Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Well, at least UW-madison won't beat #16 Illinois with their traditional players  (Read 17229 times)

karavotsos

• All American
I think Buzz is a good coach and I think we have some very good players, the problem is that at this level everyone's a good coach and has very good players.  It's often the team that plays smarter and executes that wins the games.   I do not care for how Wisconsin plays basketball, but at the end of the day they get results. 

I think Bo Ryan is a better coach and has less skilled players than we do but they still end up having tremendous results.  Yes, that's frustrating on many levels.

Disagree.  Cronin is not a good coach, to name 1.  There are years when players are not good; people told me last year that Kemba Walker and Jerome Dyson were not good guards.  Disagree that WI gets results. 

You did not answer the question regarding the loss at MSU.  Disagree that WI gets "tremendous" results.  Regarding the best team the past 10 years, MU is the only team with a Final 4 appearance in the last 10 years.  Disagree that you do not care for how WI plays, or you would not compliment them so much.   Really disagree that Bo is better than Buzz.  I think Buzz sees the season as a process of going to work every day.  Bo wants players who have the system learned to win on day 1.  I vote for Buzz on that.  Keep learning and getting better.  Don't peak in December.

Also, I think you are doing a disservice to Leuer and Taylor especially by calling them less skilled.  Nankovil also.  Very good players. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Disagree.  Cronin is not a good coach, to name 1.  There are years when players are not good; people told me last year that Kemba Walker and Jerome Dyson were not good guards.  Disagree that WI gets results.  

You did not answer the question regarding the loss at MSU.  Disagree that WI gets "tremendous" results.  Regarding the best team the past 10 years, MU is the only team with a Final 4 appearance in the last 10 years.  Disagree that you do not care for how WI plays, or you would not compliment them so much.   Really disagree that Bo is better than Buzz.  I think Buzz sees the season as a process of going to work every day.  Bo wants players who have the system learned to win on day 1.  I vote for Buzz on that.  Keep learning and getting better.  Don't peak in December.

Also, I think you are doing a disservice to Leuer and Taylor especially by calling them less skilled.  Nankovil also.  Very good players.  

Go back through the years and see how often I compliment Wisconsin....not very much.  I think Bo Ryan is a complete jagoff for a number of reasons.  I don't care for their style at all.

You don't agree they get results?  WTF?  Then you must really be pissed off at how we do.

What have they done this last decade beside go to the NCAAs every year, win several Big Ten titles, several Big Ten Tournament titles, win more NCAA games then us, win more games than us, win more head to head games than us, win more conference titles than us, win more conference tourney games than us, win more conference tournament titles than us.   I'd hate to see how you describe our results.  Whoa.

I think Leuer is a very good player as is Taylor and Nankivil can be at times.  But when you compare who we have brought into our program vs theirs in the last decade in terms of quality and quantity, it's not close.  Half the problem is that a lot of our guys have left while only a few have left that program.

I really don't get your December comments either.  In order to win a Big Ten tournament title, don't you have to be playing well in March?  In the last five years they have gone to the Big Ten tourney title game twice and won it all once.  They've won over 30 games twice in the last five years.  The last time they were one and done in the NCAAs....2006.  They have consistently played very good basketball at the end of the season with the exception of 2006, on average winning 8 of their final 10 regular season games.  Let's not let facts get in the way.

Please explain what results mean to you because I'm puzzled to find what they could possibly be.

Finally on MSU, yup...Wisconsin choked that game.  I wonder how many chokes they've had in the last 3 years?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 01:29:37 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

MarquetteFan94

• All American
Well Krav, you didn't really say that, you brought in the racist charge and tried to be cute with it and said you weren't really saying it but just kind of throwing it out there to see if you can score some kind of points.  That was B.S.

I think Buzz is a good coach and I think we have some very good players, the problem is that at this level everyone's a good coach and has very good players.  It's often the team that plays smarter and executes that wins the games.   I do not care for how Wisconsin plays basketball, but at the end of the day they get results. 

