[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: SI's Seth Davis shows Ox some love  (Read 3098 times)

asdfasdf

• Starter
SI's Seth Davis shows Ox some love
« on: November 16, 2010, 09:19:49 AM »

From the article...

• Alongside the impressive freshman debuts of Ohio State's Jared Sullinger (19 points, 14 rebounds vs. North Carolina A&T), Tennessee's Tobias Harris (19 points vs. Chattanooga), Duke's Kyrie Irving (17 points, nine assists vs. Princeton) and N.C. State's C.J. Leslie (21 points vs. Tennessee Tech), there were some lesser-known freshmen who had impressive starts last week. Sullinger's teammate, Deshaun Thomas, scored 24 points in the win. Marquette forward Davante Gardner had 17 points in 13 minutes against Florida A&M. Most memorable of all, Maryland point guard Pe'Shon Howard had 14 points, including a game-winning 17-foot jumper with three seconds left, against the College of Charleston. (That was technically the Terps' second game, but since it was on ESPNU it qualified as a coming-out party.) On the flip side, Syracuse's Fab Melo fouled out twice against Northern Iowa and Canisius, and it only took him 18 and 13 minutes, respectively. Some people say we scribes pay too much attention to freshmen, but I disagree. They keep college hoops exciting and, well, fresh.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/seth_davis/11/15/hoop.thoughts.illinois/1.html

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: SI's Seth Davis shows Ox some love
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 09:24:35 AM »
Marquette forward Davante Gardner had 17 points in 13 minutes against Florida A&M.

Glad to see him mention Ox, but we haven't played Isaiah Thomas' team as far as I can recall. Prairie View A&M is from Texas...he's not even close :D
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 09:28:19 AM »
Glad to see him mention Ox, but we haven't played Isaiah Thomas' team as far as I can recall. Prairie View A&M is from Texas...he's not even close :D

Pretty sure IT is at FIU...but ya know...semantics.  We got what you meant :)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 04:35:27 PM »
Pretty sure IT is at FIU...but ya know...semantics.  We got what you meant :)

D'oh!

Too many of those damn Northwest Eastern State type teams for me to keep track of  :D
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 11:04:21 PM »
From the article...

• Alongside the impressive freshman debuts of Ohio State's Jared Sullinger (19 points, 14 rebounds vs. North Carolina A&T), Tennessee's Tobias Harris (19 points vs. Chattanooga), Duke's Kyrie Irving (17 points, nine assists vs. Princeton) and N.C. State's C.J. Leslie (21 points vs. Tennessee Tech), there were some lesser-known freshmen who had impressive starts last week. Sullinger's teammate, Deshaun Thomas, scored 24 points in the win. Marquette forward Davante Gardner had 17 points in 13 minutes against Florida A&M. Most memorable of all, Maryland point guard Pe'Shon Howard had 14 points, including a game-winning 17-foot jumper with three seconds left, against the College of Charleston. (That was technically the Terps' second game, but since it was on ESPNU it qualified as a coming-out party.) On the flip side, Syracuse's Fab Melo fouled out twice against Northern Iowa and Canisius, and it only took him 18 and 13 minutes, respectively. Some people say we scribes pay too much attention to freshmen, but I disagree. They keep college hoops exciting and, well, fresh.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/seth_davis/11/15/hoop.thoughts.illinois/1.html

Fab Melo for newcomer of the year in the Big East?     ... not so much

Maybe given his start, Melo could be nicknamed The Fab Five!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.