Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wyoming's Top 2 Players Transferring  (Read 5042 times)

TedBaxter

• All American
Wyoming's Top 2 Players Transferring
« on: April 09, 2011, 04:46:22 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6310836

Both Jackson and M'baye are good players with M'baye one that MU coaches may want to look into based on his potential going forward.  

Haven't seen anything on this yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Desmar Jackson follow the Wyoming assistant who landed an assistant position at Southern Illinois.

http://www.wyomingathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/mbaye_amath00.html
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 04:53:29 PM by TedBaxter »
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
Re: Wyoming's Top 2 Players Transferring
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 06:58:25 PM »
Sorry for being such a doofus, but I don't know how to start a new topic, hence this high jack.
Masters Golf Tournament question:  How far in advance do the players know the pin placements for each round?  Before the tournament begins? On the day of the particular round?

Thanks for your help.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 07:10:08 PM »
Sorry for being such a doofus, but I don't know how to start a new topic, hence this high jack.
Masters Golf Tournament question:  How far in advance do the players know the pin placements for each round?  Before the tournament begins? On the day of the particular round?

Thanks for your help.

Is that serious? Superbar? And the big "New Topic" header near the top should handle the new topic for you.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 07:23:37 PM »
Yes, this is a serious request, and, no, I didn't know how to start a new topic, as my page doesn't show a "Start a New Topic" choice.  Second doofus question:  Am I in the "Hangin' at the Al" part of the MUScoop world?"

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 07:35:45 PM »
How do you have 114 posts and not know how to start a new thread or use a different forum?

Or for that matter, why would you come to this site with that random-ass question?

Try this website: www.google.com
We Are Marquette

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 07:40:40 PM »
Yes, this is a serious request, and, no, I didn't know how to start a new topic, as my page doesn't show a "Start a New Topic" choice.  Second doofus question:  Am I in the "Hangin' at the Al" part of the MUScoop world?"

Grandpa???  Is that you???

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 07:54:41 PM »
Yep, it is I.  Still got my driver's license, too........I think.  Just a minute, let me check.  As to the whippersnapper who commented on my many post, well youngster I never had the need to start a new topic.  I always "replied" in the past.  Now, back to my two questions (and don't confuse me with Barney Google references):  Am I in "Hanging at the Al," and what about pre-round knowledge of pin placements at the Masters?  Thanking you in advance, I remain

Sincerely Yours,
Liberace

nyg

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 08:00:22 PM »
Yep, it is I.  Still got my driver's license, too........I think.  Just a minute, let me check.  As to the whippersnapper who commented on my many post, well youngster I never had the need to start a new topic.  I always "replied" in the past.  Now, back to my two questions (and don't confuse me with Barney Google references):  Am I in "Hanging at the Al," and what about pre-round knowledge of pin placements at the Masters?  Thanking you in advance, I remain

Sincerely Yours,
Liberace

I'll answer the pin question so this doesn't continue:

Yes the players know the exact pin placement each day.  On Monday before the tournament, the player along with the caddy are provided with what they call a "pin sheet".  It displays the exact location of the pin on each green for each round.  During the practice rounds, the players can then refer to the pin sheet and determine what shots to hit ot putt around the greens.  This is not a procedure just for the Masters, but for each PGA tour stop. 

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 08:00:47 PM »

Sincerely Yours,
Liberace

Yes, you are in Hangin at the Al.  

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 08:15:45 PM »
Muchas gracias, senores.  My mother thanks you, my brother George thanks you, and i thank you both.

Sincerely yours,
LL

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 11:25:50 PM »
I have a new favorite thread.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 11:41:21 PM »
just wow, this has been an awsome 2 min of my life reading this.  awsome

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 01:44:05 AM »
I was thinking about splitting this topic into two, but then I don't know how wildbillsb would ever find it again.

Speaking of which, wildbillsb, did you hear that Wyoming's Top 2 Players are Transferring?

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 10:26:57 AM »
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 09:10:14 PM »
Thanks, i really was interested in the original post before the golf hijack, and that article was great.  i had posted M'Baye as No. 10 on my wish list on Cracked Sidewalks this afternoon, but after reading this link I believe he should be higher than that!
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 09:26:10 PM »
slow down!

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 09:28:03 PM »
How do we know if MU is even in consdieration with these two?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 09:44:38 PM »
slow down!

Says the dude with multiple speeding tickets.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

WildBill77RT

• Scholarship Player
  • I know where the Superbar is
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2011, 10:24:05 AM »
This thread brings great shame to screen names that start with wild and bill.  :'(
\\\oo///

Tulsa Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2011, 10:34:48 AM »
M'baye attended Stonebridge Academy in California and Coach Benford has some good connections there.  M'baye is also from Senegal.  The Barro and Yous Mbao connection could have an impact.  Barro loved Marquette.  MBao experience may or may not help.  He went to Stonebridge, signed with Quette but transfered to Marshall.  I just don't think Yous was a Big East level player.  No knock.

TheFarEastMovement

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2011, 10:41:40 AM »
I believe M'Baye is from Bordeaux, France. However, he may be of Senegalese decent.

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2011, 11:01:21 AM »
Desmar Jackson is a great great player with a lot of potential. I was truly impressed the handful of times I saw him play this season.
Amath M'Baye plays much bigger than 6' 9" however I only saw that in games against smallish opponents like TCU.

It will be interesting to see where they end up, I think M'Baye isn't the type of player we need at this point but Jackson could be an interesting option if he has any interest or ties to MU / we to him.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2011, 11:06:28 AM »
I think that Buzz has got the perimeter covered.  It's bigs that we need.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2011, 11:13:17 AM »
I think that Buzz has got the perimeter covered.  It's bigs that we need.

he isn't big enough to battle in the paint in the bigeast and I'm not sure his game is tailored to play a wing like wilson or jones, most likely neither player would fit into our current needs list.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2011, 11:17:15 AM »
he isn't big enough to battle in the paint in the bigeast and I'm not sure his game is tailored to play a wing like wilson or jones, most likely neither player would fit into our current needs list.

Oh well, next rumor.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

feedback