Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Screw Wisconsin  (Read 4810 times)

VanderBabyBlue

• Scholarship Player
Screw Wisconsin
« on: February 23, 2011, 07:29:22 PM »
Are you kidding me with that garbage?  And it's Gasser?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: Screw Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 07:34:19 PM »
I was happy. Michigan was lurking on the bubble with some home games. Good to see them off.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

VanderBabyBlue

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 07:35:33 PM »
Eh, yea, I agree that's a good point.  But still, hard for my initial reaction to be happy watching that.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 07:38:26 PM »
I was happy. Michigan was lurking on the bubble with some home games. Good to see them off.

Word... our Gophers need to finish Michigan off on Saturday.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wesmat23

• Starter
  • Veezy V G.T.S.T
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 08:03:42 PM »
Probabley good for us that they won. I really don't think the Bo-ring badgers are gonna do much in the tourney but who knows?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 08:04:50 PM »

True that, but the gophers are in a world of hurt(literally).
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 08:08:40 PM »
was there, and its always hard to see sconnie win - especially in the most sconnie way possible.  probably good for us in the long run, but damn, how Wisconsin of them.  especially since they looked awful all game. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 08:59:17 PM »
Probabley good for us that they won. I really don't think the Bo-ring badgers are gonna do much in the tourney but who knows?

They have a NBA caliber point guard and cause tons of match-up problems on their front line.  They are going to be tough to beat.  I think they make the Sweet 16 at least this year.

Are you kidding me with that garbage?  And it's Gasser?

I think the only people who aren't suprised by the way he is playing are his parents.  Solid kid.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 09:15:53 PM »
Seriously, has there been a luckier team in the country the last number of years then Pissconsin?? Whether it be getting a favorable schedule(getting to play the best teams at home or only once), or a hot shooting display or a banked in three at the buzzer?? The list goes on and on. So frustrating!
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 09:30:47 PM »
‎11-3 vs 9 through 16 seeds, 1-7 vs 1 through 8 seeds in the last 10 years in the tournament. The 1 win was in OT against an FSU team who've been in 2 tournaments and haven't won a tourney game since '98. I think they have the potential to be better this year vs top seeds with two big-time players in Leuer and Taylor, but I'll have to see it to believe it. Excellent FT shooting helps in tourney, but they also don't get there a ton. Style of play, not committing turnovers but also not forcing turnovers and not putting pressure on opponents, works great for regular-season overachieving, but not well at all when you get behind against good teams in March.
GO WARRIORS!

Buchec18

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 09:31:39 PM »
Seriously, has there been a luckier team in the country the last number of years then Pissconsin?? Whether it be getting a favorable schedule(getting to play the best teams at home or only once), or a hot shooting display or a banked in three at the buzzer?? The list goes on and on. So frustrating!

As a huge Marquette fan, I too, along with I'm sure a ton of others here hate Wisconsin. It sucks to see them do good. But come tourney time they will do what they do best and choke.

groove

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 09:35:56 PM »
and they are still better than us

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 09:45:32 PM »
We've all debated Gasser ad nauseum but count me in as one who is very impressed with his all around game.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 09:52:05 PM »
We've all debated Gasser ad nauseum but count me in as one who is very impressed with his all around game.

His all around game? Let's not get carried away. Gasser is the classic Wisconsin role player who doesn't bring much to the table but doesn't take much off the table. 90% of the time he's invisible on the court...and I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way. That's his job. He's a perfect fit at Wisconsin and, oddly enough, he'd be at best the 8-10th man for most other BCS teams.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 09:56:18 PM »

Gasser is definitely a solid player.  Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  Vander Blue has a higher ceiling for sure, but not all ceilings get reached.

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 09:57:58 PM »
His all around game? Let's not get carried away. Gasser is the classic Wisconsin role player who doesn't bring much to the table but doesn't take much off the table. 90% of the time he's invisible on the court...and I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way. That's his job. He's a perfect fit at Wisconsin and, oddly enough, he'd be at best the 8-10th man for most other BCS teams.

Scott's Peachfuzz, have you actually been watching this MF'er? For a freshman, this cat is fundamentally sound, hard nosed, and his a-hole doesn't spasm when shooting late in the shot clock. Regrettably, we don't have a first year guard that even comes close.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 10:10:08 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 10:13:27 PM »
Scott's Peachfuzz, have you actually been watching this MF'er? For a freshman, this cat is fundamentally sound, hard nosed, and his a-hole doesn't spasm when shooting late in the shot clock. Regrettably, we don't have a first year guard that even comes close.

So he's fundamentally sound, hard-nosed and has good composure? That doesn't sound like a typical Badger role player to you?

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 10:17:44 PM »
+1. And K-State beat Nebraska. Helps to ease a big win by Cincy.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 11:01:03 PM »
In 36 minutes, he shot 4 times, had 4 rebounds, ONE ASSIST, 5 pts, and a team high 3 turnovers. I'm sure he'll develop into a fine little player, but I honestly don't get the love.

willie wampum

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 11:07:30 PM »
In 36 minutes, he shot 4 times, had 4 rebounds, ONE ASSIST, 5 pts, and a team high 3 turnovers. I'm sure he'll develop into a fine little player, but I honestly don't get the love.

Give me that "fine little player" over Vander Blue any day.

I don't understand how Gasser can contribute at all.  All I read here is how the best thing about Freshman is they become Sophomores when discussing the disappointment known as Vander Blue.

MU desperately needs a guy like Gasser...someone who can hit a big shot and doesn't have panic written all over his face.  Screw the switchable crap.  Give me some basketball players.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 11:47:37 PM »
Give me that "fine little player" over Vander Blue any day.

I don't understand how Gasser can contribute at all.  All I read here is how the best thing about Freshman is they become Sophomores when discussing the disappointment known as Vander Blue.

I can't dive into another Gasser v Blue fight or my head will explode and I will come off sounding holier than thou, BUT
 - Vander could have that line too -  if he were asked to stand in the corner all game.  But he's not. He's asked to create, to guard go to players on the other team, and to be an integral part of the break. If you have a complaint , its a system issue, not a player issue.  There is no place for Vander to do this damn Gasser impression on this team. And I'm willing to bet thats a huge part of why he's here in the first place.

MU desperately needs a guy like Gasser...someone who can hit a big shot and doesn't have panic written all over his face.

From Gasser himself on his "calm, big shot" tonight - "I didn't have time to set my feet or take a jump shot. I just heaved it up there so that we'd at least have a chance, As soon as I let it go, I knew it was going to be off the board, but I thought it had a chance to bank in..."

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2011, 06:36:34 AM »

For a Freshman, he's steady and does a lot of the little things correctly.

marquettewade3

• Walk-On
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2011, 08:08:38 AM »

I would like to commend you on using "Word".  I thought I was the only person who did that anymore.  Well done.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2011, 09:10:41 AM »
Seriously, has there been a luckier team in the country the last number of years then Pissconsin??

You mean like when they were Big Ten regular season champions and lost one of their best players to injury in the conference championship game?

They have a better team and at this point a better program.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2011, 09:36:14 AM »
Their like the bears.....no matter what...they still suck

feedback