Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Division 3 Basketball Player...  (Read 4805 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Division 3 Basketball Player...
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 08:10:31 PM »
Simple...because he was recruited by a guy that they don't like.  Just as people railed on Acker, because he was recruited by a guy they don't like.  For a number of posters here, that is the ONLY criteria that matters. Not their ability to play, not their skill as a basketball player (traditional or otherwise), but what coach brought them in. 

You do realize that saying ONLY is the equivalent of saying always or never. I know you hate it when that happens :)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 08:11:00 PM »
I stand by my statement earlier this year that Christopherson would have helped us win a game or two this year.

I question how so many could determine that he was not Big East quality based on a freshman year marked by injury.  Based on their frosh years, we could have said the same thing about Otule and Cadougan as well.

A lot of posters DID say the same thing about Otule and Cadougan...some still do.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2011, 08:14:08 PM »
Simple...because he was recruited by a guy that they don't like.  Just as people railed on Acker, because he was recruited by a guy they don't like.  For a number of posters here, that is the ONLY criteria that matters. Not their ability to play, not their skill as a basketball player (traditional or otherwise), but what coach brought them in. 

Total BS!

Care to explain why posters have been all over Junior, EWill, Otule, Buycks and Blue? Did Crean bring those guys in too? You know better than that, Chicos. You're clearly just trying to get a rise out of people.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 08:17:53 PM »
Good call MerrittsMustache.  Chicos, that's how topics get derailed.  That's what I sent you a PM warning about earlier.

Congrats to SC - he had some success at ISU, and deserves it.  Yes many thought he was in over his head at MU, but those same people wished him well at his new school.  Nothing wrong with that.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 08:34:33 PM »
Chicos - Can you clarify for me why you've said on numerous occasions you couldn't stand Tom Crean, thought he was a douche, etc. - but yet you get so riled up and defensive and think a player such as Christo or Acker weren't liked because of WHO recruited them??  Why do you care if people didn't like Christo or Acker??  Seems you are hell bent on defending a guy you claim to dislike and thought was a douche??

For a number of posters here, that is the ONLY criteria that matters. Not their ability to play, not their skill as a basketball player (traditional or otherwise), but what coach brought them in. 

It just doesn't make a lot of sense.  You've also mentioned numerous times here how Gasser or Newbill have seemingly had better years than Vander.  So its okay for you to prefer other freshman to Vander, but if others here disagreed with your assesment of Cristo or Mo - its wrong and simply because they didn't like the coach who recruited them??

Who cares about the coach that recruited Cristo and Acker??  They both have had good years as 4th and 5th players.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 08:38:33 PM »
You know, folks have had 20 some hours to say congrats to Scott here.  That's plenty of time.  Locked.

(in case you haven't noticed, I'm in a mood to lock any thread that goes too far OT or into a rant...)