I think Bo Ryan is a better coach and has less skilled players than we do but they still end up having tremendous results.  Yes, that's frustrating on many levels.

Yet again, what was the  point of you starting this thread?  Clearly you get enough attention....at least here...no?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Example number 10,000....you could say this about many threads here, I don't recall you, Lenny or a few others ever saying that about any of those threads.  I wonder why?  Wait, no I don't.  We know exactly why you don't get upset when others do it.  Carry on with selective outrage.
What a load of crap. This thread has sweet-f-all to do with Marquette basketball. What, going to argue that a UW win helps our RPI? Please. All this is is an example of kicking MU fans when they're down. And as it comes from a fellow MU fan, it's more than a bit out-of-line and simply unnecessary.

I too remember a day when people said "that's so gay" but it was always clearly a derogatory remark based on homosexuality. In those days, this entire thread would have gotten that label. Today, we'd probably just call it lame. In 20 years, that'll probably be too insensitive to the legless.

But for now, Chicos, I'm calling it lame. As I said before, please stop. None of this is relevant to the loss at hand.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Lennys Tap

• All American
Example number 10,000....you could say this about many threads here, I don't recall you, Lenny or a few others ever saying that about any of those threads.  I wonder why?  Wait, no I don't.  We know exactly why you don't get upset when others do it.  Carry on with selective outrage.

Nobody is picking on you. Stop whining. Be a man, look in the mirror and face the fact that you bring this on yourself. You beg for attention then b*tch when a good deal of it is negative. The reason you are called out more than others is simple - you ask for it more often, and in a uniquely annoying style. You have said "I don't come here (to MU Scoop) to make friends". That's too bad, but that kind of an attitude has consequences.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Make sure to get some racist comments in there, too, Lenny....it wouldn't be complete without you agreeing with the poster making those original accusations.   I hope to be a man like you, where you lie on this board about people, accuse people of being racists, etc. 

Very man like, we should all aspire to be such men like you.   ::)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 11:42:45 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!

Lennys Tap

• All American
Make sure to get some racist comments in there, too, Lenny....it wouldn't be complete without you agreeing with the poster making those original accusations.   I hope to be a man like you, where you lie on this board about people, accuse people of being racists, etc. 

Very man like, we should all aspire to be such men like you.   ::)

Easy there, big fella. Nobody has accused you of being a racist. As a matter of fact, Karavotsos (the poster with whom I agreed) specifically said he DID NOT think of you as racist, but as someone who gets off on making ignorant and inflammatory statements. I agreed, though I will stipulate that the ignorance componant is unintentional (not the inflammatory part though). But keep playing the race card - anything to cement your status as victim. That bunker must be getting lonely.

Jay Bee

• All American
Why did you bring up race at all, it has nothing to do with race but I'm not surprised at all you went there.  I would do anything to have 12 Wesley Matthews on this team, can you tell me what race he is? 

This sure sounds like the old, "but dudes, I have a black friend, so I'm not racist!!"  Chicos, you read a lot of things that aren't there...

...although the reality is, as you admit and continue to bring up, you'd be feel less squeamish if Marquette had a traditional player in the lineup in place of one of our basketball-second JUCOs.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Lennys Tap

• All American
what's with all the House photos?

My last name is House. The photos are either a lame attempt at humor or evidence that Chicos stalking is getting out of hand. Depends on your point of view. He frequently uses the creepy "I know who you are" tactic to annoy and/or piss people off. Just another example of Chicos being Chicos.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
Not going to call you a racist because the ignorant and inflammatory statements could be attributed any number of factors, including my guess which is you just get off on making ignorant and inflammatory statements. 

Absolutely out of line. I'm not going to call the poster a moron because his use of the race card could be attributed to any number of factors. But if I were to speculate..... he's probably a moron.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
This sure sounds like the old, "but dudes, I have a black friend, so I'm not racist!!"  Chicos, you read a lot of things that aren't there...

