collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: No Rest for MU PR Department  (Read 9335 times)

madtownwarrior

• All American
No Rest for MU PR Department
« on: March 30, 2011, 07:45:26 PM »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: No Rest for MU PR Department
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 08:54:17 PM »
tough time to be in PR at MU...

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/118949269.html

Yeah, the NY Times ran this the other day.  Dr. McAdams had a write up on his blog about it as well.

http://mu-warrior.blogspot.com/2011/03/fr-robert-wild-dealt-with-sex-abuse.html

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 09:36:40 PM »
i'm sorry, but this is brutal and disgusting.  when they handed my wife and i that bobble head-we both put them right in to the garbage and that was before we knew of this >:(

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 08:38:34 AM »
looks like we've got a real "hot potatoe" here.   hmmmmmm
if any of you get the chance, look up the book "goodbye good men" a very intriguing, eye openning expose on the big cover-ups beginning with the seminaries and how they not only allowed some very promiscuous wanton behavior, but also when that behavior extended out to the churches, the father shuffle began.  there are many references to arch bishop weakland and some milwaukee area seminaries.  it came out at a time when people tried to conclude that the reason the catholic church was suffering shortages of priests was because of the celibacy rule.  well, that may have played a small part, but this book reveals that there were many good men who felt a genuine calling to live the life of our Lord and were denied beacause they wouldn't get with "the program".  if they wouldn't get with "the program", they would send them out for "psychological therapy".  the would be priests could not transfer to other seminaries because they would not get a good report and were denied transfer, unless they accepted "the program".  i gave the book to my mom who is as devout of a christian as there is, (her dad, my grandpa-his heros were the catholic priests)  my mom could not finish the book she was so disappointed.
   i know people will use this to bash religion and our faith.  the problem is we look to certain people for interpretations of our faith/ to verify our faith.  it's people who are fallible, not our faith.  but the people we put our faith in need to be honest and come clean themselves or they lose their credibility

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 09:39:05 AM »
"hot potatoe"

Dan Quayle sighting?

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 09:50:56 AM »
Dan Quayle sighting?
depends on what part of the country you're from, i guess.  think warshington and warsher.  oh and dano was a good guy

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 12:42:31 PM »
Dan Quayle sighting?

Probably saw him in one of the 7 new states to the union that Barack Obama found.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 07:00:01 AM »

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 12:08:38 PM »
this is very revealing      :o
http://cricketsound.net/?gclid=CKjcouyh-6cCFZFoKgodeh-fsg

What's revealing?  That the JSOnline took down their story?  Or that nobody here wants to chat about the super-exciting world of internal church bureaucracy?

If you don't want your kid to get molested then don't leave them alone with creepy old men that took a "vow of celibacy."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 12:21:51 PM »
Yeah, the whole priest-abused-kid-and-heirarchy-covered-it-up is pretty much played out as a discussion topic.  Not much to be said that hasn't been said already.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 12:30:52 PM »
You guys don't find it objectionable that Fr. Wild was involved in this sordid story?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 12:38:53 PM »
I find it objectionable that anyone that would try to sweep this stuff under the rug.  However, the problem was chronic throughout the Church and I believe hopefully they learned from it and would act different in the future.  That doesn't take away from the fact that Wild has been a very good President while at MU.

But I have said everything above dozens of times...

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 01:56:40 PM »
oh, i get it, cover up the rape of young children and because everything that has to be said about it, has been said and then be a do gooder for 32 years and it just all goes away-all better.  so just shut-up already.  doesn't matter that he's one of our own who has been looked up to all these years, he's been more than squeeky clean and smiles a lot now.  you slip in the name of anyone else in an authority position here and this board would be on fire.  oh that's right, dead subject, nothing here, just keep the kids away from priests and teachers-solved

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 02:10:16 PM »
I actually never told you to shut up about it.  I said the discussion was played out.  You can ramble on about it all you want to.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 02:20:42 PM »
Yeah, the whole priest-abused-kid-and-heirarchy-covered-it-up is pretty much played out as a discussion topic.  Not much to be said that hasn't been said already.

i beg to differ.  this case hits a little closer to home and i believe we should be hearing from fr. wild himself about this.  what you are saying sultan, is that all these cases are the same and this one is not.  the reason i am "rambling on" is because i wouldn't mind seeing others doing a little rambling themselves in order to get a feel for what those closer to campus think and so far it's been crickets, which sometimes can be deafening

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 02:23:42 PM »
Don't hold your breath. Father Wild isn't going to say anything about it. 

