Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Big East presidents/ADs meeting this week - expansion?  (Read 15572 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Big East presidents/ADs meeting this week - expansion?
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2010, 06:31:21 PM »
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/25634463

Blog article by Dennis Dodd.  Suggests TCU is a good fit and also looks at UCF.   Most interesting part is he suggests that they would likely not be invited as basketball members.

It is interesting.  Would their existing conferences allow them to stay as everything but football (a la Notre Dame)?  If I were their existing conferences, I would say HELL NO. 

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2010, 06:31:52 PM »
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/25634463

Blog article by Dennis Dodd.  Suggests TCU is a good fit and also looks at UCF.   Most interesting part is he suggests that they would likely not be invited as basketball members.

Well that's pretty silly. Big East isnt in the greatest power position with the SEC and Big Ten hovering over their shoulder, and TCU knows that. TCU, UCF,Houston and Memphis all deserve to be basketball members...maybe if they invite Temple and ECU that works.

I was reading TCU forums earlier and saw one of them cite an article or quote from a radio station saying Villanova may agree to be the 11th team and join in 2013 or 2014. Which would then mean TCU and UCF/Houston could join now along with a 4th team when Nova is ready for the jump.

I like Nova a lot and Im super jealous they are even able to to consider this, but I really hope they decide not to - With a base of ND, Nova, GTown, St. John's, MU and even Xavier...I think we will always be fine in nearly any realignment. As much as I dont like ND, Im hoping they can get really good soon --they will support the Catholic basketball-only schools' place at the table as long as they can maintain their football powerhouse and national presence.

“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2010, 06:33:02 PM »
I think we should be careful about badmouthing DePaul's place in the BE. We need them more than everyone seems to think.  That Chicago market (and relatively untouched college sports market there) I think is going to keep BE officials salivating.  Don't let the current state of the program fool you, there has been too much harping on DePaul's crappiness and Butler & Xavier's greatness based on recent results.  When it comes to staying power and the things conferences look for, DePaul's chicago location is it. Yes they have problems with their facility, etc, but the opportunity remains there. We need that midwestern tie to keep the milwaukee market relevant to the BE and need to stay DePaul's rival and running partner.

+1, Seton Hall is the one that adds nothing.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2010, 07:42:45 PM »
It is interesting.  Would their existing conferences allow them to stay as everything but football (a la Notre Dame)?  If I were their existing conferences, I would say HELL NO. 

Yeah, I can't see the Mountain West keeping TCU around for other sports since they are a significant distance away from the rest of the conference as is.  (Especially when they added Boise and Fresno.)  The only reason they were invited into the conference to begin with was because of football.

feedback