Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Reseating Question  (Read 19004 times)

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
Reseating Question
« on: May 31, 2011, 12:17:31 PM »
When did the reseating process for 2011 and 2012 begin?  I thought it was going to be June 1st, but looking at the reseating site there are a number of seats in the 200 level already marked as "selected".

MUMac

• All American
Re: Reseating Question
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 12:19:12 PM »
When did the reseating process for 2011 and 2012 begin?  I thought it was going to be June 1st, but looking at the reseating site there are a number of seats in the 200 level already marked as "selected".

Those are either grandfathered in, University Staff or for the Athletic Dept.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 12:22:11 PM »
Those are either grandfathered in, University Staff or for the Athletic Dept.

Wow.  That's a lot of good seats already spoken for.  So much for improving my seats this time around  >:(

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 12:54:28 PM »
Wow.  That's a lot of good seats already spoken for.  So much for improving my seats this time around  >:(

There are two ways to improve your seats: win the lotto; or, wait for people to die.

Cura Personalis.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 12:55:47 PM »
The first three rows are the preferred seating. I think it is a minimum of $3,500 donation per seat.

I rank 240 and my seating time is 7:46 June 1st. 239 x 4 =956 seats gone before I select. With preferred seating and other seats held out the number is probably closer to 1200 seats gone.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 12:56:39 PM »
There are two ways to improve your seats: win the lotto; or, wait for people to die.

Cura Personalis.
Go ahead and wait, my wife is younger than me.

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 01:32:41 PM »
To be fair, not everyone ahead of you selects the maximum number (4) of seats.  I would guess your multiplier should be closer to 3.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 02:23:15 PM »
To be fair, not everyone ahead of you selects the maximum number (4) of seats.  I would guess your multiplier should be closer to 3.
Some select more than 4 seats. I have 303 points, which pales in comparison to the top 50. Anyone who has more than 609 points can divide their points in half and select 8 seats and they would pick all 8 seats ahead of me. By the way I only take two seats, which in the past has allowed me to get better seats than my expected point level, because I am able to find two seats in a good section that people who want 4 together have to pass on. Last reseating I was ranked 253 and got 2 seats, I would be happy to get back. I now am ranked 240 and could end up with worse seats.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 02:29:07 PM by bilsu »

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 03:27:05 PM »
Some select more than 4 seats. I have 303 points, which pales in comparison to the top 50. Anyone who has more than 609 points can divide their points in half and select 8 seats and they would pick all 8 seats ahead of me. By the way I only take two seats, which in the past has allowed me to get better seats than my expected point level, because I am able to find two seats in a good section that people who want 4 together have to pass on. Last reseating I was ranked 253 and got 2 seats, I would be happy to get back. I now am ranked 240 and could end up with worse seats.

You are picking on the first day.  You'll be fine. 
Ludum habemus.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 03:49:28 PM »
Hey... can we start a prediction contest for re-seating -- the downtime is starting to get mind-numbingly boring?

Possible questions:

1) How many adjacent seats (i.e. 2+ in same row/section) will remain in the lower bowl at the conclusion of re-seating?
2) How many single seats will remain?
3) Will any adjacent seats in the $500 donation level remain at 9:00am on June 2?
4) On which day will all $125 price-level seats (end zone uppers) in Row A be taken?
5) How many upper level $100 donation seats will be taken on June 1?
6) Bonus - In what section & row will R.A. Smith be seated this year?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 05:17:36 PM »
1. I don't think there will be any adjacent seats in the lower bowl. It looks like last time, you could be in the last few rows on the end with 21 points.

I have 31 points, ranked 2131, choose June 6 at 4:15, looking hopefully at the first few rows in the corner sections upstairs.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 08:58:28 PM »
1. I don't think there will be any adjacent seats in the lower bowl. It looks like last time, you could be in the last few rows on the end with 21 points.

I have 31 points, ranked 2131, choose June 6 at 4:15, looking hopefully at the first few rows in the corner sections upstairs.

Here is a little hint...dead center or courtside in the uppers is a great seat.  Big screen is eye level and you can see the whole play unfold in front of you.  Many big point holders wind up here, truth be told.  More so, for 2/3rds of the season, you can sit wherever you want, lower bowl included.  How many floor level ticket holders do you see with the arched neck looking up on replays?  More so, the donation is low, or non-existent.  It is a very good value. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 09:18:23 PM »
We pick Saturday morning.  Upper deck; 400 or 401 if possible.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 09:36:42 PM »
How do you find out your time? I'm working a crapload this week and it would help a lot if I knew when they'd be calling.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 09:46:28 PM »
How do you find out your time? I'm working a crapload this week and it would help a lot if I knew when they'd be calling.

Email and Snailmail over a couple of weeks ago at least.  Did you put your $100 deposit down?  If not, your place is lost and you go with new ticket holders in July I think.  If you missed on the reup, call the ticket office first thing tomorrow and make your case.  

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 09:58:29 PM »
Email and Snailmail over a couple of weeks ago at least.  Did you put your $100 deposit down?  If not, your place is lost and you go with new ticket holders in July I think.  If you missed on the reup, call the ticket office first thing tomorrow and make your case.  

Hmm...I'll have to call them. I never received any notice, and I did make my B&G donation.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 10:12:34 PM »
For reference, especially for first timers:

http://www.gomarquette.com/tickets/reseating.html

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 10:22:23 PM »
Just re-read through all of that, I never received my mid-May appointment letter, which is why I didn't get them my $100 deposit. I just left a message at the ticketing office, hopefully they'll be able to get me sorted, I'm guessing I wouldn't pick until the last 2-3 days anyway.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 10:23:06 PM »

Just to note...have until midnight tonight to reserve your spot after I reviewed the time line.  $100 credit card deposit does it.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011, 10:28:45 PM »
RA Smith will have the same seats. He is in preferred seating and does not have to go through reseating process as he is guaranteed his same seats as long as he coughs up the per seat donation.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 10:37:16 PM »
If you go to http://marquettereseating.com and log in with your account number/password, it will tell you your appointment time.

I think the acc# is the same one you use for Ticketmaster/MyMarquette Account.

Have to disagree with the upper bowlers.  If somehow all the lowers were gone by my appointment due to .. people donating more or whatever .. I would pass completely.  Many years ago, I spent a season as a vagabond in the upper deck.  It always felt like a library up there, detached from the game.  Might as well just stay home.

To each his own.  Good to have you upper-deckers there to make it look filled in, so thanks.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011, 10:39:11 PM »
Just got my deposit in, still have no idea when my reseating time is, and don't know what my account number and PIN is. Hopefully they can tell me when I have time to get them on the phone. Cheers for the help :)

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 07:28:38 AM »
Just got my deposit in, still have no idea when my reseating time is, and don't know what my account number and PIN is. Hopefully they can tell me when I have time to get them on the phone. Cheers for the help :)

Your pin number is your account number.  If you do not recall it, check the invoice receipt that was emailed to you after you paid the deposit.  The password is the same as the My Marquette Account password.

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 08:57:59 AM »

I understand, I still stand by my statement of guessing the multiplier is closer to 3.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 10:06:51 AM »
Your pin number is your account number.  If you do not recall it, check the invoice receipt that was emailed to you after you paid the deposit.  The password is the same as the My Marquette Account password.

I think it's the other way around.  Your "Customer #" is your account number, and your "PIN" is your password for the MY Marquette Account.