'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] Tokoto expects to experience Madness  (Read 9070 times)

ToddRosiakSays

[Rosiak's Blog] Tokoto expects to experience Madness
« on: October 12, 2010, 03:45:04 PM »
Tokoto expects to experience Madness

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/104807749.html

Jay-Z

• Walk-On
Re: [Rosiak's Blog] Tokoto expects to experience Madness
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 03:49:46 PM »
So he'll see if he can fit it into his schedule?  I don't know about everyone else, but when I was 17 or 18 on a Friday night, I didn't exactly have a full calendar.

I really hope he is able to fit it in to his schedule.  He would have a great time and see what MU is all about.
If Jesus payin Lebron, I'm payin Dwyane Wade

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 03:52:41 PM »
Everyone feeling better now?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUONTOP

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 03:54:35 PM »
So he'll see if he can fit it into his schedule?  I don't know about everyone else, but when I was 17 or 18 on a Friday night, I didn't exactly have a full calendar.

Oh were you a top basketball recruit balancing the beginning of basketball season, individual workouts, academics and contact from coaches across the country?

I think it gets lost too often how much work these kids have to put in to get to where they are maintain that ability.

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 03:55:19 PM »

I really hope he is able to fit it in to his schedule.  He would have a great time and see what MU is all about.

I think top50 basketball stars are pretty busy this time of year...

Jay-Z

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 03:56:09 PM »
Oh were you a top basketball recruit balancing the beginning of basketball season, individual workouts, academics and contact from coaches across the country?

yes

Still, he lives 20 minutes away, Madness is at night, you honestly think he has practice scheduled or study time?  He's going to the Wisconsin-Ohio State game on Saturday, so he can't be that busy on Friday night.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:58:05 PM by Jay-Z »

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 03:59:23 PM »
yes

Still, he lives 20 minutes away, Madness is at night, you honestly think he has practice scheduled or study time?  He's going to the Wisconsin-Ohio State game on Saturday, so he can't be that busy on Friday night.

Another drain on a basketball star's time....girls....friday night...you do the math

Jay-Z

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 04:08:50 PM »
Another drain on a basketball star's time....girls....friday night...you do the math

It's been awhile since I've been on campus, but I'm pretty sure Marquette has girls, and they're usually drinking Orange soda on Friday nights.  If I was 18 and a pretty good looking top basketball recruit, I'd be on a college campus every friday night, even uninvited.  I wouldn't want to miss all of the great...conversation and...personalities on a college campus. 

If only I could do life over again, I'd be awesome at basketball, or at least awesome at driving to college campuses on Friday nights while I was in high school :-\

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 06:44:41 PM »
I don't know about everyone else, but when I was 17 or 18 on a Friday night, I didn't exactly have a full calendar.

You sure you want to admit that to everyone publicly?   ;D

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 07:04:25 PM »
Without rereading the article, my impression was that the family had things to do. It depended on how the parents work out their schedule. As far as mid-night madness goes, I have only missed one, but I do not see not see a bad dunking exhibition as a big recruiting tool.

mufansince72

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 07:34:43 PM »

I'm pretty sure his early evening schedule on Friday probably includes supporting his friends and team mates in the Menomonee Falls vs. MUHS football game at Menomonee Falls.  If I recall, he showed up at madness last year, and was also at Falls football game earlier that evening. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 08:41:08 PM »
It's been awhile since I've been on campus, but I'm pretty sure Marquette has girls, and they're usually drinking Orange soda on Friday nights.  If I was 18 and a pretty good looking top basketball recruit, I'd be on a college campus every friday night, even uninvited.  I wouldn't want to miss all of the great...conversation and...personalities on a college campus. 

No you wouldn't.  He was there last year.  How much different can it really be?

Ron Paul

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 10:10:52 PM »
I think with the addition of Reggie Smith, Van Blue and Jamail Jones the dunk contest will be a little more exciting than in years past.  Whether you like Mid-night Madness or not, its exciting to see the beginning of the season.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 07:22:36 AM »
I think with the addition of Reggie Smith, Van Blue and Jamail Jones the dunk contest will be a little more exciting than in years past. 

Fulce vs Jamil for the title.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 09:38:37 AM »

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 09:42:00 AM »
Reggie

IDK, based on the windmill at the end of the SOD video, I am thinking J Wilson.  Wish I was there to witness...
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 10:07:31 AM »
IDK, based on the windmill at the end of the SOD video, I am thinking J Wilson.  Wish I was there to witness...

People love the little guy who can get up..it looks so much more impressive when a guy like Reggie dunks - see Spud Webb and Nate Robinson (not that Reggie is 5'8"), but the concept is the same.  To me it will be between Jamil Wilson and Reggie..possibly DJO.  I think Fulce will be over-matched by all 3 of these guys.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 10:22:37 AM »
People love the little guy who can get up..it looks so much more impressive when a guy like Reggie dunks - see Spud Webb and Nate Robinson

And Dominic James.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 11:03:23 AM »
People love the little guy who can get up..it looks so much more impressive when a guy like Reggie dunks - see Spud Webb and Nate Robinson (not that Reggie is 5'8"), but the concept is the same.  To me it will be between Jamil Wilson and Reggie..possibly DJO.  I think Fulce will be over-matched by all 3 of these guys.

Never underestimate pure creativity.  Fulce can't be counted out yet.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2010, 11:40:36 AM »
And Dominic James.

and Cordell Henry.

My first Marquette Madness as a freshman, he was basically the only guy on the team that could dunk...and he was what, 5' 10"?

My how our team's have changed.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 11:46:47 AM »
Cmon Army, how can you forget the back door alley oop plays they ran for Bargen.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 11:49:15 AM »
Boy those were not the good old days. Bargen would have only been a role player on most other teams. Cordell Henry was a near-stud!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 12:16:13 PM »

J.P has been with the team before. He was at the selection sunday show, with the team.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Sawsi

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 06:17:44 PM »
Boy those were not the good old days. Bargen would have only been a role player on most other teams. Cordell Henry was a near-stud!

Bargen was a stud!  I miss the nice 2 handed Chris Crawford throw downs.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2010, 06:38:24 PM »
J.P has been with the team before. He was at the selection sunday show, with the team.

Madness last year, Selection Sunday, Buzz's Texas BBQ, now Madness again this year...I really think that all of this is very good when it comes to Marquette's chances of landing Tokoto. Of course UNC will be a factor, and it is easier to come here when we're the hometown school, but it's sort of like he gets to come and hang out with guys he could be playing with in a few years. The more familiarity he builds from these sorts of things with our players and campus, the better odds we have of landing him. I really think Buzz is going about this the right way, and hope it pays off by keeping JP at home.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.