball coach who intervenes in a sexual assault investigation involving players' of his, and that is what happened at Marquette."

Sure looks like an allegation to me.

http://belling.com/cc-common/podcast.html
2nd hour, part 2 starts around the 14 minute mark

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2011, 11:20:41 AM »
I would say intervening in the investigation is a long way from actually contacting the girl.  I'm not sure where people made that leap.

Also, how exactly did he "intervene"?  All I've seen is that he allegedly held a meeting with the 4 players from the Oct. incident, which is completely separate from this Feb. incident.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2011, 11:29:41 AM »
Assuming Buzz even talked to the girls it may not have had anything to do with telling them what to do. He could of just been trying to find out what went on, so he could decide what punishment to hand out to the players. I agree he would be better off not talking to them, but it would be leaping to a conclusion that he was there to prevent them from reporting it. In fact, I would think if he had actually done that it would have been a big issue with MU's corpoarte counsel and he would not have got a contract extension.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2011, 12:02:23 PM »
Assuming Buzz even talked to the girls it may not have had anything to do with telling them what to do. He could of just been trying to find out what went on, so he could decide what punishment to hand out to the players. I agree he would be better off not talking to them, but it would be leaping to a conclusion that he was there to prevent them from reporting it. In fact, I would think if he had actually done that it would have been a big issue with MU's corpoarte counsel and he would not have got a contract extension.
now that's more like it!!
i think, but i will try to find it to verify, the part where belling brings up chisholm's alluding to buzz's possible contact or involvement in the situation was in podcast hour 2 part 1 @ 23:42 mark-belling says "buzz had contact with the women in the initial case(october) after the initial allegations were made and there are suggestions from milw. co. d.a. john chisholm, that buzz william's contact may have been inappropriate.  belling then further adds/asks why an intermediary(buzz) is having contact with an alleged victim
    so again, belling is merely commenting on only what is out there, rather than making any insinuations.  he has tried/without success to contact marquette a.d. and of course hasn't heard back from him.  he did however talk to janine geske-mu law professor, the only mu person he has talked to at this point
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:15:12 PM by wyzgy »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2011, 12:15:18 PM »
Buzz shouldn't have talked to the girls *at all.*  Buzz should never have even found out who they are.  I'm not saying merely contacting them would be a fireable offense, but it would be highly inappropriate for him to do so for any reason.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2011, 12:53:35 PM »
Buzz shouldn't have talked to the girls *at all.*  Buzz should never have even found out who they are.  I'm not saying merely contacting them would be a fireable offense, but it would be highly inappropriate for him to do so for any reason.

You're right.
But nobody has suggested that Buzz did this except Belling. and that includes Belling's supposed source, Chisholm.
Go back and read Chisholm's statement when he announced there would be no charges. Nowhere does he state that any girls were contacted by Buzz or the coaching staff. To the contrary, Chisholm says there was no effort by the coaching staff to interfere with any investigation.
This is a non-issue created by a loudmouth who apparently lacks any grasp of the actual facts.
I'd have a huge problem with this if Buzz actually contacted either of these accusers. But there's nothing to indicate that he did.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2011, 12:57:13 PM »
I think Belling needs to get his facts straight.  Here is Chisholm's statement...
http://media.jsonline.com/documents/Chisholm_Marquette_letter.pdf

It doesn't say anything about Buzz contacting either of the women.  Talking about the Oct. incident it says this:

"One factor of concern in this incident is that, according to one of the suspects, members of the coaching staff received information about the October incident and met together with the suspected athletes to discuss the allegations before any law enforcement agency was able to interview the suspects.  Furthermore, at least one of the suspects sent a text message to the victim during this meeting, asking her if she reported something to Marquette Public Safety.  There is no evidence that the coaching staff intended to interfere with the investigation.  It highlights, however, that when proper procedure is not followed it prevents an untainted interview with any suspect and provides an opportunity for the individuals allegedly involved as suspects or witnesses to compare recollections regarding the circumstances of the alleged misconduct."

There's nothing about any contact regarding the Feb. incident, which is the subject of the Tribune article.

