collapse

* Recent Posts

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Plaque Lives Matter!
[June 16, 2024, 07:21:10 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by MU82
[June 16, 2024, 06:39:26 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Herman Cain
[June 16, 2024, 06:05:09 PM]

NBA green room by Skatastrophy
[June 16, 2024, 03:09:36 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 16, 2024, 02:42:15 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by We R Final Four
[June 16, 2024, 11:50:43 AM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: OT - B10 football once again proving it is second class when compared to the SEC  (Read 9778 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
0 and 4 today with MSU and UM getting destoyed by middle of the road SEC teams.  PSU losing by 14 to a Florida team that is so bad that Urban Meyer is bailing out.  Will Bucky make it a clean sweep?

Face reality B10 football fans, if SEC football is D1, B10 football is D1AA.

(If Auburn beats Oregon, this will be the fourth year in a row the NC is from the SEC.  Has 110 years of B10 football even produced four NCs?)

And face reality B10 basketball fans, if BE basketball is D1, B10 basketball is D1AA.

MarquetteDano

• All American
0 and 4 today with MSU and UM getting destoyed by middle of the road SEC teams.  PSU losing by 14 to a Florida team that is so bad that Urban Meyer is bailing out.  Will Bucky make it a clean sweep?

Face reality B10 football fans, if SEC football is D1, B10 football is D1AA.

I think you could say this about any conference outside of the SEC this year.  Whomever is second best, is a distant second from the SEC.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
but B10 fans are delusional enough to believe they belong on the same field with SEC teams.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
I think you could say this about any conference outside of the SEC this year.  Whomever is second best, is a distant second from the SEC.

The Pac Ten has a few teams that might differ.  Go Ducks against Auburn.  Go Stanford later tonight.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
The Pac Ten has a few teams that might differ.  Go Ducks against Auburn.  Go Stanford later tonight.
as you are fond of pointing out, you can't just compare the top teams from one conference against the top teams from another conference.   ;)

It's all or nothing.  In that circumstance, the SEC is head and shoulders above the Pac-10

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
as you are fond of pointing out, you can't just compare the top teams from one conference against the top teams from another conference.   ;)

It's all or nothing.  In that circumstance, the SEC is head and shoulders above the Pac-10

Actually, the Pac Ten CONFERENCE is ranked #1

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc10.htm

nyg

• All American

Don't stay up too late.  Stanford-Va. Tech is Monday night

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Don't stay up too late.  Stanford-Va. Tech is Monday night

LOL....damnit.  I'm old school, keep all these games on the 1st!!!

nyg

• All American
LOL....damnit.  I'm old school, keep all these games on the 1st!!!

Yeah.  Check the schedule, there is a game on almost everynight until 1/10/11.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Or not...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/conference

You do realize what you just posted is flawed....it includes the AP Poll rankings and the Harris poll.  To evaluate a COMPLETE conference you must evaluate EVERY team in that conference.  The AP and Harris polls only rate teams which get votes, not every team in the conference.  In other words, the AP poll may have 7 SEC teams ranked and 5 unranked.  They may have the 6 Pac Ten teams ranked and 4 not ranked, but where did the unranked teams rate?  They don't in the human polls.  So there is no "drag effect" using this method.

Now, saying all that....I just looked at the BCS computers, one has the Pac Ten first, two have the Big 12 first, two have the SEC first, another didn't list the conference ratings so who knows if that would even things out for the Pac Ten or give the Big 12 or SEC the nod.

Go Oregon!  Go Stanford!  Go TCU!

marquette99

• Starter
As an second football season ticket holder, we always consider a pac10 or b12 south team a much tougher opponent than a big 10 foe. We've been joking all along that michigan state could possibly be voted into the top 10 as another overrated b10 team.

I can see why delaney wants the conference realligned and why he trashed cam newton so badly with a clean program like osu.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
You do realize what you just posted is flawed....it includes the AP Poll rankings and the Harris poll.  To evaluate a COMPLETE conference you must evaluate EVERY team in that conference.  The AP and Harris polls only rate teams which get votes, not every team in the conference.  In other words, the AP poll may have 7 SEC teams ranked and 5 unranked.  They may have the 6 Pac Ten teams ranked and 4 not ranked, but where did the unranked teams rate?  They don't in the human polls.  So there is no "drag effect" using this method.

