collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tom Crean pissed off  (Read 5124 times)

Buchec18

• Starter
Tom Crean pissed off
« on: February 21, 2011, 03:15:54 PM »
Well, nothing new here... I know this is an MU board and we like to stray away ;) from the Crean talk nowadays but saw this and had to post it.

Poor Mr. Crean is upset that they changed the gametime on March 5th to 11:00 AM. Awww 11 AM is too early? If I recall Marquette had a game this year at 10:00 AM on NEW YEARS DAY.

Link: http://network.yardbarker.com/college_basketball/article_external/tom_crean_tweets_his_disgust_for_early_tip_off_with_illini/4207736

Crean needs to stfu
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 03:18:36 PM by Buchec18 »

GGGG

• All American
Re: Tom Crean pissed off
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 03:21:22 PM »
If you're gonna post this crap at least superbar it where it belongs.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 03:23:09 PM »
His tweets are pretty ridiculous:

I heard the Big Ten network is moving us to play at Illinois after we play Wisconsin at 9 o clock Thursday at 11 on Saturday. IN THE MORNING

There is no way that could be true is it? What was the 8 a.m. slot taken?

I feel like we should jump in some vans, put the 8 track tapes in, get some cheese sandwiches and have a old school road trip.

I am okay with 1 day in between games on occasion but 36 hours? In a rivalry game? That defies rationalization.

Come on out Ashton. Where are the cameras? This isnt funny . U got me. We have been punked.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 03:28:03 PM »
Superbar.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 03:35:24 PM »
Why does he care what time they lose?

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 03:37:19 PM »
we might be rooting for Crean to knock off a bubble team that day.

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 03:41:49 PM »
Looks like he took the tweets down.

http://twitter.com/tomcrean

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 03:43:14 PM »
I really don't see the big deal.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 03:44:26 PM »
we might be rooting for Crean to knock off a bubble team that day.

I'd love to see the Illini miss the tournament.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 03:49:13 PM »
Nice, CD.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 03:58:34 PM »
The Big Ten Network pays each in the conference 22 mill/year. He should be happy they are even willing to show his ugly ass face.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 04:18:44 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 04:04:46 PM »
Maybe he'll still be in his candy-striped pajamas on the bench.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 04:18:11 PM »
My cheering order:

Indiana > Illinois > Wisconsin

I only cheer for Indiana against Illinois and Wisconsin.  I only cheer for Illinois against Wisconsin.  I never cheer for Wisconsin.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 04:24:06 PM »
I'm sure there are a lot of coaches who'd agree with Crean that it is tight scheduling.

Hell, we had some people presume MU was gassed and too tired after playing in Washington, D.C. on Sunday and then home in Milwaukee on Tuesday night.

Imagine if both were road games and those time-slots were reverse? It'd be the recurring teal theme of the summer.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 04:52:27 PM »
Sorry charlie but the real question is how many other coaches would make a fool of themselves on Twitter about it?

The guy is such a whiner...He says he never wants to make excuses and then follows with one.  That is all he does. 

A real coach might tweet that the schedulers might have done them no favors but they are all about toughness and perserveering through obstatcles etc.  But this vag is whining and already coming up with an excuse as to why they will come in last place for the third year in a row and have less Big Ten wins than last year. 

muball

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 05:37:34 PM »
I never thought of II II as a rivalry of II Crean is just trying to keep his name in the papers etc

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 05:49:21 PM »
My cheering order:

I only cheer for Indiana against Illinois and Wisconsin.  I only cheer for Illinois against Wisconsin.  I never cheer for Wisconsin.

768 days ago Indiana was my second favorite college basketball team. Illinois and Wisconsin (in that order) brought up the rear. I couldn't imagine any circumstance that could make me root for the Badgers. I was wrong.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 06:13:40 PM »
I never thought of II II as a rivalry of II Crean is just trying to keep his name in the papers etc

That's because you're not an Indiana fan.  Illinois is IU's 3rd biggest rivalry behind Purdue and Kentucky.  The all-time series is fantastic, with IU holding a 1 game lead all-time.  Just because YOU don't think it's a rivalry doesn't mean IU and UI don't.  Much like Lenny likes to talk about IU's expectations and seemingly forgets he's not IU nor does he have anything do to with IU in any respect at all.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 06:14:28 PM »
768 days ago Indiana was my second favorite college basketball team. Illinois and Wisconsin (in that order) brought up the rear. I couldn't imagine any circumstance that could make me root for the Badgers. I was wrong.

I used to love picking options, until Bernie Madoff screwed over a bunch of people in an absolutely crooked scam.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 10:22:16 PM »
I used to love picking options, until Bernie Madoff screwed over a bunch of people in an absolutely crooked scam.

WTF???

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 11:14:06 AM »
My cheering order:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
The "average fan" is an idiot.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 11:52:22 AM »
That's because you're not an Indiana fan.  Illinois is IU's 3rd biggest rivalry behind Purdue and Kentucky.  The all-time series is fantastic, with IU holding a 1 game lead all-time.  Just because YOU don't think it's a rivalry doesn't mean IU and UI don't.  Much like Lenny likes to talk about IU's expectations and seemingly forgets he's not IU nor does he have anything do to with IU in any respect at all.

You've got me here. I certainly would have thought that expectations for a top 5 of all time program would have been higher than a .500 lifetime record  vs Illinois. Gives one pause....

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 01:15:24 PM »
My cheering order:

I'd root for Kim Jong Il against Indiana.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 01:24:10 PM »
WTF???

He's saying that if a guy like Crean ruined Indiana basketball for you then you were never an Indiana fan in the first place.

Indiana basketball is bigger than Crean.  Picking options is bigger than Madoff.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 04:18:24 PM »
He's saying that if a guy like Crean ruined Indiana basketball for you then you were never an Indiana fan in the first place.

Indiana basketball is bigger than Crean.  Picking options is bigger than Madoff.

Then it's a bad analogy. Saying I won't support Indiana basketball while Tom Crean is running things is analogous to saying I won't invest in the Madoff Fund as long as Bernie is in charge.

Saying that one ought not invest in any fund because Madoff once ran one is analogous to saying one ought not support any college basketball team because Tom Crean once coached one.

feedback