[Today at 05:29:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Futbol Talk  (Read 799225 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Futbol Talk
« Reply #4300 on: June 07, 2023, 11:11:53 AM »
Messi to Miami
#donedeal

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #4301 on: June 07, 2023, 11:40:35 AM »
Nice little Wednesday for Apple.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4303 on: June 10, 2023, 11:00:36 AM »
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1667143475307880450?s=46&t=QSiaGcOIKZrrpw0ciZkI5Q

I mean, that Beckham line was clearly a joke, especially since people have always joked that Beckham is barely intelligible.  It wasn't that funny of a joke but people are losing their mind over it.

As for Messi, I couldn't care less and he will certainly be able to live an entire normal life in Miami speaking only Spanish, thousands of people already do.  But Ive always found it crazy that he speaks really no English, at all.  I can't think of another soccer player at an elite level, much less a global megastar athlete, who doesn't at least speak passable English.  You have guys like Ichiro or Ohtani or some Dominican baseball players who use a translator just to make sure they don't get their interviews misrepresented, but they still speak English.  Ive never heard anything like that about Messi, just that he doesn't know or speak English.  Certainly his choice, but still wild.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #4304 on: June 14, 2023, 09:16:00 AM »
Every summer I become more and more convinced that Mbappe is a diva.  This is what, season 3 of the Madrid - Paris - Mbappe "will they, won't they" soap opera?

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #4305 on: June 14, 2023, 09:36:43 AM »
Every summer I become more and more convinced that Mbappe is a diva.  This is what, season 3 of the Madrid - Paris - Mbappe "will they, won't they" soap opera?

He is the best player in the game so anything involving him will garner a lot of attention. Especially in the very short off-season.

But this isn't so much an Mbappe story as it is a story about PSG being dysfunctional inside and outside of the stadium.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #4306 on: June 14, 2023, 09:46:53 AM »
He is the best player in the game so anything involving him will garner a lot of attention. Especially in the very short off-season.

But this isn't so much an Mbappe story as it is a story about PSG being dysfunctional inside and outside of the stadium.

I'm not sure I'd say he's the best in the game.

As for PSG's dysfunctionality, I'd agree if this were a one off, but there have been way to many instances where he's been a prima donna.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4307 on: June 14, 2023, 10:21:37 AM »
I'm not sure I'd say he's the best in the game.

As for PSG's dysfunctionality, I'd agree if this were a one off, but there have been way to many instances where he's been a prima donna.

You could say its not a one off for Mbappe, but its not a one off for PSG either.  Look at the tenure of superstars there, its always short.  Neymar has been there 6 years and he's an anamoly (and just got ran off).  They cycle through star players even though its a premier club with endless money in a marquee city with endless branding.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #4308 on: June 14, 2023, 10:43:52 AM »
You could say its not a one off for Mbappe, but its not a one off for PSG either.  Look at the tenure of superstars there, its always short.  Neymar has been there 6 years and he's an anamoly (and just got ran off).  They cycle through star players even though its a premier club with endless money in a marquee city with endless branding.

Don't get me wrong, PSG is not a well run club, but the list of Mbappe initiated drama during his time there is lengthy.  Even this round, his contract stated that he always had to opt-in so there was no reason to have his letter writing.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4309 on: June 14, 2023, 11:11:39 AM »

Being in Ligue 1 isn't helpful though.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4310 on: June 14, 2023, 02:17:05 PM »
All this futbol talk and no mention of the treble that Man City pulled off?

Sure the game was extremely dull, but they did it.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #4311 on: June 14, 2023, 02:24:18 PM »

Sure the game was extremely dull, but they did it.

With the talent in the squad it was only a matter of time before they got the Champions League.  Their Semi-Final second leg might be the best I have ever seen a team play, absolutely dominating the holders.  Inters 3-5-2 was a different formation that most teams use and essentially neutralized Haaland, I wonder if teams will try to emulate that domestically next season.  Feel bad for De Bryune getting hurt in the finals in 2 of 3 years, but I'm sure all that matters to him is the silverware.  Haaland vs Messi for the Ballon d'Or will be interesting to see.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #4312 on: June 14, 2023, 02:24:37 PM »

Not nearly as impressive as the 115 times they allegedly broke FFP rules.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #4313 on: June 14, 2023, 06:14:57 PM »
Don't get me wrong, PSG is not a well run club, but the list of Mbappe initiated drama during his time there is lengthy.  Even this round, his contract stated that he always had to opt-in so there was no reason to have his letter writing.