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 06:27:42 PM »
how similar the timing of bad news coming out about some student-athletes that happened some 5 months ago and the timing of the cover-up by father wild of a priest who went on to rape another young child and he is leaving in 4 months.  i wonder if he would have survived this news if he did not announce his resignation for july.  if that were me, i would resign immediately and reach out to the families affected; help them heal, re-gain some sense of closure and peace with the catholic church.  arch bishop dolan was the man during this pr debacle.  he knew what to say and how to say it.  fr. wild is giving the liberal secularists another fresh target that just so happens to represent MU 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 07:24:49 PM »
how similar the timing of bad news coming out about some student-athletes that happened some 5 months ago and the timing of the cover-up by father wild of a priest who went on to rape another young child and he is leaving in 4 months.  i wonder if he would have survived this news if he did not announce his resignation for july.  if that were me, i would resign immediately and reach out to the families affected; help them heal, re-gain some sense of closure and peace with the catholic church.  arch bishop dolan was the man during this pr debacle.  he knew what to say and how to say it. 

If it was you, you'd probably repeatedly post about it anonymously on a forum on the Internet even though nobody else really cares.

fr. wild is giving the liberal secularists another fresh target that just so happens to represent MU 

Keep this political BS to yourself.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 08:28:02 PM »
i am registered here like everyone else-no anonymity here.  anyone could find out who i am without much difficulty if they wanted to.  i am actually a little more transparent than you skatman-no hidin here

[/quote]
there is nothing political about that statement.  it's a label on a group of people who have certain beliefs contrary i believe, to those of marquette.  get your underwear out of your einis and walk tall young man.  set forth and you'll do great things 8-)

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 07:07:40 AM »
i am registered here like everyone else-no anonymity here.  anyone could find out who i am without much difficulty if they wanted to.  i am actually a little more transparent than you skatman-no hidin here

there is nothing political about that statement.  it's a label on a group of people who have certain beliefs contrary i believe, to those of marquette.  get your underwear out of your einis and walk tall young man.  set forth and you'll do great things 8-)

Explain how that isn't political.  I'd love to hear.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 08:19:23 AM »
It sure seems that some see the word "liberal" and assume it is political.  Liberal secularists is a defined label for a group of people in oppossition to many of the Church's teachings.  It is a political term within the Church, but in the broader context, it is not a political term.

In the context the poster used it, it was the definition of those that are attacking Wild - which if I recall, was the premise of this thread.

People really look long and hard for things and people to attack on this board.   ::)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 08:27:56 AM »
It sure seems that some see the word "liberal" and assume it is political.  Liberal secularists is a defined label for a group of people in oppossition to many of the Church's teachings.  It is a political term within the Church, but in the broader context, it is not a political term.

In the context the poster used it, it was the definition of those that are attacking Wild - which if I recall, was the premise of this thread.

People really look long and hard for things and people to attack on this board.   ::)

So then wyzgy is a Conservative Spiritualist?

I did look into it, Mark.  The only place I've found mention of 'liberal secularist' is on crazy right-wing blogs.  It's far from being a 'defined label' that's widely used.

I'm sure that secularist would suffice without the 'liberal' modifier.  I suppose some people feel the need to attack others that don't share their same beliefs.  Keep fighting the good fight here on the Internet :P

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 08:40:02 AM »

I did look into it, Mark.  The only place I've found mention of 'liberal secularist' is on crazy right-wing blogs.  It's far from being a 'defined label' that's widely used.

I'm sure that secularist would suffice without the 'liberal' modifier.  I suppose some people feel the need to attack others that don't share their same beliefs.  Keep fighting the good fight here on the Internet :P

+1 exactly.  Anytime you try to label someone in that way, it will be political.

Additionally, I doubt there are many "Conservative Secularists" out there.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 08:44:18 AM »

I did look into it, Mark.  The only place I've found mention of 'liberal secularist' is on crazy right-wing blogs.  It's far from being a 'defined label' that's widely used.

I'm sure that secularist would suffice without the 'liberal' modifier.  I suppose some people feel the need to attack others that don't share their same beliefs.  Keep fighting the good fight here on the Internet :P

Actually it is called fundamentalist, not conservative.

But have at it.  Should we ban him for this abhorent use of a phrase that is so despicable to you?   ::)

Your comments have taken this much farther than it EVER would have, that is the irony that is lost on you and hards, I am sure.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 08:52:56 AM »
Actually it is called fundamentalist, not conservative.

But have at it.  Should we ban him for this abhorent use of a phrase that is so despicable to you?   ::)

Your comments have taken this much farther than it EVER would have, that is the irony that is lost on you and hards, I am sure.

So, a Fundamentalist Spiritualist?

I'm pretty sure you two are making up phrases at this point to justify labeling other people.

feedback