[Today at 08:14:24 PM]

Incoming freshmen by tower912
[Today at 08:06:40 PM]

Ranking Big East Centers by The Equalizer
[Today at 05:10:01 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Hards Alumni
[Today at 05:06:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: OT - B10 football once again proving it is second class when compared to the SEC  (Read 9746 times)

wadesworld

• All American
wades...I'm a Wisconsin football fan who heard all of this crap from other Wisconsin fans, but they were just wrong.  TCU was a higher rated team that was favored by Vegas.  Just because Wisconsin fans were delusional about their team and/or ignorant about TCU, doesn't mean it was an embarrassing loss.

I mean, they lost to an undefeated #3 team in the country.  Nothing embarrassing about that.

Fair enough.  You're right that it's not embarrassing to lose to the #3 team in the country, but I don't think that TCU is truly the #3 team in the country.  I think they're a very good football team, no doubt about it, but I think that if they played in the SEC they would have about 4 losses.  They are good and beat who they could, but I don't think they're truly what they are ranked.

And as chicos said, I think if Wisconsin had run the ball and then run it some more, Wisconsin would have been the better football team.  Wisconsin did not have a good gameplan and still almost took that game into overtime.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
Not embarrassing in the sense they lost to the #3 team.  However, if I were a Badger fan I'd be screaming bloody murder why they didn't run the ball 80 times on Saturday.  I don't get it, but I'm not complaining.  Still chuckling in fact.

Then you haven't watched Wisconsin play much.  Wisconsin was fairly balanced but ran when the games were out of hand.  That run / pass mix was pretty typical in a close game.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Then you haven't watched Wisconsin play much.  Wisconsin was fairly balanced but ran when the games were out of hand.  That run / pass mix was pretty typical in a close game.

You're right, I don't watch them often by choice.  I get that there is a mix, but TCU also was a run dominated team yet they had the smarts to switch their attack against UW-madison.   The Badgers didn't do that.  They had a huge advantage on the line and chose not to exploit that.  Inexplicable in my opinion.

GGGG

• All American
You're right, I don't watch them often by choice.  I get that there is a mix, but TCU also was a run dominated team yet they had the smarts to switch their attack against UW-madison.   The Badgers didn't do that.  They had a huge advantage on the line and chose not to exploit that.  Inexplicable in my opinion.

Chicos, they had 67 offensive plays and ran on 46 of them.  They only had nine incomplete passes all game.  Not really a bad mix IMO

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Chicos, they had 67 offensive plays and ran on 46 of them.  They only had nine incomplete passes all game.  Not really a bad mix IMO

It's not just the mix, but what plays you call and when.   UW had close to 5 yards per carry while their pass per attempt was probably 6 or 7 yards.

As an example, 4th quarter you guys are trailing by only one possession, but BB has Tolzien throw on three straight plays, all incomplete.  Badgers forced to punt.  Next time Wisconsin gets the ball....10 play drive...9 of them rushes.  Totally blew TCU away.  I just don't understand why they didn't do that earlier.  I'm an absolute believer in mixing up plays, but when you have such a HUGE size advantage and three horses to carry the ball I don't get how their staff can throw the ball three straight times. 

NavinRJohnson

• All American
As an example, 4th quarter you guys are trailing by only one possession, but BB has Tolzien throw on three straight plays, all incomplete.  Badgers forced to punt.  Next time Wisconsin gets the ball....10 play drive...9 of them rushes.  Totally blew TCU away.  I just don't understand why they didn't do that earlier.  I'm an absolute believer in mixing up plays, but when you have such a HUGE size advantage and three horses to carry the ball I don't get how their staff can throw the ball three straight times.  

I completely agree. Even if TCU was stopping them earlier on, had they stuck with the run and kept pounding, they would have completely dominated the second half of that game. Classic case of a coach outsmarting himself. Barry Alvarez would have run the ball 'every time' from the get go and dared TCU to stop them. By the time the 4th Quarter rolled around, UW would have been beating them like a drum. They got a little too pass happy in the 2nd and 3rd (even start of the 4th) quarter. Difference in the game in my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 12:44:34 PM by NavinRJohnson »

Lennys Tap

• All American

As an example, 4th quarter you guys are trailing by only one possession, but BB has Tolzien throw on three straight plays 

Throwing the ball late in the 4th quarter worked so well for UW against Appalachian St and Indiana they thought they should try it again.

GGGG

• All American
Chicos...I'll agree to disagree, but never refer to UW as "mine" or anything of the sort.   ;D