Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: How the F does Wisconsin get so lucky in the tourney every year??  (Read 18343 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: How the F does Wisconsin get so lucky in the tourney every year??
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2011, 12:20:39 PM »
Thank you WI_inferiority!  If you aren't from Wisconsin I can't understand why you would hate Bucky.  Makes no sense as they are not the HUGE rival everyone wants to make them out to be.  As if it were Bears/Packers, Michigan/Ohio State or something.  Wisconsin residents need to realize that as well.  Don't feel so inferior.  Just be proud of Marquette and stop having a complex about the bigger school (Bucky).  I can understand emotions being tied more to MU.  But to call a good team lucky is just stupid.  They are very well coached and well disciplined. 

I'm not from Wisconsin and I have no problem hating on Becky.  Arrogant prick fans would be the first reason.  Eight NCAA probations would be another...historically they cheat.  Arrogant, prick fans...did I say that already? 

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2011, 12:23:33 PM »
Those arrogant prick fans say the same thing about MU fans.  And 8 ncaa probations?  What?  They cheat to get 3-star guys that can win? I don't recall what you are talking about.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2011, 12:27:36 PM »
Those arrogant prick fans say the same thing about MU fans.  And 8 ncaa probations?  What?  They cheat to get 3-star guys that can win? I don't recall what you are talking about.

Wisconsin has been put on NCAA probation 7 times as a school (sorry, I said 8).  One of the most in the country.  MU...zero times.

Wisconsin is in the top 3 ALL TIME getting their Johnson caught cheating.

whodem

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2011, 12:30:15 PM »
Wisconsin has been put on NCAA probation 7 times as a school (sorry, I said 8).  One of the most in the country.  MU...zero times.

That's interesting. Do you have any clue in what sports those were committed?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2011, 12:33:16 PM »
That's interesting. Do you have any clue in what sports those were committed?

Multiple sports

Football
Basketball
Men's Soccer
Women's Soccer
Hockey
Track
ETc

Some of their major infractions covered multiple sports.  For example, the Shoe Box scandal touched over 150 athletes from 14 different sports to name just one of their major infractions.

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2011, 12:37:16 PM »
Multiple sports

Football
Basketball
Men's Soccer
Women's Soccer
Hockey
Track
ETc

Some of their major infractions covered multiple sports.  For example, the Shoe Box scandal touched over 150 athletes from 14 different sports to name just one of their major infractions.

I don't consider these as major as you make them out to be.  They haven't had to suspend their coaches or had anything like what happened at Michigan or Indiana or Tennessee.  Never declared ineligible for post season, etc.  And we are talking basketball here so nothing major there.  The day Bo Ryan is guilty of illegal recruiting or texts is the day I die.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2011, 12:38:44 PM »
I do not see it as getting lucky. Wisconsin would of beaten Pitt. Pitt was not playing well. Pitt lost their first game in Big East tournament and was not great in their opening round game. Butler, if they are hitting threes, will be a tougher matchup for UW than Pitt. Wisconsin's size would of nullified Pitt's inside game and Pitt is not a great three point shooting team.

Pitt lost their first conference tourney game on a last second shot to a red hot UCONN team. UW lost theirs 36-33 to Penn St. in one of the worst played college basketball games I've ever seen. Butler made 13 threes last night - if they shoot at anywhere near their average % Pitt (a much better team) wins handily. UW gets a HUGE break playing Butler.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2011, 01:27:27 PM »
I don't consider these as major as you make them out to be.  They haven't had to suspend their coaches or had anything like what happened at Michigan or Indiana or Tennessee.  Never declared ineligible for post season, etc.  And we are talking basketball here so nothing major there.  The day Bo Ryan is guilty of illegal recruiting or texts is the day I die.

The NCAA decides if they are major.  The very category they were nabbed in is called NCAA MAJOR INFRACTIONS

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2011, 01:30:36 PM »

How does this have anything to do with the basketball team under Bo Ryan? I'll answer that one for you, nothing.

Our football team took some free shoes ten years ago, but nobody cares.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2011, 01:58:29 PM »
dude, shut the f.uck up!

You guys have won SEVEN tournament games in the past 10 years to WISCONSIN'S EIGHTEEN wins.  I'm sure you'll have a response for this too, dumbass. Good job this year with your 14 loses!

