Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tokoto Recaps Roy Williams Visit  (Read 10130 times)

texaswarrior74

• All American
Tokoto Recaps Roy Williams Visit
« on: January 23, 2011, 07:46:15 PM »
“Coach Roy [Williams] was out here today,” he said. “Besides Coach Bo [Ryan] from Wisconsin I’ve talked to Coach Roy more than anybody, which has been awesome. I love Coach. He’s a great dude. We have a great relationship.”

“We just talk all the time,” Tokoto added. “We rarely talk about basketball stuff when he calls. We just talk about life.”

Tokoto said North Carolina had done a great job recruiting him and he gets a good vibe from not only their coaching staff, but also their players.

“I get there and it’s a home feeling,” Tokoto said. “It’s really great and the history of the program speaks for itself and Coach Roy is an awesome guy.”

“I’ve hung out with the team and they seem like cool dudes and I have family down there,” he added. “If I really want to go out of state, that’s definitely where I’d look at. ......

.....Tokoto is planning another visit to UNC in mid-February. He also plans to visit Duke while in North Carolina. The family has yet to set an exact date. He also has intentions of visiting other schools.

“We are talking about going to UCLA and go to Duke, UNC, Wisconsin, Marquette and we’ve talked about Stanford and Kentucky.”

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Tokoto Recaps Roy Williams Visit
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 07:50:29 PM »
Game, set, match.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 07:51:29 PM »
Sounds bad, but what is he quoting from?  A UNC source?

Also the "besides Coach Bo" comment raised my eyebrows.

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 08:07:56 PM »
Quoting from Scout.com

Think the "if I go out of state" is important because he realizes that he has a viable in state option as well.....just hope it's MU and not Bucky.....if he doesn't pick MU would rather he go to UNC than Bucky or dook though....
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:11:17 PM by texaswarrior74 »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 08:31:31 PM »
Wisconsin or UNC

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 08:37:22 PM »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 08:39:20 PM »
Funny he calls them Coach Roy and Coach Bo....as that is a moniker often used to reference Buzz.  Rarely has Buzz ever been referred to as Coach Williams...seems he's gotten in the habit of calling someone Coach First Name - wonder where that evolved from..

Just my thoughts as the wife of Buzz Williams,

Corey Williams
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

mviale

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 09:06:27 PM »
Nc campus' are beautiful, but he won't play much there.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 09:07:38 PM »
Funny he calls them Coach Roy and Coach Bo....as that is a moniker often used to reference Buzz.  Rarely has Buzz ever been referred to as Coach Williams...seems he's gotten in the habit of calling someone Coach First Name - wonder where that evolved from..

Just my thoughts as the wife of Buzz Williams,

Corey Williams

And calling William Ryan "Bo" as a player is disrespectful and grounds for trashing the kid when he picks UNC.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 09:31:59 PM »
Wisconsin or UNC

I think MU is higher in the field. If he stays in state I think he comes here. He really wants to go to a school that has a good business program

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 09:32:27 PM »

based on what????????????????????

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 09:33:19 PM »
I think MU is higher in the field. If he stays in state I think he comes here. He really wants to go to a school that has a good business program
[/quote

Ah, and UW doesn't? How do people make this sh*t up?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 09:41:38 PM »

Seriously, if he picks a school, even if it is MU, because it has a good business school, I don't want him.  I want him because he picks a program that he thinks will best help prepare him for a career in the NBA.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 09:43:34 PM »

Ari, UW just finished a brand new college of business building a few years ago. State of the art everything. Think our new law school, only a building for people who contribute to society above and beyond that of ambulance chasers.  ;)

Meanwhile, Marquette's college of business building is straight out of the 1950's and the business faculty have their offices in former broom closets.

- Signed, a former undergrad Arts & Sciences major.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 09:47:29 PM »

UW-madison doesn't have a good business program?

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 10:10:14 PM »

Guess again...Roy LOVES him....he was the first recruit called and offered when Roy started offering 2012 recruits...and he made sure that JP knew it...

Roy still abides (one of the few) by the NABC request that coaches not offer until June 15 AFTER their sophomore year.  He called JP at 12:01 AM on the 15th with the offer.

And...Kenan Flagler School of Business is ranked higher than any of the others....FWIW.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:13:05 PM by texaswarrior74 »

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 10:13:19 PM »
lets ignore warrior07's general bitterness, because he's like an angry 40 year old man, I'm not saying UW has a bad school. I sort of meant that as two separate comments. A)I think if he stays in state he comes here. B) he wants to go to a university with a good business school

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 10:26:56 PM »
I just don't see it.  He will play more under Bo then at MU early on due to depth at the position.  With the number of underclassmen stuck on the bench right now at MU, I can't imagine that sits well with Tokoto either, but who knows what any of these kids think these days. 

Personally I think he goes to UNC because if you have a chance to play your college career at UNC, you go to UNC.  I wish him well in whatever he decides and certainly hope it's MU, but it would surprise me.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 10:34:39 PM »
With the number of underclassmen stuck on the bench right now at MU, I can't imagine that sits well with Tokoto either, but who knows what any of these kids think these days. 

How many underclassmen on our bench are as good as him?

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 10:43:43 PM »
UW-madison doesn't have a good business program?

Actually, it ain't sh1t compared to Harvard Business School. In fact, it doesn't even rank with my other alma mater, Michigan. I am floored as to why the idiots in Madison rate their school so highly.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 10:47:59 PM »
based on what????????????????????
Classic marshall Williams case
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 11:01:35 PM »
How many underclassmen on our bench are as good as him?

I suppose a lot of that will depend if some of the kids we have on the bench right now ever see the light of day.  Same for the ones coming in next year.  There are some highly rated prospects if you believe in the ratings systems (which I am not wild about) which aren't playing.  One would assume they play next year and beyond which would mean a log jam at those positions.  I know Buzz says he wants switchables that he can run in and out with a deep rotation, but in reality that's not what we have seen from Buzz.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 11:10:17 PM »
Actually, it ain't sh1t compared to Harvard Business School. In fact, it doesn't even rank with my other alma mater, Michigan. I am floored as to why the idiots in Madison rate their school so highly.

Michigan has a better business school than UW-madison, no question.  But Madison's is better than MU's which is what the comparison was.  I think Tokoto is interested in Stanford (#1 business school) and UCLA (top 15 as well).  North Carolina's is ranked ahead of Madison's as well.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 01:46:26 AM »
Stanford is ripe...

The Pac-10 continues to wallow in the wake of early defections and imbalance in sports (Oregon in FB, Stanford in gymnastics, etc.).

If there ever was a school to head to so he could be an immediate impact player AND get a great education along with a globally solid pedigree, it'll be Stanford.

But, he could endure a coaching change and possibly some transfers out of the program if Dawkins can't pull it together...
SS Marquette

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 05:31:21 AM »
going to NBA > business school.

feedback