Is the contention that Mbappe is a prima Donna because he notified the club 12 months too early that he wouldn't exercise his option?

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #4314 on: June 15, 2023, 06:16:49 AM »
Is the contention that Mbappe is a prima Donna because he notified the club 12 months too early that he wouldn't exercise his option?

This incident (one of many) was him telling PSG in person that he wasn’t exercising it, then sending them a letter (that just happened to go to a newspaper as well) saying the exact same thing. The newspaper got the letter hours before PSG did. He leaked that he wanted out to inform Madrid to come calling (Madrid had stated as recently as a few weeks ago that they were going to wait to try for him next summer, plus just committed a 9 figure sum for Jude). That screams prima donna.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 06:31:23 AM by Its DJOver »

panda

• All American
« Reply #4315 on: June 15, 2023, 11:05:01 AM »
Not nearly as impressive as the 115 times they allegedly broke FFP rules.

Everton have more violations. I doubt anything will happen

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #4316 on: June 15, 2023, 04:46:44 PM »
This incident (one of many) was him telling PSG in person that he wasn’t exercising it, then sending them a letter (that just happened to go to a newspaper as well) saying the exact same thing. The newspaper got the letter hours before PSG did. He leaked that he wanted out to inform Madrid to come calling (Madrid had stated as recently as a few weeks ago that they were going to wait to try for him next summer, plus just committed a 9 figure sum for Jude). That screams prima donna.

Ok

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4317 on: June 15, 2023, 09:26:08 PM »
I'm sure this will be received warmly here.

Paul Tenorio
@PaulTenorio
BREAKING: Gregg Berhalter is set to return as manager of the #USMNT, according to multiple sources briefed on the negotiations.

Deal still being finalized, but return is imminent.

Reporting with
@MLSist
:

panda

• All American
« Reply #4318 on: June 15, 2023, 09:28:12 PM »
I'm sure this will be received warmly here.

Paul Tenorio
@PaulTenorio
BREAKING: Gregg Berhalter is set to return as manager of the #USMNT, according to multiple sources briefed on the negotiations.

Deal still being finalized, but return is imminent.

Reporting with
@MLSist
:

Lol im watching gio Reyna boss the midfield in the first 10 minutes and now I see that this clown is getting re upped.

It was a good run for the best talent America has ever seen…

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4319 on: June 15, 2023, 09:31:01 PM »
Lol im watching gio Reyna boss the midfield in the first 10 minutes and now I see that this clown is getting re upped.

It was a good run for the best talent America has ever seen…

Did you apply?

panda

• All American
« Reply #4320 on: June 15, 2023, 09:32:19 PM »

panda

• All American
« Reply #4321 on: June 15, 2023, 09:41:35 PM »
Best talent usmnt has ever seen and he achieved nothing more than all previous coaches. Why does he deserve to run the program in the nations most important cycle ever?

USSF opening itself up to absolute toxicity is beyond ludicrous. Beyond moronic move

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4322 on: June 15, 2023, 09:50:57 PM »
Best talent usmnt has ever seen and he achieved nothing more than all previous coaches. Why does he deserve to run the program in the nations most important cycle ever?

USSF opening itself up to absolute toxicity is beyond ludicrous. Beyond moronic move

Or ...took youngest team in the tournament to knockout stage and tied with 2010 team for most points ever by a US team in a World Cup.
Best result percentage, best AGF and best AGA of any coach in USMNT history (minimum 10 matches).
I think GGG has his flaws, but the narrative your pushing here is objectively false.

panda

• All American
« Reply #4323 on: June 15, 2023, 10:02:44 PM »
Or ...took youngest team in the tournament to knockout stage and tied with 2010 team for most points ever by a US team in a World Cup.
Best result percentage, best AGF and best AGA of any coach in USMNT history (minimum 10 matches).
I think GGG has his flaws, but the narrative your pushing here is objectively false.

Barely got out of the group and got dominated in their knockout game. Putrid offense with absolutely no creativity. Not a great record against real competition. questionable talent evaluation (Jordan morris, Jesus fererera, Shaq Moore) Finished THIRD in concacaf qualifying.

He did nothing more than most of his predecessors and absolutely nothing that merits a second look.

On top of that, he’s at odds with (IMO) America’s best talent.

Absolutely embarrassing hire. This shows America is not serious about becoming a real soccer country.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4324 on: June 15, 2023, 10:08:09 PM »
Matt Crocker has had the job for a few months and already confirmed that he’s just a puppet.  Hopefully he’s getting paid well for it

feedback