This is what I'm talkin bout Chicos.   Comparing everything to MU and not comparing any of the data relative to their seed. 

Hey dumbass (only using your bright liguistics OnWis).  How many games should you have won?  A lot more if your honest with yourself.  Your team has underachieved mightily in the tourny since BoCryin has been coach.  Don't bother responding about MU because we've never played Becky in the tourny.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2011, 02:10:08 PM »
How does this have anything to do with the basketball team under Bo Ryan? I'll answer that one for you, nothing.

Our football team took some free shoes ten years ago, but nobody cares.

The question was why someone outside of Wisconsin would hate Wisconsin.  I gave reasons why....you guys cheat...7 MAJOR Infractions...the shoe box was ONE incident and covered more than your football team.  The other 7 have occurred outside of the Shoe Box.  You guys cheat, that's why I don't like you.

Your fans are pricks and arrogant ones at that.  Your myopic and provincial look at UW-madison apparently started in 1993 as if the previous 100 years didn't exist.  You're like the guys that won the lottery and pretending to rub elbows with the folks that actually earned their fortunes over decades....you do the same thing with the Big Ten where schools have been there and done that for 50+ years and you're the new kid on the block with a decade of success.  New money...meh.

That's why.

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2011, 02:12:59 PM »
The question was why someone outside of Wisconsin would hate Wisconsin.  I gave reasons why....you guys cheat...7 MAJOR Infractions...the shoe box was ONE incident and covered more than your football team.  The other 7 have occurred outside of the Shoe Box.  You guys cheat, that's why I don't like you.

Your fans are pricks and arrogant ones at that.  Your myopic and provincial look at UW-madison apparently started in 1993 as if the previous 100 years didn't exist.  You're like the guys that won the lottery and pretending to rub elbows with the folks that actually earned their fortunes over decades....you do the same thing with the Big Ten where schools have been there and done that for 50+ years and you're the new kid on the block with a decade of success.  New money...meh.

That's why.

Does the Wisconsin Men's Basketball team cheat? No, end of story.

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2011, 02:20:36 PM »
This is what I'm talkin bout Chicos.   Comparing everything to MU and not comparing any of the data relative to their seed. 

Hey dumbass (only using your bright liguistics OnWis).  How many games should you have won?  A lot more if your honest with yourself.  Your team has underachieved mightily in the tourny since BoCryin has been coach.  Don't bother responding about MU because we've never played Becky in the tourny.

The "Big Three" won three tournament games in four years and you want to talk about UW underachieving? get a grip.

Three sweet sixteens and an Elite Eight and only one first round exit. A resume that most programs would love to have over the past ten years, your pathetic Marquette team included. I'm not even gonna go into the Butch injury, we'll leave the excuses to the Gold.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2011, 02:22:58 PM »
Does the Wisconsin Men's Basketball team cheat? No, end of story.

Has the Wisconsin Men's Basketball program been penalized for cheating by the NCAA?  Yes.  End of Story.

Does the CURRENT men's program cheat?  Probably not.  I admire what you guys have done.  Fundamentally sound, solid defense, smart players and consistent as hell.  I hate your style, but admire the results.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2011, 02:31:09 PM »
I was born and raised in Wisconsin and have spent my entire life here. I've come to realize that UW's successes or failures have literally no impact on life at Marquette. And, to think otherwise is purely a waste of time. Cheer their triumphs or losses, if you like, but concentrate on your alma mater. It'll be energy weel spent.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2011, 02:34:38 PM »
Has the Wisconsin Men's Basketball program been penalized for cheating by the NCAA?  Yes.  End of Story.

Does the CURRENT men's program cheat?  Probably not.  I admire what you guys have done.  Fundamentally sound, solid defense, smart players and consistent as hell.  I hate your style, but admire the results.

Brett Roseboro and DJ Newbill probably wishes you guys ran your program a little bit better too. Not a perfect world I guess.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2011, 02:37:26 PM »
The "Big Three" won three tournament games in four years and you want to talk about UW underachieving? get a grip.

