Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wisconsin Predictions  (Read 9401 times)

GoMarquette32

• Team Captain
Wisconsin Predictions
« on: December 08, 2010, 07:41:49 PM »
since the prediction board hasnt been started. what do you think.
I think we win by ten. Wisco is not very good this year. there a one man team. and there too slow for mu.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Wisconsin Predictions
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 07:50:35 PM »
I like MU to win the game, I'll say by 6. I think Bucky finds a way to slow it down and keep it close, but we definitely get the win.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 02:53:38 PM »
Bucky's a piece of crappy roadkill.

MU GOING AWAY. Soar little eagle ... feast on your dinner of bloody badger. But don't gourge yourself, you may get sick!!

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 03:01:04 PM »
The Eagles will fly; the badgers will crawl.  MU by 12.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 03:08:25 PM »
63-46, MU.  Eagles will fly, badgers will die.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 03:09:22 PM »
Im a little concerned we may fall into there game and miss some shots, but i really think we win. It will be a tough game though and frustrating at times.

I hope I'm wrong and this turns into the Louisville game from last year, NOW THAT WAS FUN.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 06:06:14 PM »
UW 72 MU 50

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 06:20:37 PM »
UW 72 MU 50

Seriously? Wouldn't be surprised if UW won but 22 at home is a bit much. MU will struggle offensively but so will Wisconsin. 67-64 MU

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 06:41:42 PM »
MU shoots over 35% from 3... MU wins
MU shoots below 35% from 3... MU probably loses.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 06:46:33 PM »
Ugly game. Winner within 8 either way.

Steve Buscemi

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 06:52:17 PM »
"I work out twice a day, six days a week and on Sunday I go to church."  -John Dawson

82fanatic

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 06:56:48 PM »
UW 72 MU 50

Why,  is the football team coming to the BC?   

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 07:27:21 PM »
I wish I had some of your guys' confidence. If its close I'm going to have a heart attack either way. Last thing I want is it to come down to the last few minutes. I'm nervous as hell already and the game isn't for another 36 hours.  If the badgers blow us out, I'll be arrested for assault. Can we just get MU to crush the badgers? I wont feel so bad then

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 07:29:59 PM »

Wisconsin wins this game.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 07:32:36 PM »
Marquette wins in another close one.  I'm gonna go 62-58. Think our depth, quickness, athleticism cause UW enough problems that we are able to get some points in transition off of turnovers...though UW is very good at protecting the ball.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 07:36:21 PM »
I wish I had some of your guys' confidence. If its close I'm going to have a heart attack either way. Last thing I want is it to come down to the last few minutes. I'm nervous as hell already and the game isn't for another 36 hours.  If the badgers blow us out, I'll be arrested for assault. Can we just get MU to crush the badgers? I wont feel so bad then

AU,
The fact that posters are grasping for reasons that MU wins is evidence that they're concerned. Otule to check Leuer, really? Where can I get some of that action? The only shot MU has is because its on our homecourt. Reason enough to hope, but, the smart money is on Bucky.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 08:44:46 PM »

AU,
The fact that posters are grasping for reasons that MU wins is evidence that they're concerned. Otule to check Leuer, really? Where can I get some of that action? The only shot MU has is because its on our homecourt. Reason enough to hope, but, the smart money is on Bucky.

Grasping for reasons? How about this one, the badgers aren't that good away from the Kohl Center...

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 09:44:44 PM »
A "slow-moving white front" moving through Milwaukee does not just describe winter...It is the Badger basketball team this Saturday.  If Mu does not get trapped into a horrid slow-down half court yuck-fest, they should roll.  Badgers have two reliable scorers and V.Blue should be able to handle one of them.  MU has too much speed, pressure and athleticism...matchup problems will abound for the Sadgers.  MU 72 UW 64 but it will be a hard fought, good game and could be close until the final 5 minutes (not that 8 points is a blow out by any means).

Over/under on Bo Ryan complaining to the refs.....56.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 10:25:05 PM »
AU,

See, the thing is, Bucky's not that good!

They struggle to score, they aren't nearly as good a rebounding team as they've been in years past, they really aren't a very good team. Obviously I don't watch Bucky as closely as I do Marquette, but they were pedestrian against an awful Manhattan team, scoring 50 points (the fewest of a Manhattan opponent all year, including in UM wins), needed a big comeback against another not-very-good BC team, and positively looked bad against ND. What, we should be afraid because they thumped Milwaukee at home? I've said it before, we have our problems, but they have just as many if not more. Homecourt will get it done.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MUSig54

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 10:48:29 PM »
Guys. we have Gardner. We're good.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 12:03:07 AM »
See, the thing is, Bucky's not that good!

They struggle to score, they aren't nearly as good a rebounding team as they've been in years past, they really aren't a very good team. Obviously I don't watch Bucky as closely as I do Marquette, but they were pedestrian against an awful Manhattan team, scoring 50 points (the fewest of a Manhattan opponent all year, including in UM wins), needed a big comeback against another not-very-good BC team, and positively looked bad against ND. What, we should be afraid because they thumped Milwaukee at home? I've said it before, we have our problems, but they have just as many if not more. Homecourt will get it done.

Yet they should have beaten ND despite how poorly they played.  BC isn't as bad as you portray them.  They crushed NC State who took the Cuse to the wire last week.

I agree that Wisconsin is not as good as they have been, but they are not as bad as you portray them.

We play too inconsistently ( as do the Vadgers ) for anyone to be overly confident in this game.

No result would surprise me in this one.

Go MU!!

mug644

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 12:21:44 AM »

Go MU!!

That's exactly how I feel. Could be a blowout either way, could be an 8-10 point win either way, and could be a nail biter that goes either way.

I am confident, though, that the team that scores the most points is likely to win.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2010, 06:59:50 AM »
Game will be determined by FT's and will be down to the wire in the low 60's.  Both teams are tough match-ups for each other.  MU has no one that can stay with Leuer, but he is not great at creating his own shot.  So, the key for MU is cutting off Bucky's guards--specifically Taylor.  Wisconsin is very efficient and doesn't foul much (except for the ND game), is a better trey shooting team.  If MU speeds up the game and utilizes our quickness, we win.

So, which zebras will be in the house?  Guessing Hightower, Burr and X.  Higgins reffed the last MU game so he may be out.  
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 09:32:23 AM by Dr. Blackheart »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2010, 07:31:05 AM »

Yet they should have beaten ND despite how poorly they played.  BC isn't as bad as you portray them.  They crushed NC State who took the Cuse to the wire last week.

I agree that Wisconsin is not as good as they have been, but they are not as bad as you portray them.

We play too inconsistently ( as do the Vadgers ) for anyone to be overly confident in this game.

Go MU!!

Crushed NCSTATE, who hung with Cuse  who crushed Sparty.....Wolfpack had a bad night on the road.     MU wins becaseu of homecourt.    So far, the Badgers haven't done piddly away form the Kohl.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2010, 09:03:37 AM »
I do believe that NC State was missing one of their top players too.