Now, saying all that....I just looked at the BCS computers, one has the Pac Ten first, two have the Big 12 first, two have the SEC first, another didn't list the conference ratings so who knows if that would even things out for the Pac Ten or give the Big 12 or SEC the nod.

Go Oregon!  Go Stanford!  Go TCU!
no I did not know that.  Glad the BCS  backed me up (sort of)  :P

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
I'd like to thank the Badger fans that came to So. Cal to spend their money and help our ridiculous economy.  Now go home...bye bye.

Nice job TCU!  4th win in 5 BCS bowl games by the non-auto qualifier.  Welcome to the Big East!

Coleman

• All American
I'd like to thank the Badger fans that came to So. Cal to spend their money and help our ridiculous economy.  Now go home...bye bye.

Nice job TCU!  4th win in 5 BCS bowl games by the non-auto qualifier.  Welcome to the Big East!

+1

GGGG

• All American

Now come on.  Don't be a dick about it.

Wisconsin played their game...TCU was just better.

MarquetteDano

• All American
Nice job TCU!  4th win in 5 BCS bowl games by the non-auto qualifier.  Welcome to the Big East!

Love seeing another BCS loss to a non-BCS school.  And I don't care that the Big East is part of the BCS in football.  And I don't care that TCU will soon be part of the BCS.

Bottom line for the BCS apologists... your BCS school just lost to yet another non-BCS school.  I am sure you will take solace in that you have more students in your school, or you would win a popularity contest, or your market is bigger, blah, blah.

YOU LOST!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 07:58:34 PM by MarquetteDano »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys

Now come on.  Don't be a dick about it.

Bah.  As an unfortunate taxpayer supporter of the UW system, Chicos, you have my permission to be a dick about it.

GGGG

• All American
Bah.  As an unfortunate taxpayer supporter of the UW system, Chicos, you have my permission to be a dick about it.

Hey, the UW System would gladly take less money to be released from the State's bureaucracy.  A good friend of mine who is one of the top people at UW-Whitewater, and also an MU alum, would talk your ear off about problems that the state gives UW.

marquette99

• Starter
+1 on tcu -getting the be into texas will be a boost for be football - the big loser tonight is texas, who kept tcu out of the b12

Even as a partisan sec fan, I will admit the sec east was terrible this year, and it is a very close call asto whether the pac10. B12 or second was the best overall. What any rational football fan can agree is that the b10 is not in the top 3, and may not have been since 2005.

However on chicos last point, all I can say is WAR EAGLE.  Sorry, I literally live 2 miles from auburn's stadium :-)

Hopefully uconn won't embarrass us tonight, because if they are respectable and the be finishes with another winning bowl record while signing up tcu, it gets pretty hard for delaney to rationally argue that the be doesn't belong in the bcs.

wesmat23

• Starter
  • Veezy V G.T.S.T
  :'( :'( :'( :'(
Can someone get this guy a tissue?? Anyone?? I didnt think so.

Teach Me
 How To
  Sucky

Ok. I watched the game. Yes, I saw how.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 08:10:24 PM by wesmat23 »

karavotsos

• All American
 :'( :'( :'( :'(
Can someone get this guy a tissue?? Anyone?? I didnt think so.

Show Me
How To
 Sucky

Ok. I watched the game. Yes, I saw how.

Plus one bajillion.  Anytime anyone from Wisconsin says anything ever all you have to say is, "2011 Rose Bowl."  The biggest game on a national holiday with everyone watching and you lose to TCU.  I feel bad for Eduardo Najera because he put on a great show at the Bradley Center during the NCAA tournament when he played for Oklahoma.  Then Oklahoma loses to Boise State in that Bowl Game, and that's all you remember Oklahoma for.  Not for Blake Griffin or Billy Tubbs or Najera or Calvin Sampson or Stacey King.  You hear Oklahoma, you say, 'Oh yeah.  They lost to Boise State.'"

Wisconsin.  That's the school that lost to TCU.  Branded.

GGGG

• All American
There is no shame in losing to TCU.  Wisconsin didn't lose because of a couple gadget plays.  They lost to a better team...that was favored.

MarquetteDano

• All American
There is no shame in losing to TCU.  Wisconsin didn't lose because of a couple gadget plays.  They lost to a better team...that was favored.

Agreed.  It is not like Wisconsin got blown out ala the Spartans did today.  It was a great game to watch.  TCU is for real.

ATWizJr

• All American

Plenty of embarassment.  I consider that the equivalent of shame.

feedback