[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: i don't believe buzz is all about $$; he's the real deal  (Read 6125 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: i don't believe buzz is all about $$; he's the real deal
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2011, 10:31:58 PM »
See the sad thing is you make a snarky little comment like this to backswipe Buzz.  I am sure you will show all kinds of whining about how unfairly that comment was of you.  Yes, you and your ways are SOOOO misunderstood.  Well, captain obvious, yes it was IMPOSSIBLE to win without creans guy's the first two years.  Kind of an indictment of crean's recruiting, too, though as in year 3 the cupboard was bare.

Interesting that Buzz had as many wins in 2 years, post DWade in the NCAA with creans players as crean did in 5.

Did you think the other comment was snarky about Crean?  I'm just asking...I didn't notice you coming down on Tower so I can only assume you didn't think so.  These are the double standards I talk about here ALL THE TIME.  It's incredible to me how much it goes on so I just give it right back.

Aren't you glad Crean hired Buzz?  Aren't you glad Crean recommended Buzz for the MU job?  That must be very difficult for the TC haters to come to terms with I suspect.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2011, 10:35:36 PM »
Another misleading and half-truthful post to take a swipe at Buzz.  While Crean always finished in the upper half of the Big East, he failed to finish in the upper half of CUSA at least twice, which happened to be the two years after the Final 4...the last two years before MU moved to the Big East.  It seems if ever there were a train roaring down the tracks it would be after a Final 4 run...no?  Yet Crean failed to finish in the upper half of a much weaker league.  Twice.

Since Mr. Crean had all his own players at that time, fresh off a Final 4 run, with two future NBA players on his squad how is it possible that he screwed it up so badly?  And how is it possible that you were happy with that?  

Are we now re-writing history to put Buzz in a bad light compared to your pal Tommy?

Since Buzz never coached in CUSA I'm only comparing the two on the actual apples to apples comparison of conferences that they did coach in...the Big East.

I wasn't happy with it when we went to the NIT the second year and howled at having such jack asses on our squad as one of our assistant coaches who was pals with the moderators over at the other board.  So, to your point, I wasn't happy at all and voiced it often...enough that I got the ban from over there in part because of it.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2011, 10:36:27 PM »
Yes I am damn glad MU hired Crean.  Was at the time he was hired.  Did not want him to leave and was disappointed when he left - upset with how he left.  I supported him all the time he was here.  From the beginning.  Can you say the same?   ;)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2011, 10:37:55 PM »
Yes I am damn glad MU hired Crean.  Was at the time he was hired.  Did not want him to leave and was disappointed when he left - upset with how he left.  I supported him all the time he was here.  From the beginning.  Can you say the same?   ;)

Yup, that's pretty much how I feel.  I get tired of the crap, especially the revisionist crap, against the previous regime when regimes even prior to that one pulled some insanely dickish things and now one says a thing.  Hypocrite central here sometimes.

whodem

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2011, 10:39:29 PM »
No need to worry about him leaving for Arkansas anymore. They just hired Mike Anderson.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 10:42:37 PM »
Yup, that's pretty much how I feel.  I get tired of the crap, especially the revisionist crap, against the previous regime when regimes even prior to that one pulled some insanely dickish things and now one says a thing.  Hypocrite central here sometimes.

Sorry chico's, you were the same with Crean in his early days as you are with Buzz.  You did not like the way MU fired Deane and made negative, edgy comments about Crean.  Yours is revisionist history.  Sad that you continual crap on any new MU coach.  Very sad.  

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 10:47:49 PM »
Sorry chico's, you were the same with Crean in his early days as you are with Buzz.  You did not like the way MU fired Deane and made negative, edgy comments about Crean.  Yours is revisionist history.  Sad that you continual crap on any new MU coach.  Very sad.  

That's not what you said...you said you were damn glad MU hired Crean.  I said I agreed.  I think you need to go back to what YOU SAID and what I AGREED to.

Quite different.  Or are you going to change your post....here, let me help you with what YOU SAID

Yes I am damn glad MU hired Crean.  Was at the time he was hired.  Did not want him to leave and was disappointed when he left - upset with how he left.  I supported him all the time he was here.  From the beginning.  Can you say the same?

Please show me where the word Buzz ever comes up in this post of yours?  It doesn't...that's why I said I agreed with you...I did like the CREAN hire.  I, also, did NOT want him to leave and was DISAPPOINTED when he left and how he left.  I, also, supported him all the time he was here.  Yes, I can say the same as you did.

I'll await your apology since that had nothing to do with Buzz at all and I responded to your CREAN post.   :o

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 10:52:14 PM »
That's not what you said...you said you were damn glad MU hired Crean.  I said I agreed.  I think you need to go back to what YOU SAID and what I AGREED to.

Quite different.  Or are you going to change your post....here, let me help you with what YOU SAID

Please show me where the word Buzz ever comes up in this post of yours?  It doesn't...that's why I said I agreed with you...I did like the CREAN hire.  I, also, did NOT want him to leave and was DISAPPOINTED when he left and how he left.  I, also, supported him all the time he was here.  Yes, I can say the same as you did.

I'll await your apology since that had nothing to do with Buzz at all and I responded to your CREAN post.   :o

Apology?  Changing words in posts?  Well chico's, here is the post that you "agreed" to:

Yes I am damn glad MU hired Crean.  Was at the time he was hired.  Did not want him to leave and was disappointed when he left - upset with how he left.  I supported him all the time he was here.  From the beginning.  Can you say the same?     

All you said was that you agreed.  Now, in typical chico's form, you narrow down the "agreed".  As I stated in my response, you were hard on Crean and treated him the same as Buzz – a true statement.  Your drinking buddy, Mike Deane was fired, and you were pissed at MU doing it.  Pretty damn tough on Crean – now you call that supporting all the time?  Man, you have one convoluted mind.

You truly are not worth the effort, never were really.  A reason why you get banned from most message boards.  Napolean complex, perhaps.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:00:20 PM by MUMac »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 11:07:18 PM »
Good grief Mac.  First, I'd love to see where you think I made edgy comments about Crean when he was hired.  That is such incredible crap it's unbelievable.  I was at the hiring that day in the ballroom.  I had a private meeting with him 3 hours after he was announced so we could get started right away on some internal and external PR and marketing stuff.  I was thrilled to have someone that was so willing to work with us.

Was I upset that Deane was fired...yup...he was a colleague and you never like to see that happen.  But after Mike was let go, March 6th....MU took nearly a MONTH to find a replacement (what a concept) and announced Tom on April 1st.  I got over it pretty quick by the time MU got around to hiring TC.  Once I met with him and understood what his vision was, well it was obvious why we made the hire and why we let go of Mike.

Napoleon complex....good grief Mac.  You're normally a pretty good dude with a good head on your shoulders, sorry to see you get into the name calling but whatever.