[June 19, 2024, 11:34:33 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 19, 2024, 10:13:47 PM]

Marquette NBA Thread by MU82
[June 19, 2024, 08:33:32 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Tyler COLEk
[June 19, 2024, 08:02:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Division 3 Basketball Player...  (Read 4822 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Division 3 Basketball Player...
« on: March 07, 2011, 11:09:55 PM »
Scott Christopherson makes Honorable Mention All Big 12.

Good for him.  Happy to see he is doing well and found his place at Iowa State.  Hopefully for him they will have a better year as a team next season for his senior year.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Division 3 Basketball Player...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 11:20:35 PM »
Scott Christopherson makes Honorable Mention All Big 12.

Good for him.  Happy to see he is doing well and found his place at Iowa State.  Hopefully for him they will have a better year as a team next season for his senior year.

Good for him....pretty cool actually.  All Big 12 with members from Kansas, Texas, Kansas State, OSU.  Something to tell his kids and another nail in the myth about someone unable to recruit.

Funny seeing the folks that said he was not a DI player also said Acker wasn't either.  Oh well.

Nice

jeffreyweee

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 09:39:03 AM »
Good for him....pretty cool actually.  All Big 12 with members from Kansas, Texas, Kansas State, OSU.  Something to tell his kids and another nail in the myth about someone unable to recruit.

Funny seeing the folks that said he was not a DI player also said Acker wasn't either.  Oh well.

Nice

The reason you get so much crap from people is the way you go about posting. Every post you make seems to have some tempered back-handed slap to other posters. If you'd post like a regular human being without digging up old graves people would appreciate you more.

For example:

"Good for him....pretty cool actually.  All Big 12 with members from Kansas, Texas, Kansas State, OSU.  Something to tell his kids."

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »

The reason you get so much crap from people is the way you go about posting. Every post you make seems to have some tempered back-handed slap to other posters. If you'd post like a regular human being without digging up old graves people would appreciate you more.

For example:

"Good for him....pretty cool actually.  All Big 12 with members from Kansas, Texas, Kansas State, OSU.  Something to tell his kids."

I give what I get Jeffreyweee.....I do exactly what ners, Pakuni, Canadian Dimes, Lenny, Navin, etc, do.  Put your same comments toward those 5 to 10 others that do the same thing, and I'll believe you truly care about what your are saying.  Since you won't do that, sorry...no sale.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 10:00:46 AM »
I give what I get Jeffreyweee.....I do exactly what ners, Pakuni, Canadian Dimes, Lenny, Navin, etc, do.  Put your same comments toward those 5 to 10 others that do the same thing, and I'll believe you truly care about what your are saying.  Since you won't do that, sorry...no sale.
Who needs to take the high road?

Cura Personalis.

Just sayin'.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 11:08:21 AM »

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 11:29:33 AM »
Chicos - Please remove me from the list of people who said Christopherson was a D-3 talent or not a Division 1 talent.  I've never said that.  I will say that I did not see Christopherson achieving the degree of success he has this past year.  At best I felt he'd be a role player his whole career - after seeing how much he struggled dribbling with his left hand as a freshman.  Great example of how 4 years in a college program can improve a player.

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 11:44:07 AM »
Chicos - Please remove me from the list of people who said Christopherson was a D-3 talent or not a Division 1 talent.  I've never said that.  I will say that I did not see Christopherson achieving the degree of success he has this past year.  At best I felt he'd be a role player his whole career - after seeing how much he struggled dribbling with his left hand as a freshman.  Great example of how 4 years in a college program can improve a player.

...and why we shouldn't be so quick to jump all over our players as if they are or should be as good today as they will ever be.

jeffreyweee

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 12:15:09 PM »

The same goes for them attacking you or Crean. It's obnoxious and really take away from the board. It's why the scout board refers to this one as the kiddy board. Grow up, all of you.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 12:31:36 PM »
I don't mind a little "reminding" here and there. It's a message board and facts are facts. I admit I couldn't see Christopherson developing into anything special here. I thought he was too slow-footed to ever make it. Watching him against Cal proved I was dead wrong. But does that make me a dick for saying so? I was wrong, call me on it. It's just an opinion. That's the problem with a lot of the banter here; if you don't agree with "me," you're a douche. I love MU bball, but I root for Christopherson and Newbill. I like watching Mbakwe. Hell, I love watching Ben Hansbrough -- he plays the game hard and I respect that. I root against and don't like Crean, but at the end of the day, I have no problem with guys who like him. A lot of guys rip on Chicos for everything (opinion, tone, undertone, etc., etc.), but for the most part, I think he's pretty objective and right on most of the time. Nothing wrong with a little "gamesmanship" reminding someone they were wrong. Cue the stoning.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 01:36:01 PM »
The same goes for them attacking you or Crean. It's obnoxious and really take away from the board. It's why the scout board refers to this one as the kiddy board. Grow up, all of you.

