2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mike Shaw at Marquette Madness!!!  (Read 11711 times)

MUFanatic5

• Walk-On
Mike Shaw at Marquette Madness!!!
« on: October 15, 2010, 11:13:35 PM »
Mike Shaw at Marquette Madness!!!

chren21

• All American
Re: Mike Shaw at Marquette Madness!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 11:23:14 PM »
Did he get interviewed?

flamesfan724

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 02:03:10 AM »
I saw him over at Humphrey tonight. I'm not getting a good feeling from him in terms of his body language at midnight madness. He was sitting off on the side, not really interacting with any of the other players. My gut feeling is that he is not gonna be suiting up for us next year

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 07:55:35 AM »
As an aside Shaw came with the Irvins so that may have been why he was off to the side when you saw him....it is obvious from Madness that he fits a need for MU, but when will he make a decision is key.  The boat may sail on him. 

Yesterday from the Hoops Report:

Mike Shaw
With a final four of DePaul, Illinois, Marquette and West Virginia, the Hoops Report sees it coming down to a flip-of-the-coin (not Mike Shaw's flip-of-the-coin but the Hoops Report's heads vs. tails flip) between Marquette and Illinois. With that being said, however, this is the toughest one to call at this point -- and the Hoops Report would not have said that a couple of months ago. But the view and direction on this one has changed many times. Anything could happen and maybe a not-as-surprising-as-you-think thing will: Shaw waits even longer and plays out his senior year. Unless Illinois can seal the deal with an emphatic exclamation point on Shaw's next visit to Champaign, Shaw will remain one of the top uncommitted senior prospects in the country this winter.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/hoopsreport/2010/10/down_to_randle_boatright_and_s.html

nyg

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 08:09:41 AM »
After watching Otule last night, I hope Shaw makes the right decision and come to MU.

OhioGoldenEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 09:11:44 AM »
I saw him over at Humphrey tonight. I'm not getting a good feeling from him in terms of his body language at midnight madness. He was sitting off on the side, not really interacting with any of the other players.

I think this is common for recruits when they make visits.  After so many visits, I'm sure these events get a little boring to them, but I suspect they show more interest behind closed doors.  That being said, I wouldn't put too much stock into how enthusiastic he looked.  If I recall correctly, people were saying the same thing about Vander last year.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 09:30:29 AM »
I wonder about the wisdom of having so many recruits at MM.  For the key recruits this is their ONLY official visit to MU.  With so many guys to pay attention to Buzz and the staff must have been spread pretty thin.  It also limits access to the players because they are involved in MM and their are simply so many guys that must be hosted.  Depending on what happens Buzz may want to rethink this strategy.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 09:47:44 AM »
Official visits were only used by the 2011 guys. Shaw has been here a ton already, and Anderson already committed. I'm sure this wasn't McDonald's first time here either. The MM official for those guys was more of just to show how big of a deal MU hoops is on campus.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 09:55:36 AM »
I wonder about the wisdom of having so many recruits at MM.  For the key recruits this is their ONLY official visit to MU.  With so many guys to pay attention to Buzz and the staff must have been spread pretty thin.  It also limits access to the players because they are involved in MM and their are simply so many guys that must be hosted.  Depending on what happens Buzz may want to rethink this strategy.

These kids recruit each other.  Reggie with Shaw.  Blue pushing Miller to even consider MU.  Having top interested recruits all here with the hype helps to push some of these kids along in their decision making as they get to see fan fervor as well.  It is coming down to crunch time on these decisions....and it is the beginning for the 2012 kids who are just seeing the hype.  If you are 2012, and see MU attracting talent to their Madness, that is important.  And then you see the national recruiting rags picking up on the hype as well.  Not to mention the AAU and HS coaches who show with the kids to expand your recruiting circle.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 10:10:09 AM »
These kids recruit each other.  Reggie with Shaw.  Blue pushing Miller to even consider MU. 

