[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] Details released on Blue assault case  (Read 24345 times)

immaeagle

• Walk-On
Re: [Rosiak's Blog] Details released on Blue assault case
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 12:54:09 PM »
Not to put some blame on DJO, but he needs to pull Blue away and walk away from the others.

Agree completely.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 01:01:09 PM »
Really?  Police issue citations by simply receiving a complaint?  So they did no investigation?  Didn't call anyone?  

Look, they obviously talked to both Blue and the victim at least...and maybe some witnesses as well.  Given what everyone told them, they obviously felt Blue was to blame since they didn't issue the other guy a ticket.

Used to be called a fight, which sometimes had a winner and a loser. Evidently nowadays a one punch KO is an assault with the loser now termed a "victim".

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 01:06:35 PM »
About five or six weeks ago I was walking outside of my apartment that is just a bit off of campus. I hear "excuse me" come from a SUV that pulled up alongside the curb. The car is a bit away from me, but I instinctively stop and look, assuming someone is looking for directions. The "excuse me" came from Vander Blue, who was in the back seat of the SUV. The "excuse me" wasn't for me, it was for two girls that passed by me going the opposite direction. When neither of them stopped to respond, the car sped away.

According to the victim's account (and reading between the lines), it sounds like Vander's assault charge stemmed from Vander hitting on some girls the victim was with and him not taking it lightly.

There are two outstanding sexual assault charges, both of which have been rumored to involve basketball players.

hmmm...I never said anything to a good looking fillie walking down the sidewalk either.  give me a break. 

Let me guess, you're a "I can't go to a sunday game b/c I have to study" guy. ::)

LON

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 01:11:23 PM »
About five or six weeks ago I was walking outside of my apartment that is just a bit off of campus. I hear "excuse me" come from a SUV that pulled up alongside the curb. The car is a bit away from me, but I instinctively stop and look, assuming someone is looking for directions. The "excuse me" came from Vander Blue, who was in the back seat of the SUV. The "excuse me" wasn't for me, it was for two girls that passed by me going the opposite direction. When neither of them stopped to respond, the car sped away.

According to the victim's account (and reading between the lines), it sounds like Vander's assault charge stemmed from Vander hitting on some girls the victim was with and him not taking it lightly.

There are two outstanding sexual assault charges, both of which have been rumored to involve basketball players.

LOCK THEM UP!!!!
Used to be called a fight, which sometimes had a winner and a loser. Evidently nowadays a one punch KO is an assault with the loser now termed a "victim".

No kidding.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 01:13:37 PM »

Behavior like that gets some people elected to the US Senate in Massachusetts for 40+ years.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2011, 01:18:51 PM »
Not to put some blame on DJO, but he needs to pull Blue away and walk away from the others.
I agree as well.  As an upperclassman I would expect DJO to drag Blue out of a situation like this that will ultimately hurt the team.  As next years team captain and leader he better be ready to exercise more authority.

immaeagle

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 01:23:53 PM »

hmmm...I never said anything to a good looking fillie walking down the sidewalk either.  give me a break. 

Let me guess, you're a "I can't go to a sunday game b/c I have to study" guy. ::)

1) Please stay far away from guessing anything about me.

2) I was not passing judgement on what Vander did on the street (other than maybe questioning the approach -- "excuse me" out of a moving car has what? a 1% chance of success?). I'm just noting that there seems to be a pattern of him noticeably approaching women at inopportune times. All the while, there are 2 outstanding sexual assault charges on an unnamed player. You do the math.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2011, 01:24:44 PM »
If the fight had happened AFTER the season Vander would have been mocked for a lot more than his name.

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2011, 01:29:51 PM »
Pause. Never did I say rapist. I am comfortable saying that documented instances of a guy unwantedly hitting on a girl make him more capable of being the accused in a sexual assault case.

What does this municipal citation have to do with the 2 pending sexual assault cases? Oh...thats right...NOTHING

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2011, 01:35:52 PM »
Regardless what comes of this or the other incidents, I am uncomfortable with how often VB's name seems to be associated with these types of incidents. Even if he's in the right, he shouldn't be in the situation in the first place. I hope he learns and matures from these situations. As one of Marquette's most public figures, he represents ALL of us, and I can't say I appreciate it. I hope someone has explained to him that when he is in a situation like this, his actions reflect on all of Marquette. He's not just an average student, and should be responsible for carrying himself in a more responsible manner.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2011, 01:36:25 PM »
2) I was not passing judgement on what Vander did on the street (other than maybe questioning the approach -- "excuse me" out of a moving car has what? a 1% chance of success?). I'm just noting that there seems to be a pattern of him noticeably approaching women at inopportune times. All the while, there are 2 outstanding sexual assault charges on an unnamed player. You do the math.

Again, this is quite a leap.  And frankly it is a false one.  This shows the dangers of you jumping to conclusions based on ridiculous evidence.

LON

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2011, 01:38:57 PM »

What's the point of this post?  Is it to make people realize it's dumb of us to guess about you and just come right to the conclusion that you're a judgmental douche?

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2011, 01:42:23 PM »

On the other thread on assault, you had speculative postings, and we walked through the issue of libel. It is best to only speak from personal knowledge.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=26754.msg300765#msg300765

Here, you have circled back to your tendency to speculate. Please avoid/supress the gossip in your nature.

Take your own advice/request in the above quote---and stay far away from guessing anything, about anyone---golden rule stuff, bud.