This is a good example of why I don't bother reading the Scout board. 
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 01:48:14 PM »
I don't mind a little "reminding" here and there. It's a message board and facts are facts. I admit I couldn't see Christopherson developing into anything special here. I thought he was too slow-footed to ever make it. Watching him against Cal proved I was dead wrong. But does that make me a dick for saying so? I was wrong, call me on it. It's just an opinion. That's the problem with a lot of the banter here; if you don't agree with "me," you're a douche. I love MU bball, but I root for Christopherson and Newbill. I like watching Mbakwe. Hell, I love watching Ben Hansbrough -- he plays the game hard and I respect that. I root against and don't like Crean, but at the end of the day, I have no problem with guys who like him. A lot of guys rip on Chicos for everything (opinion, tone, undertone, etc., etc.), but for the most part, I think he's pretty objective and right on most of the time. Nothing wrong with a little "gamesmanship" reminding someone they were wrong. Cue the stoning.

I agree with all of your analysis - however, if you really believe Chicos is objective and right on most of the time - that shocks me.  If you can't see his build up and defense of all things Crean, and largely tear down, skeptical, critical, evaluation of all things Buzz...you are really missing the point.  Sure Chicos throws in the occasional "I like Buzz and think he is a nice person and decent coach" line about 1 in 20 posts ..but when the other 19 are largely critical - such as his rant this summer about JUCO's, calling our team choking dogs who pee themselves, ...etc, etc, etc...at some point the guy loses credibility.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 01:50:55 PM »

Agreed with all of this.  Glad you can admit to being wrong on an opinion.  A large majority of the people here would claim that Christopherson would not help this team and is still not good enough to play in the Big East, both points being ridiculous.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 01:58:50 PM »
I agree with all of your analysis - however, if you really believe Chicos is objective and right on most of the time - that shocks me.  If you can't see his build up and defense of all things Crean, and largely tear down, skeptical, critical, evaluation of all things Buzz...you are really missing the point.  Sure Chicos throws in the occasional "I like Buzz and think he is a nice person and decent coach" line about 1 in 20 posts ..but when the other 19 are largely critical - such as his rant this summer about JUCO's, calling our team choking dogs who pee themselves, ...etc, etc, etc...at some point the guy loses credibility.

Disagree.  While I don't like Crean and think he's a completely overrated coach, there is no denying what he did for Marquette.  He got us the Al and the Big East, which are the 2 biggest things Marquette has going for them in terms of recruiting outside of the coaching staff.  He got us a Final Four (yes, Dwyane Wade had a lot to do with that and Marquette being able to take partial qualifiers while other schools couldn't certainly helped the cause, is that Crean's fault?  Should we just pretend we never made the 2003 Final Four because Wade was a partial qualifier and led us to the Final Four?  Should Crean not have the 03 Final Four as part of his resume?).  Again, I do not like Crean at all, but he was very important for the success that Marquette had in his tenure and is now having.

Chicos calls it as he sees it.  I respect that and I agree with a lot of what he has to say.  He did call out the JUCOs, but he admitted that he shouldn't have and he said he wouldn't do that again, which he hasn't.  He has stayed true to his word.  Does this team not "choke" a decent amount?  When you blow double digit leads in the second half in multiple games are you not choking?  When you need to win either at home against Cinci or on the road against Seton Hall in order to essentially punch your ticket to the tourney aren't you kind of choking?  That doesn't mean the kids don't work hard or whatever you make think it is, but this team has had many chances to come up with very important wins and hasn't been able to finish the deal.

He brings up very good points, both the good and the bad.  When we're playing very well he posts about what a good job Buzz did, how prepared the team was and how they came to play; however, when they're not playing well he calls them out as he sees it.  Just because he's not 100% positive 100% of the time doesn't mean he hates Buzz or Marquette basketball, but for some reason people here think it does.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 02:20:42 PM »

Why..... I'm a man I bet!

This is why on this board we refer to the Scout board as.....  wait, actually, we don't bother to refer to the Scout board here.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 02:53:10 PM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 02:25:25 PM »
Crean is a flawed dude, I get it. So is Buzz. Big deal. Again, opinions. I think the JUCO thing is a real concern and there are valid points that most people think but don't write. I genuinely appreciate Chico's contrarian persona -- he throws it out there and you guys just explode. It makes me laugh often. But it seems like many here take it SO personal. Like the guy earlier analyzing Chico's "way you go about posting" -- ignore/hide his posts.

I don't read everything, so I'm sure there are many examples of perceived douchery, but from a casual reader of the board, Chicos is one of the more entertaining/informative members here. I would say the same about you Ners.

