Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Reseating Question  (Read 19003 times)

MUMac

• All American
Re: Reseating Question
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 10:30:54 AM »
I think it's the other way around.  Your "Customer #" is your account number, and your "PIN" is your password for the MY Marquette Account.

Correct, my mistake.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 10:52:02 PM »
1. I don't think there will be any adjacent seats in the lower bowl. It looks like last time, you could be in the last few rows on the end with 21 points.

I have 31 points, ranked 2131, choose June 6 at 4:15, looking hopefully at the first few rows in the corner sections upstairs.

Corners are good seats... you're ranked about what I was last go around and I ended up with 2nd row seats in the corners last year.  There were several pairs of end zone seats available, but I figured that for half the price, the 2nd row corner seats were a much better value than what was left in the lower bowl (the "middle-of-row-z" in the end zone variety).
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2011, 07:48:08 AM »
Selected Thursday and Friday night (mine and proxy for a friend).  Pretty much the same seats as two years ago, despite more giving.  Curious as to how it went for others.

I went to the AL on Thursday, since I had a business appointment nearby and sort of like the ritual.  An older woman came out as I went in proclaiming loudly "so much for 52 years of loyalty." 
Ludum habemus.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2011, 09:36:28 AM »
We're fairly new season ticket holders.  While our appointment is still an hour away, my sense is that we'll be getting better seats than the original university projections would have suggested.  Be interesting to know if there are some dropouts this year owing to the economy.  I suppose those of you who have had tickets for several years have a better feel for the situation.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2011, 11:00:50 AM »
I'd bet on very few season ticket holder dropouts.  Just had a S16 season.   If you could measure it, Buzz is more liked today than a year ago.  

What I would bet on is .. that there are a few ticket holders who decide to move over a section to decrease their cost.   The 6 prime sections aren't just populated by heavy donors, they are populated by folks who've had tickets for 20-50 years, giving them tons of non-donation points.

If I'm not mistaken, the 6 prime sections' donation went from $300 to $500 this year.   That might be some serious cabbage to a 60 year old who has had tickets for 40 years .. so they shift over to the baseline section (still awesome), and presto, they just saved $400.

My appointment is in 30 minutes .. I calculate my donations to jump ahead of about 125-150 accounts each reseating, depending on the point distributions on the last day of donations .. a half hour out from picking, I'd say it looks like I'm just treading water, about the same type of seats I had two years ago, somewhat immeasurably better I suppose.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 11:28:50 AM »
Hilltopper, I picked Thursday at 4:00, and was shocked that the selection was so limited.  I jumped across to be behind the team this year as there were more choices there.  I really don't feel good about my seats, and the size of the donation required to maintain my seats is getting greater each reseating.  I know that the administration took more section 200 seats this time, and that causes 'spillover' into surrounding sections by the approx. 300 choosing ahead of me, but... crap. 

I think the law of diminishing returns will cause a reverse effect on the size of donations once you get to that part of the curve where the return per dollar donated is minimized.  I say I am done every year, but when chips are down, I still fire up.  I wonder if others feel as I do.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2011, 11:35:45 AM »
No complaints at all.  Quite pleased with the Section 400 tickets we selected.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2011, 12:49:47 PM »
My reseating time isn't until Tuesday night. I'm hoping some of the A&B rows in the near corners, like 403, 419, 425, and 441 are available. Spending $900 for two seats is still a bit rich for my blood, and from experience, the front corners are pretty nice, especially in 441 right next to the student section.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 12:52:11 PM by brewcity77 »
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2011, 01:08:49 PM »
I picked Thursday at 4:00, and was shocked that the selection was so limited. 

That's what promted my original post.  It seemed a large number of seats were already "pre-selected" prior to June 1st.  I don't recall that many seats being spoken for before reseating began in the past.

I also picked on Thursday afternoon.  The highlight for me was having an appointment time right after David "One Call, That's All" Gruber.  That was kind of strange to see him there.  Luckily I did get the seats that I was hoping for.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2011, 01:36:23 PM »
Just picked for my brother in law.  Two seats available in the same section as last year (210), and actually moved down a few rows
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 02:05:29 PM »
  I know that the administration took more section 200 seats this time, and that causes 'spillover' into surrounding sections by the approx. 300 choosing ahead of me, but... crap. 

