Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by MUDPT
[Today at 07:05:44 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jamil Wilson on the bench  (Read 6703 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Jamil Wilson on the bench
« on: January 03, 2011, 01:03:32 AM »
One thing I've noticed this year is that Jamil Wilson has been the biggest cheerleader of this team during games from the bench. I love it. He gets more into it than Frozena does. Always pumping up the crowd and is always the 1st 1 to greet the team. And he's always dressed very well. I realize that sitting on the bench during a redshirt year much different than being on the floor and playing with intensity and emotion, but everything people say about him is that he has all the talent, athleticism, and potential in the world but lacks in intensity and oftentimes looks uninterested in the game. His attitude on the bench this season has been really great to see in my opinion. Can't wait to see him in a Marquette uniform. (It's also crazy to see how tall he is in huddles/the line for the National Anthem...significantly taller than Butler and easily the 2nd tallest player behind O'Tule, who he looks literally within a half an inch of.)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 01:06:30 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
Re: Jamil Wilson on the bench
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 01:07:14 AM »
I noticed the same thing. He was often the last guy to leave the huddle after time outs, always the first one on the court to celebrate a big play.

style too. Loved the argyle sweater (it was completely overshadowed by buzz's 3 piece however)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 01:33:06 AM »
His attitude on the bench this season has been really great to see in my opinion.

Agreed 100%.  The kid is downright excited for his teammates when good things happen.  I've seen people here downplay his freshman numbers at Oregon.  However if he can bring the same intensity playing next year that he brings from the bench this year (after 1 year of Div 1 playing, and second year of Div 1 practice), I'm excited to see him in an MU uniform.

I'd love to get a practice report about Wilson, I've got to imagine he's making our "playing" roster better (read Butler, Crowder, Otule, Williams, Gardner, Jones)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 01:42:52 AM »
I noticed this same thing when watching the WVU game. I love it.

Also agree with Rocky that Id like to here how hes doing in practice in terms of himself and helping the team get game ready.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 06:08:12 AM »
Yeah---love the sweaters he sports. And he sure looks like he is into the game, especially when we go on a run. We will need him next year to step in for Butler and not miss a beat.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 07:34:13 AM »
I heard he's unhappy about his lack of playing time and is considering a transfer.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 07:49:53 AM »
He does not lack intensity on the floor. However, he is the same of many of Buzz's recruits. he wants to play on the outside instead of banging on the inside. In Pro Am he was content with playing point guard. His ability to make pinpoint passes to players underneath the basket was amazing. He is the best passer on the team. I am not sure how good he would be bringing the ball up court in against real defenses, but he was okay in the Pro Am. The point is many here are hoping he can play power forward, but he thinks he is a point guard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 08:06:24 AM »
Yeah---love the sweaters he sports. And he sure looks like he is into the game, especially when we go on a run. We will need him next year to step in for Butler and not miss a beat.

He was one of the guys who helped carry off Joe Fulce after his knee injuries a few weeks back.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 08:07:36 AM »
I didn't see Dave Singleton on the bench on New Year's morning.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 08:13:51 AM »
Duhhh, I want to start a new topic on this board, but don't know how.  Anyone help me?
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

OhioGoldenEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 08:52:28 AM »
I didn't see Dave Singleton on the bench on New Year's morning.
I noticed that as well.  Sick?  If he left the program, I'm sure we would have found out by now.  Further, with Reggie Smith now gone, there is automatically more of a need for PG play next year, so he is actually sittin' better now than when he commited.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 08:56:08 AM »
I heard he's unhappy about his lack of playing time and is considering a transfer.

Nice.

Based on what you guys posted here in the summer sessions I hope Jamil can slide right into Jimmy's position and score. Marquette is going to be really tough these next few years....as long as our gaurds develop a 3 point shot.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 09:01:18 AM »
It will be interesting to see what Wilson's height officially is.  Hopefully, he may now be 6'8 or 6'9".  When are the players officially measured?

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 09:03:25 AM »
It will be interesting to see what Wilson's height officially is.  Hopefully, he may now be 6'8 or 6'9".  When are the players officially measured?

When they try out for the NBA.  Before then, height numbers are fiction.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 09:22:42 AM »
Duhhh, I want to start a new topic on this board, but don't know how.  Anyone help me?

Fromt he main page of Hanging at the Al, click New Topic, which is one of several buttons just above the main body of stuff on right. 

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 09:29:58 AM »
He does not lack intensity on the floor. However, he is the same of many of Buzz's recruits. he wants to play on the outside instead of banging on the inside. In Pro Am he was content with playing point guard. His ability to make pinpoint passes to players underneath the basket was amazing. He is the best passer on the team. I am not sure how good he would be bringing the ball up court in against real defenses, but he was okay in the Pro Am. The point is many here are hoping he can play power forward, but he thinks he is a point guard.

I think we've already witnessed this season how little the Pro-Am play should enter a mind when composing an opinion on the talent/potential of a player.

Lot of high expectations coming out of July lead to some deflated realities for certain bench warmers.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 09:46:17 AM »
If Juan is really undergoing a growth spurt (per another thread via a tweet I think), we could actually have some size next year.   Nothing wrong with having 6'7/6'8 ball handlers.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 10:20:44 AM »
Fromt he main page of Hanging at the Al, click New Topic, which is one of several buttons just above the main body of stuff on right. 
Correct me if I"m wrong Wild Bill, but I think WildBill's post was sarcasm.  This is a post about Jamil Wilson and MUPanther brings in Dave Singleton.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 10:29:02 AM »
Correct me if I"m wrong Wild Bill, but I think WildBill's post was sarcasm.  This is a post about Jamil Wilson and MUPanther brings in Dave Singleton.

At least he didn't bring up Crean or Newbill.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 10:41:46 AM »
At least he didn't bring up Crean or Newbill.

Not yet. 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 03:40:26 PM »
Correct me if I"m wrong Wild Bill, but I think WildBill's post was sarcasm.  This is a post about Jamil Wilson and MUPanther brings in Dave Singleton.
Ya, I did. I didn't think it needed a new topic. This board has way to many topic's about the same thing.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 04:07:19 PM »

Have you no respect man?? too soon! :P

Um, sorry fellas, I was disappointed in JDubs choice of SV on Saturday due to the use of the color orange.... get some dandelion-yellow and then we'll talk. ;) it is good he is pumping up the team, from my view in the eagles' nest it is hard to see what anyone is doing on the far side o' the bench.

so where in the world is Dave Singleton?

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 04:56:44 PM »
As a walk-on not on scholarship, he probably was at home over Christmas?  He would be all alone this
week at MU as I am sure the students are all gone, now that would be fun?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 05:00:08 PM »
As a walk-on not on scholarship, he probably was at home over Christmas?  He would be all alone this
week at MU as I am sure the students are all gone, now that would be fun?

I'm guessing he isn't at home.  He's a walkon that isn't on scholarship, but so is Frozena.  He practices with the team just like all of the 13 (well, 12) guys on the roster do.  My guess is he is sick or something and was laying in bed at Humphry watching the game on TV.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 05:21:02 PM »
what did singleton tweet about the game?