Agree to disagree, man up when you're wrong and try not to be dicks. Rules we can all live by.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
Crean is a flawed dude, I get it. So is Buzz. Big deal. Again, opinions. I think the JUCO thing is a real concern and there are valid points that most people think but don't write. I genuinely appreciate Chico's contrarian persona -- he throws it out there and you guys just explode. It makes me laugh often. But it seems like many here take it SO personal. Like the guy earlier analyzing Chico's "way you go about posting" -- ignore/hide his posts.

I don't read everything, so I'm sure there are many examples of perceived douchery, but from a casual reader of the board, Chicos is one of the more entertaining/informative members here. I would say the same about you Ners.

Agree to disagree, man up when you're wrong and try not to be dicks. Rules we can all live by.

+1   And this is from the most interesting man in the world.  (I got your avatar right, didn't I?)
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 02:39:21 PM »

Rather than simply retyping this or trying to say it in a different or better way, I'll just say that I whole-heartedly agree with this.  Or, as the kids say these days, +1.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

jeffreyweee

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 02:40:58 PM »
This is a good example of why I don't bother reading the Scout board. 

Because you'd rather piss and moan instead of have real discussion? Word, me too.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 02:44:10 PM »
Because you'd rather piss and moan instead of have real discussion? Word, me too.

Actually, when it comes to "real" discussions, Henry is about as good as it gets around here.

LON

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 02:48:26 PM »

Says the guy that posted on the Scout Board about MU needing to recruit players that the students will like so the student section will cheer better.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 02:50:47 PM »

I never said you did, ners.  I said you and those others listed do the same thing that I was charged with..."posts you make seems to have some tempered back-handed slap to other posters"....that is what I said and can be backed up with ample evidence to support.

Jeffree...I don't deal with absolutes very well, so when you say "EVERY" one of my posts, that's just wrong...it stinks of "vast majority", never, every, always that some people here cannot get past.  Diction problems apparently.  It's lazy on your part, quite frankly.

As for cura personalis...I liked the part of the bible that was EYE FOR AN EYE.   ;D   I'll work on the turning the other cheek stuff, but it would be great to see all the clowns in the car do the same thing (I include myself).

Nevertheless, back on topic.  Great for Scotty C.  There is no doubt that he was bashed here by a lot of people.  Great to see him make an All Big 12 team as a junior. 

He finished 12th in the nation in 3-point shooting at 45.2% (2nd best in the Big 12)
He's already the school's all-time leader in 3's after only two years.

Good for him.  Nice to see.

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 07:43:17 PM »
I never said you did, ners.  I said you and those others listed do the same thing that I was charged with..."posts you make seems to have some tempered back-handed slap to other posters"....that is what I said and can be backed up with ample evidence to support.

Jeffree...I don't deal with absolutes very well, so when you say "EVERY" one of my posts, that's just wrong...it stinks of "vast majority", never, every, always that some people here cannot get past.  Diction problems apparently.  It's lazy on your part, quite frankly.

As for cura personalis...I liked the part of the bible that was EYE FOR AN EYE.   ;D   I'll work on the turning the other cheek stuff, but it would be great to see all the clowns in the car do the same thing (I include myself).

Nevertheless, back on topic.  Great for Scotty C.  There is no doubt that he was bashed here by a lot of people.  Great to see him make an All Big 12 team as a junior. 

He finished 12th in the nation in 3-point shooting at 45.2% (2nd best in the Big 12)
He's already the school's all-time leader in 3's after only two years.

Good for him.  Nice to see.

I stand by my statement earlier this year that Christopherson would have helped us win a game or two this year.

I question how so many could determine that he was not Big East quality based on a freshman year marked by injury.  Based on their frosh years, we could have said the same thing about Otule and Cadougan as well.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 07:51:44 PM »
I stand by my statement earlier this year that Christopherson would have helped us win a game or two this year.

I question how so many could determine that he was not Big East quality based on a freshman year marked by injury.  Based on their frosh years, we could have said the same thing about Otule and Cadougan as well.

Important to remember when evaluating this year's MU team.  Our most "senior" players have just 3 years of NCAA D-1 experience:  Jimmy and Joe.  Scott C, due to his redshirt year, effectively is a 4th year D-1 player.  Considering our next most "senior" players are DJO and Buycks who have 2 years D-1 experience....this year's team is largely inexperienced. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 08:02:07 PM »

Simple...because he was recruited by a guy that they don't like.  Just as people railed on Acker, because he was recruited by a guy they don't like.  For a number of posters here, that is the ONLY criteria that matters. Not their ability to play, not their skill as a basketball player (traditional or otherwise), but what coach brought them in.