Interesting seeing Vander Blue and North Chicago (IL) junior guard Aaron Simpson joking around last night.  You could tell they knew each and what is the connection?  Is it from meeting Simpson in AAU ball?  Is it from Simpson possibly coming in for pick up games at Marquette?  Is it because Vander struck up a friendship with Quincy Miller this summer and Aaron Simpson and Quincy Miller went to North Chicago schools together until Miller transferred to North Carolina for his freshman year of high school?
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 10:24:49 AM »
[/quote

The other option is to bring them in for Football Saturday.........oh yeah.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 10:39:25 AM »
Mike Shaw was sitting midcourt on the aisle the majority of the night and interacting with the other recruits.  He seemed to enjoy himself from what I witnessed (especially watching Reggie in the dunk contest).  I didn't see him off to the side, keeping to himself at all.   ?-(

I'd love to see him at MU.

MilwaukeeScoop

• Walk-On
    • Milwaukee Scoop Forums
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 11:00:50 AM »
Mike Shaw posted a quick update on Twitter this morning regarding his MU visit...

@MikeShaw32: Marquette was aight...aint really do nothing..but got to chill wit my bro Reggie Smith..and the people was cool..happy sweetest day

http://twitter.com/MikeShaw32
Milwaukee Scoop - WI Sports Forums
http://www.milwaukeescoop.com/forum

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 11:02:54 AM »
Mike Shaw posted a quick update on Twitter this morning regarding his MU visit...

@MikeShaw32: Marquette was aight...aint really do nothing..but got to chill wit my bro Reggie Smith..and the people was cool..happy sweetest day

Yikes.  Translation: It was boring and I'm not going there.  Happy they paid for me to come visit a former teammate, though.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 11:07:16 AM »
Yikes.  Translation: It was boring and I'm not going there.  Happy they paid for me to come visit a former teammate, though.

YEa, I don't like the sound of that. At all.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 11:15:06 AM »
Yeah, that makes it sound like he likes the WVU atmosphere a little better. It's hard to take anything from 140 characters though. I'd love to see him in an MU uniform, but I'm betting on WVU. On a side note, I know recruits can't commit while on campus for an official, but how soon after can they? I'd love to snag McDonald.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 11:28:35 AM »

Maybe Shaw had a girl mad at him for going up to MU on Sweetest Day weekend.  He wouldn't have wanted to say that it was a great time.

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 11:41:51 AM »
Is it really true that recruits can't commit while on campus? Because ESPN just ran a story about how a recruit went in to JTIII's office and committed to Georgetown during their madness.

If there is a rule against it, what is the logic behind it? I don't see the negative of committing on campus.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 11:44:56 AM »

sounds about right lol

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2010, 11:46:47 AM »
Is it really true that recruits can't commit while on campus? Because ESPN just ran a story about how a recruit went in to JTIII's office and committed to Georgetown during their madness.

If there is a rule against it, what is the logic behind it? I don't see the negative of committing on campus.

It's to protect the students from feeling pressured to commit while they're on campus.  If it's an official visit, then the school is going to be rolling out the red carpet for them, and the NCAA wants them to be able to go home and think about it afterwards.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 11:58:33 AM »
I dont know where you guys get the idea that guys cant commit during their official visit.  Off the top of my head...Roseboro did. Unless things have changed since then...

chapman

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2010, 12:13:55 PM »
I dont know where you guys get the idea that guys cant commit during their official visit.  Off the top of my head...Roseboro did. Unless things have changed since then...

Yeah, what would be the point from the NCAA's point of view?  I could see them preventing a LOI from being signed on campus during an official visit, but to them a verbal is meaningless so why would they care?

MUBasketball

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2010, 12:27:33 PM »
I don't know where the rumor started on this board that kids can't commit while on campus. That is completely false. Why would anybody even think that? You can commit whenever the hell you feel like it.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 01:12:23 PM »
I don't know where the rumor started on this board that kids can't commit while on campus. That is completely false. Why would anybody even think that? You can commit whenever the hell you feel like it.

they can commit, just not sign a LOI.

MUBasketball

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2010, 01:17:28 PM »
they can commit, just not sign a LOI.

Correct.