[Today at 11:59:35 AM]

Hurley staying! by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 10:05:09 AM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by wadesworld
[Today at 10:04:06 AM]

2024-25 Roster by tower912
[Today at 07:04:54 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What's Your Major?  (Read 7843 times)

HoopsMalone

• All American
What's Your Major?
« on: January 22, 2011, 06:56:03 PM »
Who is this chant directed at?

GOMU1104

• All American
Re: What's Your Major?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 06:56:51 PM »
Pretty much all of our guys are "Undecided" at this point.

Only Buycks (Communications) and Singleton (Marketing) have something listed.

Hard to believe guys like Butler and Fulce are undecided on their major this late. Someone should get on updating that stuff...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 07:01:02 PM by GOMU1104 »

chapman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 07:04:03 PM »
Hard to believe guys like Butler and Fulce are undecided on their major this late. Someone should get on updating that stuff...

Was just going to say that.  Not our player's fault, but whoever updates the website should do their job; Badger fans brought that one up months ago too.  Even Frozena is listed as undecided?  Come on.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 08:45:51 PM »
I've mentioned this to MUHSWarrior before, Undecided is a lot less embarrassing than saying Communications.

(I can make that joke, I'm Comm '97)
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 08:48:15 PM »
I've mentioned this to MUHSWarrior before, Undecided is a lot less embarrassing than saying Communications.

LOL

It is astonishing that by their senior year so many guys are undecided....either that or MU has done a poor job of updating that information on the website.  At the end of the day, you have to have a certain number of credits in a field to graduate.  By their Senior year they need to have that established so they can complete their degree unless they plan on being here for 6 years.

NCAARules

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 09:53:57 PM »
LOL

It is astonishing that by their senior year so many guys are undecided....either that or MU has done a poor job of updating that information on the website.  At the end of the day, you have to have a certain number of credits in a field to graduate.  By their Senior year they need to have that established so they can complete their degree unless they plan on being here for 6 years.

Actually, continuing eligibility is based on credits earned towards a specific, declared degree. Majors, by NCAA rule, must be declared by a certain point in time (start of 5th semester, I believe). There should not be any undecided juniors or seniors in DI athletics. If they are upperclassmen-it's all on MU for not updating.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 09:58:48 PM »

really?  I always thought you were an old dude.   ?-(

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 09:58:55 PM »
I know Vander is a "traditionalism" major and Jae is majoring in the same thing so I don't see why they would be listed as undecided.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 10:01:57 PM »
Actually, continuing eligibility is based on credits earned towards a specific, declared degree. Majors, by NCAA rule, must be declared by a certain point in time (start of 5th semester, I believe). There should not be any undecided juniors or seniors in DI athletics. If they are upperclassmen-it's all on MU for not updating.

That's what I thought.  MU needs to update that info and not subject the student athletes to that ridicule.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 07:13:46 AM »
When I axed F*ckin' what he took up in school, his reply was, "space and time."
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 08:20:58 AM »
really?  I always thought you were an old dude.   ?-(

Because I'm so wise?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 02:50:50 PM »
Looks like someone got the hint.  The bios have all been updated and only the underclassmen are listed as undecided.

Unfortunately our student athletes had to be subjected to the cheers....UW-madison posters had a whole thread on this earlier in the year as well bashing MU's academics for the team.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 02:57:56 PM »
Looks like someone got the hint.  The bios have all been updated and only the underclassmen are listed as undecided.

Unfortunately our student athletes had to be subjected to the cheers....UW-madison posters had a whole thread on this earlier in the year as well bashing MU's academics for the team.

Who cares? I bet the MU players don't spend a lot of time on the Badger boards.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 03:58:03 PM »
Who cares? I bet the MU players don't spend a lot of time on the Badger boards.

You're probably right, but I'll bet a-holes like Tom Oates and jagoffs on sports radio in Wisconsin do.  Since some of those people actually have a following, I'd like it if MU tries to be current on this stuff to nip that crap in the bud.

Just sayin

🏀

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 04:15:30 PM »
Erik Williams with Criminology. Nice.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 04:17:10 PM »
You're probably right, but I'll bet a-holes like Tom Oates and jagoffs on sports radio in Wisconsin do.  Since some of those people actually have a following, I'd like it if MU tries to be current on this stuff to nip that crap in the bud.

Just sayin

You're absolutely right. No reason other than laziness for MU not to stay on these things.

Haters are gonna hate, but letting old info stay on there just fuels it that much more.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 04:56:22 PM »
You're absolutely right. No reason other than laziness for MU not to stay on these things.

Haters are gonna hate, but letting old info stay on there just fuels it that much more.

Yup.  People can go into this bunker mentality like "who cares what others think", but that's being naive as hell.  It does matter.  Why provide ammunition?  With the sports media and other influencers in such lock step formation with Wisconsin-madison, with the distrust and skeptical eye on MU as a private school, as a Catholic school, as an urban school, we should care.  It's an electronic age now and information spreads quickly.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 05:14:18 PM »
Very odd cheer, and probably worse when some MU fans chanted it back without knowing what the heck they were talking about.  Also threw in something about ND players being virgins, kind of silly.  What was funny was when ND started chanting what's your major and my wife turned to me and said, "that doesn't make any sense, it's not like we are Cincinnati."

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 05:45:15 PM »
what is professional communication?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 06:08:21 PM »
Yup.  People can go into this bunker mentality like "who cares what others think", but that's being naive as hell.  It does matter.  Why provide ammunition? 

LOL... hilarious coming from you!!!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 06:09:34 PM »
Yup.  People can go into this bunker mentality like "who cares what others think", but that's being naive as hell.  It does matter.  Why provide ammunition?  With the sports media and other influencers in such lock step formation with Wisconsin-madison, with the distrust and skeptical eye on MU as a private school, as a Catholic school, as an urban school, we should care.  It's an electronic age now and information spreads quickly.

While I agree that giving opponents free albeit phony ammunition due to negligence is stupid and lazy, I think you have the bunker mentality thing backwards. Not caring what the morons say about you is hardly an example of a bunker mentality. Thinking everyone is out to get you (because you're private, Catholic, urban, etc.), now that's a prescription for developing a bunker mentality. I'm not saying that some of it's not justified, but I do think worrying about what the bigots and the uninformed think of you is largely a waste of time.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 06:28:40 PM »
Marquette just added an "Agriucultural Journalism" major. 

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 06:36:27 PM »
Very unprofessional for Marquette not to have that stuff up to date. Shows poor oversight

Agricultural Journalism! reminds me of the crop reports and quotes on bologna bulls i used to hear on the radio

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 06:47:19 PM »
LOL... hilarious coming from you!!!

I don't represent the university, nor am I an official university publication.  So it's a big difference Bee Jay, I'd expect you to understand that.

Nevertheless, I remain squirmy on Newbill and other actions and nothing I've heard behind the scenes or "officially" has changed my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 06:49:58 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 06:49:07 PM »
While I agree that giving opponents free albeit phony ammunition due to negligence is stupid and lazy, I think you have the bunker mentality thing backwards. Not caring what the morons say about you is hardly an example of a bunker mentality. Thinking everyone is out to get you (because you're private, Catholic, urban, etc.), now that's a prescription for developing a bunker mentality. I'm not saying that some of it's not justified, but I do think worrying about what the bigots and the uninformed think of you is largely a waste of time.

Then that means the bigots and uninformed remain status quo.  I'd rather lead them to water and educate them on the truth of the matter instead of them continuing to think information is correct, when it clearly wasn't.