Rubie Q

• Starter
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2011, 01:15:43 PM »
You're right.
But nobody has suggested that Buzz did this except Belling. and that includes Belling's supposed source, Chisholm.
Go back and read Chisholm's statement when he announced there would be no charges. Nowhere does he state that any girls were contacted by Buzz or the coaching staff. To the contrary, Chisholm says there was no effort by the coaching staff to interfere with any investigation.
This is a non-issue created by a loudmouth who apparently lacks any grasp of the actual facts.
I'd have a huge problem with this if Buzz actually contacted either of these accusers. But there's nothing to indicate that he did.

Pakuni is absolutely right, once again: Belling accused Buzz of committing a felony. Buzz's attorney should demand a retraction and threaten to sue Belling and WISN immediately.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2011, 01:44:25 PM »
Pakuni is absolutely right, once again: Belling accused Buzz of committing a felony. Buzz's attorney should demand a retraction and threaten to sue Belling and WISN immediately.
you guys need to put your hate on belling away before you execute him.  cheeeeesus, take a breath, your hate slobber is coming thru my monitor and messing my desk.  i'm sure he will be commenting further today if he got anymore info.  so keep your powder dry. ya'll get another stab at him and just lump everything you hear today into one big fat juicy lawsuit

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2011, 01:47:22 PM »

+1

Listen, this isn't about Belling per se.....this is really about a broadcaster with a large megaphone saying things that at BEST imply that Buzz committed a felony and out worst state that he did commit that felony, all while having no proof in the public record to substantiate these claims.  This is an attack on Buzz's character and quite frankly, one that should be met with aggression because one of Buzz's recruiting tools IS his character.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2011, 01:56:30 PM »
I don't live in Milwaukee and never heard of Belling outside this board so I have no axe to grind, but if he made those accusations, then he needs to be called out by Buzz's and possibly MU's attorneys.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2011, 02:00:05 PM »
you guys need to put your hate on belling away before you execute him.  cheeeeesus, take a breath, your hate slobber is coming thru my monitor and messing my desk.  i'm sure he will be commenting further today if he got anymore info.  so keep your powder dry. ya'll get another stab at him and just lump everything you hear today into one big fat juicy lawsuit

I don't live in Milwaukee and I've never heard of (or from) Mark Belling, outside an occasional post on this board. I can surmise from those posts that he's a Rush Limbaugh wannabe, but that's about the extent of my knowledge on him. I couldn't care less about his politics or his opinions. I do, however, take issue when he states as fact that someone committed a felony when there's no suggestion or evidence that that's the case.
Apparently, slander is just fine in your book, so long as you're a fan of the slanderer.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2011, 02:11:50 PM »
Please don't quote wyzgy or guys like him.  It renders my ignore button useless.

As for Belling, he takes shots at MU any chance he gets.  I don't think anything will come of his accusations of Buzz, because he and Marquette both know he has a very large microphone.  MU and Buzz will want this to go away ASAP, but if they fire back or threaten Belling with a lawsuit he will go on-and-on about this for as long as he has air in his lungs. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2011, 02:19:29 PM »
Buzz shouldn't have talked to the girls *at all.*  Buzz should never have even found out who they are.  I'm not saying merely contacting them would be a fireable offense, but it would be highly inappropriate for him to do so for any reason.

+1  Highly inappropriate if that's what happened.  Just stay away and let the authorities handle it.  Inserting self only adds many levels of complexity.  This is partly what happened to Tressel, instead of reporting it to the compliance people he decided to talk to Pryor's guys and handle it himself.  I'm sure the best of intentions, but you just can't do that.  Hopefully just Belling being a dope and he's called out for it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2011, 02:29:45 PM »
+1  Highly inappropriate if that's what happened.  Just stay away and let the authorities handle it.  Inserting self only adds many levels of complexity.  This is partly what happened to Tressel, instead of reporting it to the compliance people he decided to talk to Pryor's guys and handle it himself.  I'm sure the best of intentions, but you just can't do that.  Hopefully just Belling being a dope and he's called out for it.

Only you would find this analogous in any way, shape or form to the ongoing scandals at Ohio State. Sorry to dash your hopes, but this won't end up with Buzz = Tressel.

feedback