collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:41:27 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: OT Bye Bye home field, Bye Bye playoff chances for GB  (Read 6969 times)

nomorebuycks

• Scholarship Player
OT Bye Bye home field, Bye Bye playoff chances for GB
« on: November 28, 2010, 02:53:21 PM »
It's literally impossible now for GB to get home field, and the rest of the season is pretty much meaningless now since they have zero shot at a Super Bowl appearance.  The game vs Atlanta was of HUGE importance...set up the entire rest of the season...but too many fans are so focused on the struggles of Favre that they won't even realize Green Bay can't accomplish anything of note now.

Coleman

• All American
Re: OT Bye Bye home field, Bye Bye playoff chances for GB
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 02:57:33 PM »
The idiocy of your views on MU actually give me some peace of mind reading this as a Green Bay fan.

Also... please superbar this mods
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 03:00:16 PM by Victor McCormick »

chren21

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 03:06:18 PM »
They just proved to me they can beat anyone in the league, especially on the road.  Did you watch the game?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 03:15:04 PM »
It's literally impossible now for GB to get home field, and the rest of the season is pretty much meaningless now since they have zero shot at a Super Bowl appearance.  The game vs Atlanta was of HUGE importance...set up the entire rest of the season...but too many fans are so focused on the struggles of Favre that they won't even realize Green Bay can't accomplish anything of note now.

Green Bay is a fine football team.  I'll remind you that there have been more than a few teams that have gone and won the Super Bowl without having home field. 

I wouldn't count out the Packers at all.  They look to be one of the three best NFC teams out there along with Atlanta and Philly.  Honestly thought GBP should have won today.  The Rodgers fumble was a killer....14 point swing.

It's wide open in the NFC and Green Bay will not be intimidated by anyone.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 04:24:59 PM »
It's literally impossible now for GB to get home field,

No it isn't.

and the rest of the season is pretty much meaningless now since they have zero shot at a Super Bowl appearance. 

Not true on either count.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 05:05:20 PM »
Nomorebuycks as really stumbled and fallen through the muscoop door here.

The season isnt over so there's no reason to jump yet. The team is 7-4. There are 5 games to go and 11-5 or 10-6 is a reasonable expectation. And though the NFC South and East are pretty tight at the top, Packers could still get to the playoffs.

All things considered, with the amount of injuries the packers have had to key players, I'm pretty satisfied with how things are turning out.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 07:25:29 AM »
It's literally impossible now for GB to get home field,

I like your confidence in the Bears.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

groove

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 07:55:11 AM »

i love the ignore button

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 08:02:02 AM »
Green Bay is a fine football team.  I'll remind you that there have been more than a few teams that have gone and won the Super Bowl without having home field. 

I wouldn't count out the Packers at all.  They look to be one of the three best NFC teams out there along with Atlanta and Philly.  Honestly thought GBP should have won today.  The Rodgers fumble was a killer....14 point swing.

It's wide open in the NFC and Green Bay will not be intimidated by anyone.

You know the Bears beat GB and just dominated Philly yesterday, right? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Bears are the best team in the NFC but to not even put them in the top 3, especially considering they beat 2 of your top 3 doesn't make much sense.

That being said, the Bears still have to play at Detroit, New England, NY Jets, at Minnesota and at GB. The season is far from over.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 03:54:21 PM »
You know the Bears beat GB and just dominated Philly yesterday, right? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Bears are the best team in the NFC but to not even put them in the top 3, especially considering they beat 2 of your top 3 doesn't make much sense.

That being said, the Bears still have to play at Detroit, New England, NY Jets, at Minnesota and at GB. The season is far from over.

Yup.  Call me very surprised with yesterday's win, too.  I'm not a believer in the Bears this year, but they are making it more and more difficult to say that. 

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 05:20:51 PM »

Bears don't have too many quality wins under their belt. Beat the Packers in week three and Philly yesterday but besides that they've beaten Detroit, Dallas, Buffalo, Carolina and Minnesota -Terrible teams. The Dolphins are hot and cold. Losses to the Giants, Seattle and Washington indicate the Bears aren't their yet. Those team's are amazing.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 06:17:27 PM »
Bears don't have too many quality wins under their belt. Beat the Packers in week three and Philly yesterday but besides that they've beaten Detroit, Dallas, Buffalo, Carolina and Minnesota -Terrible teams. The Dolphins are hot and cold. Losses to the Giants, Seattle and Washington indicate the Bears aren't their yet. Those team's are amazing.