How do you know this?   Did I miss a memo, or is this scuttlebutt?

I think the law of diminishing returns will cause a reverse effect on the size of donations once you get to that part of the curve where the return per dollar donated is minimized.  I say I am done every year, but when chips are down, I still fire up.  I wonder if others feel as I do.

Indeed .. these past couple reseatings, I've given a substantial sum (to me) to help move me out of the deep corner, into a side section.  Each time, I've been disappointed as to what I've given and what I've been able to get, so I hear you .. is there a point, or am I just a hamster on a wheel, the carrot never getting closer.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 02:06:50 PM »
I think there might be many people who do not come back this season. I can't put a number on it.

The seat donation went up $375 to $500, $225 to $300 & $75 to $100 per seat. The area behind the basket in Section 206, 207 & 208 is the same. The upper deck center court seats went from $75 to $100.

On the flip side, I'm stunned in the amount of people that don't show up for the non-league games paying these prices. Many people have money to burn.

Thoughts?
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 03:20:45 PM »
I think there might be many people who do not come back this season. I can't put a number on it.

Why do you think that?   Coming off a great Dance, attendance was solid last year, program appears to be on a stable or upward trajectory.   I think the season ticket holder counts have increased every year for quite some time.  Why a decrease next year?

On the flip side, I'm stunned in the amount of people that don't show up for the non-league games paying these prices. Many people have money to burn.

I'd say it used to be worse.  10 years ago, I'd say the lower bowl could be 60% full for a cupcake.  Now it's 80+ or better.  Still could be a few thousand empties, but now tons of families bring their kids for those fluff games.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2011, 03:23:11 PM »
we moved upstairs this year, bought 4 of the $125 tickets in the corner.  Saved us $500 and got 2 tickets for the kids.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2011, 03:50:46 PM »
For us, 400 level seats was an easy call.  I'd much rather be in the first few rows above center court than off in the corner of the lower bowl.  I think Dr. Blackheart had it right.  (Plus, we're in a prime 'Kiss Cam spot   :-* :-*!!)

warriormom

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2011, 11:54:25 AM »
We picked our tickets at the AL on Thursday because we had some accessability issues for my dad. 
Brent the ticket manager was very helpful and told us that the preselected seats were not increased over last year.  They try to minimize them as much as possible.
Faculty and staff who had season tickets prior to the Bradley Center are able to renew their same seats ahead of time.
As these people get older some seats should open up.
He also said there are alot of older season ticket holders who didn't take advantage of the one time ability to transfer tickets to another person. 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2011, 01:06:41 PM »

Faculty and staff who had season tickets prior to the Bradley Center are able to renew their same seats ahead of time.

That is not true.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

muguru

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2011, 01:12:20 PM »
Just curious......no reseating today is there??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2011, 01:43:49 PM »
That is not true.

It sure is, at least for faculty of a certain tenure.

Ludum habemus.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2011, 05:31:29 PM »
Just curious......no reseating today is there??

I resat today.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2011, 05:33:34 PM »
I resat today.

Yes, I noticed later on that seats were being filled in. My apologies. It looked like earlier this morning when i looked, that nothing was being selected.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2011, 11:13:58 PM »
Actually was told by couple of people (BG fund and tckt mgr) that new prez has a much larger entourage for games than previous- section 200.  Also my nephew is a dean, and all deans get 2 seats in 200, if they wish.  He passes and sits in second tier.  gets to watch game w/o 'shop talk'.
Bill Cords grandfathered staff and admin sth's to same seats each year, but cannot change them, or go to spot determined by priority points.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2011, 08:51:00 AM »
It sure is, at least for faculty of a certain tenure.

What faculty? I work for Marquette, I don't get to pick my seats ahead of time. I know another faculty member who is high up in the MU work force and he didn't get to pick his seats ahead of time.
-Bill Walton

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2011, 09:02:29 AM »
What faculty? I work for Marquette, I don't get to pick my seats ahead of time. I know another faculty member who is high up in the MU work force and he didn't get to pick his seats ahead of time.

I do not recall the specifics, but there is a couple near us who are "grandfathered" in for those seats.  She is an employee of the University.  Their tickets are blocked off prior to the selections, I know that.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2011, 09:04:30 AM »

Did you have season tickets at the Mecca?