Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: For Those Who Wrote Cadougan Off: You Know Who You Are  (Read 12916 times)

willie warrior

• All American
For Those Who Wrote Cadougan Off: You Know Who You Are
« on: January 19, 2011, 07:03:29 AM »
Pretty good line on him last night:
4 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals, 1 TO (and the TO was when he was double teamed and nobody came up to help)

Since BEast play begun, he has best Assist/TO average: 20 assists and 6 TO's for the Warriors.

Yes, he is not shooting/scoring well, but that is not his role--he is a distributo, and he is doing that along with playing good D and energy.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

GGGG

• All American
Re: For Those Who Wrote Cadougan Off: You Know Who You Are
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 07:05:08 AM »
Yes, he is a nice backup PG at this point.  Buycks is still better.

DCWarriors04

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 07:12:27 AM »
Buycks better offensively but prone to the stupid mental mistake...Cadougan appears to have the makings of a good floor general.

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 07:19:59 AM »
Buycks is better, but I'm glad Cadougan is finally starting to show flashes of brilliance along with consistency. Cadougan had one drive in particular where he blew past two defenders and finished himself. Granted Depaul's defense was nonexistent for most of the night, but it is plays like those that make me think we will be fine next year.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 07:23:49 AM »
Buycks is also much better defensively.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 07:37:14 AM »
Junior can be trusted with the ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 07:43:52 AM »
Hey, something positive from Willie and something I agree with.   Yes, Cadougan is playing better.   He finally looks healed.    He needs to hit a J, but so does Blue.   I am not worried about him as our pg next year, assuming that he improves over the next 15 like has over the last 15.     Solid.    BEast numbers:  115 minutes, 21 assists, 6 turnovers. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 07:48:20 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 08:20:15 AM »
DB is better, but he's a senior.  JC is a soph (frosh?) and is giving us good minutes.  I'm glad we've got both of them on the team.

BTW - kudos to those who suggested that DB might have a marked improvement from last year to this.  Its certainly turning out to be the case.
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 08:22:09 AM »
Hasn't shown that he's a BE starting lead guard yet. Maybe he has it in him and maybe he doesn't. Can he hit Lake Michigan if he's standing on Bradford Beach?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Norm

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 08:33:18 AM »
They only put Cadougan down for 1 turnover last night? He had a t least two in the last minute and a half in garbage time. I think he is coming along well and is improving. Hopefully he works on his shot in the off season so he can pose at least a shred of an offensive threat next year.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 08:34:40 AM »
he's a good role player.  gotta have a few of those.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 08:40:36 AM »
he's a good role player.  gotta have a few of those.

Agreed. He is an excellent compliment to Buycks. The two of them make a pretty decent PG combo.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 08:44:36 AM »
Junior's nickname:  THE FINISHER.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 09:15:41 AM »
Junior's most impressive thing last night was his rebounding. Some of those boards were tough, and he fought hard for them. After one of them he attempted a pathetic layup that was followed by an equally pathetic fulce put-back layup attempt, but he definitely has a warrior's mentality. I think Dwill next year will play with the same intensity as Junior. He strikes me as that type of player

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 09:16:03 AM »
I know I'm one of the Scoopers who "wrote Cadougan off," or at very least was skeptical as to his contributions to the team this year.  I'd say he is progressing and showing some flashes of being a Big East caliber PG.  He did play tough last night, battled for some rebounds, and in general showed good competitveness.  

Junior still has a ways to go, but for a sophomore, I'm encouraged by what he's shown the last few games.  
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 09:20:07 AM »
Junior's game has steadily improved this year.  He played with more confidence last night.  Still needs to work on his offense.  He has a tendency to dribble high at times which is worrisome.  He lost one turnover from his high dribble last night.  Dwight Buycks has stepped up his game this year as a ball handler, scorer and leader.  He is definitely our best point guard.  Love to watch how athletic Buycks plays.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 09:23:53 AM »
I wrote him off, I will be the first to say he is doing better, but not enough for a change in my thinking.

Long way to go, but it is a start.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 09:27:15 AM »
Those that wrote off Junior are the same one that said Buzz ruined DJO by not starting him earlier this season.

They are same ones that complain Ox does get more of Outle's time.

They are the same one that think Buycks stinks

They are the same ones that complained about Crowder's playing time after the Wisconsin game (he was getting too much).

They are the same one's that worried that Vander would be "one and done."

They are the same one's that thought Ewill would be "two and done"

They are the same one's that thought Jamil Jones would be the Freshman that would get the most amount of playing time.

They are the same one's that want Buzz to mandate 100 FT a day in practice (even though we are above average FT% team).

---

This is why I have repeatedly asked the mods to start and investment board.  You would be very wealthy doing the opposite of what is questionable thinking around here.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 09:39:23 AM »
Junior will be fine. He's still more or less a freshman in basketball experience. His shot will come along.

What encourages me lately is he's been excellent defensively. Definitely coming around.

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 10:15:58 AM »
Comments from Buzz at post game presser....

"I think Junior's beginning to change our team on both ends of the floor -- he's just always in the middle of everything."

Seems that Buzz had/has not written him off....

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 10:24:12 AM »
Not sure if I'd say excellent defensively, but certainly much better than late last year/early this year.  He's been doing a better job of staying in front of his man - aside from one DePaul basket that they replayed last night where he was shaken off at the top of the key and the player drove for an easy layup past Fulce.

I suspect the defense is key to him playing big minutes.  He's got a great eye for fast breaks, and the main downside to our offense when he's in there is just that he isn't personally much of a scorer, yet.  The slashing will come as he gets better finishing in traffic.  Jump shots, who knows.

Steve Buscemi

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 10:27:02 AM »
I was really impressed last night... Depaul is getting 8 steals per game and he only turned it over once in the 21 mins he played.  Really, the only time I was worried when he had the ball was the last 1:20 when our 5 included EWill, JJones and Frozena.
"I work out twice a day, six days a week and on Sunday I go to church."  -John Dawson

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 10:33:56 AM »
Those that wrote off Junior are the same one that said Buzz ruined DJO by not starting him earlier this season.

They are same ones that complain Ox does get more of Outle's time.

They are the same one that think Buycks stinks

They are the same ones that complained about Crowder's playing time after the Wisconsin game (he was getting too much).

They are the same one's that worried that Vander would be "one and done."

They are the same one's that thought Ewill would be "two and done"

They are the same one's that thought Jamil Jones would be the Freshman that would get the most amount of playing time.

They are the same one's that want Buzz to mandate 100 FT a day in practice (even though we are above average FT% team).

---

This is why I have repeatedly asked the mods to start and investment board.  You would be very wealthy doing the opposite of what is questionable thinking around here.
Wow--based on what you just posted, you have basically said everyone is the same on this board.  Then how do you explain such diverse opinions on so many issues here?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 10:41:52 AM »
Wow--based on what you just posted, you have basically said everyone is the same on this board.  Then how do you explain such diverse opinions on so many issues here?

That's easy ... If an issue has multiple explanations (like Junior's ability to get on the floor), the negative option is always chosen (i.e., he stinks).  If their are multiple negative options, then the one that portrays Buzz in the least favorable light will be chosen (i.e., Buzz is handling him wrong which is why he stinks).

This is why most of the analysis around here is wrong.  It's not analysis.  It's emotional convulsions pretending to be analysis.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 11:05:02 AM »
Gotta like Jr's distribution and assist/TO ratio. What I'm really happy about is that it seems I no longer have to cringe when he's at the line -looks smoother lately and the results show it. I suppose he's probably been practicing at least 100 FT's a day.

feedback