Three sweet sixteens and an Elite Eight and only one first round exit. A resume that most programs would love to have over the past ten years, your pathetic Marquette team included. I'm not even gonna go into the Butch injury, we'll leave the excuses to the Gold.
You know what I mean.  Don't make me bring out the details.  (Cornell, Liberty, UNLV, etc.,ec.,etc.)  If I were a BADger fan, I'd be pissed as hell at BoCryin, and not ragging on the in state rival.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2011, 02:41:53 PM »

If MU is pathetic and irrelevant, why are you posting on an MU message board?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2011, 02:43:57 PM »
Brett Roseboro and DJ Newbill probably wishes you guys ran your program a little bit better too. Not a perfect world I guess.

Didn't know someone transferring, and another kid who never applied to Marquette can be equated to NCAA sanctions.  Your life this sad and pathetic that to get your jolly's off, you try antagonize another team's fans on an internet message board?

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2011, 02:45:31 PM »
If MU is pathetic and irrelevant, why are you posting on an MU message board?

I barely ever posted here, I couldn't resist when I saw this thread. Don't call us lucky, we win more games every year. We have a great coach, talented players, and it shows.

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2011, 02:46:07 PM »
Didn't know someone transferring, and another kid who never applied to Marquette can be equated to NCAA sanctions.  Your life this sad and pathetic that to get your jolly's off, you try antagonize another team's fans on an internet message board?

Good try.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2011, 02:50:25 PM »
Good try.

How about answering my claim?  Still, worse case scenario, Buzz cut them flat out, with zero concern, cursed them and their families, their mother, and their dogs.  If he did all these things, those are still equatable to NCAA sanctions? 

Also, again, what drives you to post on here?  I am curious.  You like getting a rise out of people?  You like to big mad meanie message board guy?  If so, own it.

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2011, 02:52:44 PM »
You know what I mean.  Don't make me bring out the details.  (Cornell, Liberty, UNLV, etc.,ec.,etc.)  If I were a BADger fan, I'd be pissed as hell at BoCryin, and not ragging on the in state rival.

2nd round exit
2nd round exit
1st round exit
1st round exit
1st round exit
missed tournament
missed tournament
final four
1st round ext
missed tournament
missed tournament
missed tournament
missed tournament
1st round exit
2nd round exit
missed tournament
sweet sixteen
first round
missed tournament
missed tournament
missed tournament

This amazing resume belongs to your beloved Gold. You really, really don't want to compare it to what UW has done in that time frame. Oh and by the way, we never lost to Liberty, get a clue before you post.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 02:56:26 PM by OnWisconsin »

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2011, 02:58:21 PM »
2nd round exit
2nd round exit
1st round exit
1st round exit
1st round exit
missed tournament
missed tournament
final four
1st round ext
missed tournament
missed tournament
missed tournament
missed tournament
1st round exit
2nd round exit
missed tournament
sweet sixteen
first round
missed tournament
missed tournament
missed tournament

This amazing resume belongs to your beloved Gold. You really, really don't want to compare it to what UW has done in that time frame.
So you refuse to comment on Becky's performance vs seeding, and how absolutely abysmal BoCryin's record in the tourney vs lower seeds?  I didn't think so. 

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2011, 03:19:15 PM »
2nd round exit
2nd round exit
1st round exit
1st round exit
1st round exit
missed tournament
missed tournament
final four
1st round ext
missed tournament
missed tournament
missed tournament
missed tournament
1st round exit
2nd round exit
missed tournament
sweet sixteen
first round
missed tournament
missed tournament
missed tournament

This amazing resume belongs to your beloved Gold. You really, really don't want to compare it to what UW has done in that time frame. Oh and by the way, we never lost to Liberty, get a clue before you post.

See I hate when fans do this.  I like Wisconsin and have been saying that throughout this post.  But I do hate when someone wants to put up 15 or 20 years versus the history of the program.  If you look back another 15 to 20, MU doubles up over Bucky on championship appearances, final fours, elite 8s, sweet 16s, tourney appearances and overall record, etc.  Bucky's success has only begun in the time you have put forth.  And half of the years on the backend you listed as missed the tourney, MU was still the better team as Wisconsin was battling Northwestern for the basement of the big ten.  I mean I like Wisconsin because I live there, but don't start talking about the badgers like they have the richest of history.