...although the reality is, as you admit and continue to bring up, you'd be feel less squeamish if Marquette had a traditional player in the lineup in place of one of our basketball-second JUCOs.

I read a lot of things that aren't there....please...his comments were totally out of line.  We play some dumb basketball at times and that cannot be denied.  I don't care how people look, smell, how long their hair is, what color their skin or eyes are.  Never have and never will...I don't with my hiring practices, my promotion practices and I certainly don't with the teams I follow. 

I don't know how to read his comments any other way, they were way out of line.

Of course, this same clown was the one that said UW-madison doesn't get results and plays their best basketball in December not in March, so based on those total fallacies I should take him with a grain of salt.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
My last name is House. The photos are either a lame attempt at humor or evidence that Chicos stalking is getting out of hand. Depends on your point of view. He frequently uses the creepy "I know who you are" tactic to annoy and/or piss people off. Just another example of Chicos being Chicos.

so post some hot lesbian photos back at him.   ;D

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
what's with all the House photos?

House's motto is Everyone Lies.  Considering how much Lenny's tendency is to do just that with what people say or his blatantly false accusations, it's a perfect fit.

Jay Bee

• All American

Hahah... wuzz goooodd!!!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Exactly

Although something tells me Lenny might like this pair instead

GGGG

• All American

Chicos relishes being the victim.

Seriously, I have tried to defend him before because I agree with a number of points, but his self-victimization is just so annoying.  He's like a little kid that throws sticks at his older brother, and when the older brother finally punches him, goes running to mommy...

Lennys Tap

• All American

Seriously, I have tried to defend him before because I agree with a number of points, but his self-victimization is just so annoying.  He's like a little kid that throws sticks at his older brother, and when the older brother finally punches him, goes running to mommy...

I've spent (wasted?) thousands of words on the guy and you summed him up better in one sentence than I ever could.

GOMU1104

• All American

There is a spot waiting for this post in the Message Board Hall of Fame.  Well done.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Nah....I just don't appreciate being called a racist when I'm not and you better damn well bet I'm going to bellow an objection to that.  Nor am I going to put up with House's constant lies without calling him on it either...by the way House, it's three sentences, not one....maybe you should go back to that 5th grade math commentary you had the other day and learn to count.

No self-victimization either, it is what is it and has proven time and again.  It depends WHO says it, not WHAT is said and that's been the case here for a long time.  If I felt like a victim, I wouldn't come back.  What's the point?  None.

GOMU...maybe you can attend the Hall of Fame Message Board induction here for the very message board you despise.  That would be cool.  LOL.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
You're smarter than this.

So are you, or at least I thought.  No one ever said Gasser was the end all answer.  It all started with a very simple question on why we didn't even offer the kid.  From there, well it became a life of it's own.

Jay Bee

• All American
Margaret says, "behave!"

GOMU1104

• All American
So are you, or at least I thought.  No one ever said Gasser was the end all answer.  It all started with a very simple question on why we didn't even offer the kid.  From there, well it became a life of it's own.

You caused that to happen, my friend.

BTW...You are twisting words around. Dont you usually chastise posters for doing the same thing to you?

Tradition is...18% from beyond the arc.

🏀

• All American
Can you guys make a resolution to keep your bitch fights into one thread? It's getting to the point where this bickering is making Scoop itself crapty.

For the sake of MUScoop, quit acting like a bunch of 7th grade girls and grow up.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks

+1

I've said before and in this thread that I generally like Chicos. But stuff like this is ridiculous. What place does this thread have in this forum? What point does it's creation serve other than to rile up Marquette fans? And what is more galling than knowing that the person rubbing salt into your wounds supports the same team you do. I've brought this general point up twice in here and been conveniently ignored by the thread-starter. I don't know if it's because he doesn't have an answer or because I have made decent rational points without making personal attacks so he doesn't know how to respond.

Come on, Chicos, is there really any rational need for this thread or argument? Especially in the emotional wake of one of the biggest choke jobs in NCAA history?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.