And Packers have beaten: Minnesota (2), Det, Buf, Phi, NYJ, and Dal.  And lost to Washington and the hot and cold Dolphins.  Must have been hot that week I guess.

Huh, sounds like the Bears have just as many "quality wins" as anyone else in the NFC North, two.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 07:14:15 PM »
And Packers have beaten: Minnesota (2), Det, Buf, Phi, NYJ, and Dal.  And lost to Washington and the hot and cold Dolphins.  Must have been hot that week I guess.

Huh, sounds like the Bears have just as many "quality wins" as anyone else in the NFC North, two.

And that Philly win was with the starting QB getting knocked out...If GB played Philly now I don't think the outcome would be the same, IMO.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 09:35:45 AM »

This is because 14 of the 16 games every team in the division plays are identical.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 09:49:13 AM »
This is because 14 of the 16 games every team in the division plays are identical.

Yes.  I know.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

LON

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 09:51:21 AM »
And Packers have beaten: Minnesota (2), Det, Buf, Phi, NYJ, and Dal.  And lost to Washington and the hot and cold Dolphins.  Must have been hot that week I guess.

Bears lost to the Lions.  That call was BS.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 09:54:05 AM »

Not according to the standings.  Not according to the rule book.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 10:09:44 AM »
And that Philly win was with the starting QB getting knocked out...If GB played Philly now I don't think the outcome would be the same, IMO.

I disagree with that statement, after Kolb left the game the Packers had to play against Vick without ever game planning for him, now everyone knows Vick is playing

plus the Packers were a much worse team then i.e. penalties, turnovers etc. areas that have improved significantly

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 10:17:31 AM »

I think everyone else got over that several weeks ago. Funnily enough the idea of the "process" also helped the packers avoid a delay of game penalty with time winding down and allowed for Rodgers to throw the game tying touchdown pass. Though they lost the game in the end, the "process" definitely worked in your favor as well.

LON

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 11:47:53 AM »
I think everyone else got over that several weeks ago. Funnily enough the idea of the "process" also helped the packers avoid a delay of game penalty with time winding down and allowed for Rodgers to throw the game tying touchdown pass. Though they lost the game in the end, the "process" definitely worked in your favor as well.

Do you know how the delay of game penalty is determined?

Ref in charge of the clock sees the "0" and then looks to see if play was snapped.  It was correctly not a delay of game, unless you're talking about another play.

When does the NFL make Chicago spend some money on that gawd-awful field?

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 11:53:00 AM »
When does the NFL make Chicago spend some money on that gawd-awful field?

I thought the Eagles have notoriously bad astro turf for many many years, and nothing ever changed.

Does the NFL ever get involved in that?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

groove

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2010, 11:54:50 AM »
I thought the Eagles have notoriously bad astro turf for many many years, and nothing ever changed.

Does the NFL ever get involved in that?

Remember when the Houston Oilers played in the astrodome? Players said it was like playing on concrete.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 11:55:25 AM »
I preface this by saying I think the Packers are the better team, but the best two teams on the Bears schedule up until now have been the Packers and Eagles. Bears are 2-0 against them, so you have to give them their due in that regard.

Talk to the Chicago Park District if you want field turf at Soldier Field. Bears don't own Soldier Field, the Park District does. Don't even get me started on the BS that goes on back and forth between the Bears and Park District.

LON

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 11:59:35 AM »
I preface this by saying I think the Packers are the better team, but the best two teams on the Bears schedule up until now have been the Packers and Eagles. Bears are 2-0 against them, so you have to give them their due in that regard.

Talk to the Chicago Park District if you want field turf at Soldier Field. Bears don't own Soldier Field, the Park District does. Don't even get me started on the BS that goes on back and forth between the Bears and Park District.

They should do what Lambeau did and put in heaters...

I also wanted to take a shot at the team that sits above mine in the division standings.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 12:07:27 PM »
Bears probably have the worst playing surface (with Pittsburgh a close second) of any team in the league. The field itself is a joke, and embarassing. High schools have better playing surfaces than the Bears.