You are doing the math without full knowedge of the components of the equation.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 01:46:47 PM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2011, 01:46:07 PM »

It's assumed Vander was hitting on those girls at Qdoba and it's assumed that he was going to try hitting on girls from the back of an SUV, assuming that story is even factual (I have my doubts). If you do that math, you'd find that your speculation is based completely on 3 assumptions. I understand the dots you're trying to connect but, in my opinion, it's out line. Basically, you're just rumor-starting. It's one thing for posters to do that in terms of recruits coming to MU. It's another to do that with something as serious as a potential sexual assault charge.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2011, 01:47:59 PM »
Regardless what comes of this or the other incidents, I am uncomfortable with how often VB's name seems to be associated with these types of incidents. Even if he's in the right, he shouldn't be in the situation in the first place. I hope he learns and matures from these situations. As one of Marquette's most public figures, he represents ALL of us, and I can't say I appreciate it. I hope someone has explained to him that when he is in a situation like this, his actions reflect on all of Marquette. He's not just an average student, and should be responsible for carrying himself in a more responsible manner.
I agree. Well said!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

immaeagle

• Walk-On
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2011, 01:53:52 PM »
You are doing the math without full knowedge of the components of the equation.

The fact that this basketball team is being represented by players who are getting accused of sexual assualt and punching students is a huge problem, and I am making due with what information I have (which is essentialy none, becuase it is the end of the world if anyone talk about this). I'm not just going to sit down and talk about the next recruiting class with this black cloud hanging over the program. This is embarassing, plain and simple.

Considering that I do not have personal knowledge of the alleged assault, and I should only speak from personal knowledge, should we just ignore this? Everybody? Forget that "vander blue punch" and "Marquette basketball sexual assault" are actual working google searches, let's talk about how many minutes Davante Gardner will get next year.

One person comes on here with a contrarian viewpoint and points the finger of blame at this players and he immediately becomes a speculative, judgemental douche. Sorry I forgot to drink the Kool-aid.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2011, 02:01:36 PM »
The fact that this basketball team is being represented by players who are getting accused of sexual assualt and punching students is a huge problem, and I am making due with what information I have (which is essentialy none, becuase it is the end of the world if anyone talk about this). I'm not just going to sit down and talk about the next recruiting class with this black cloud hanging over the program. This is embarassing, plain and simple.

Considering that I do not have personal knowledge of the alleged assault, and I should only speak from personal knowledge, should we just ignore this? Everybody? Forget that "vander blue punch" and "Marquette basketball sexual assault" are actual working google searches, let's talk about how many minutes Davante Gardner will get next year.

One person comes on here with a contrarian viewpoint and points the finger of blame at this players and he immediately becomes a speculative, judgemental douche. Sorry I forgot to drink the Kool-aid.

No one is saying this is a good thing or acceptable - you are correct that it is embarassing and should be corrected. 

However, you do realize you are compounding the problem by making accusations based upon assumptions right?  I am all for discussing the issues as the facts are known, but I am not comfortable with speculation about this type of topic.

LON

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2011, 02:02:07 PM »

Chico's plays the victim card here, not someone that registered less than a week ago and only wants to deal in speculation and rumor-mongering.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2011, 02:03:07 PM »
Eagle, in the words of Princess Bride....I don't think you are using that word right (contrarian).

A contrarian is someone who's bringing an opposing viewpoint to the forefront. A contrarian is NOT someone who projects onto a kid that he's guilty of rape or sexual assault simply because he seemed to hit on two women that you happened to see. That's not contrarian. That's deuschbaggery.

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2011, 02:04:41 PM »

no no...more like one person comes on here acting like a douche without any knowledge of anything that is going on - only pure speculation

LCDutchman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2011, 02:05:55 PM »
Ground control to ding dong doufus posters:  if they believed he assaulted the guy he would have been charged in criminal court and not a municpal citation.
In heaven Marquette always beats Wisconsin

immaeagle

• Walk-On
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2011, 02:08:30 PM »
Chico's plays the victim card here, not someone that registered less than a week ago and only wants to deal in speculation and rumor-mongering.

Gotcha -- the "you have less internet message board posts than me" card. I bow down to you and your 700+ posts. You sir, are a super fan. Probably smarter than me too.

leever

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2011, 02:08:46 PM »

How about this -

We actually wait for the FACTS to come out in the sexual assault cases and THEN we can have a discussion.  IF the FACTS show that  basketball players are guilty of some crime, I seriously doubt that anyone will post anything defending them.  An actual crime is not a "boys will be boys" situation.  Until we actually know the facts, don't you think Vander should be given the benefit of the doubt?  There is still such a thing as due process, isn't there?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2011, 02:09:45 PM »
I'm not just going to sit down and talk about the next recruiting class with this black cloud hanging over the program. This is embarassing, plain and simple.

What a courageous stand you've taken (by anonymously, on the Internet, tossing about accusations while admitting you have no knowledge of the events).

LON

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2011, 02:13:18 PM »
Gotcha -- the "you have less internet message board posts than me" card. I bow down to you and your 700+ posts. You sir, are a super fan. Probably smarter than me too.

A.  I most likely am smarter than you.  Probably a better fan as well.

B.  It's irrelevant.

C.  See below:
What a courageous stand you've taken (by anonymously, on the Internet, tossing about accusations while admitting you have no knowledge of the events).

feedback