Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[May 31, 2024, 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Check your B&G points..  (Read 7215 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Check your B&G points..
« on: October 08, 2010, 09:25:10 PM »
Tomorrow is the Season Ticket Holder single game ticket ordering date.

The time you can order the tickets is dependent on your B&G points. 

As I checked mine (on ticketmaster "view details" of your Point Summary on the left hand side) .. I noticed one line was missing, the "Consecutive donations to the B&G fund" point line.   

I'd be curious if that's an error on my account, or if no one has that line in their ticketmaster report.

Naturally, that bumps me down a slot for ordering tomorrow.    .. Watch, the UW game will be sold out by then!    :o

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Check your B&G points..
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 10:48:01 PM »
Wow .. got an email to call someone in the B&G dept at 10:30pm, so gave him a ring.   That's customer service!

Turns out, if you signed up for the "payment plan" for season tickets, your donation for this year hasn't kicked in yet, since it hasn't been taken from your credit card.

So it's a timing glitch for anyone who didn't just pay the entire amount up front.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:59:04 PM by mu_hilltopper »

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 11:15:38 PM »
Noticed the other day that they had no record of my wife as an alum and straightened it out in 2 minutes with Blue and Gold.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 09:42:17 AM »
Just picked up 4 for the UW game:  Section 400 row W. 
Ludum habemus.

warriormom

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 11:08:17 AM »
Hate ticketmaster ticket distribution, filling a whole section to the top before moving to the next section.  I would rather be a section over in a lower row than mid court in row V where we got our tickets.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 12:50:32 PM »
Disappointed .. every year .. I've commented to the MU Ticket office about the ticketmaster's craptacular seat-filling algorithm where it fills one section to Row X, while the section next to it you could get row F .. and last year, I swear they told me that THIS year, the system would be different, so we could just see all the empty seats and pick the individual one we wanted.

No such luck.  I give up.

Last year, I called a week later and bought tickets WAY better than Ticketmaster. .. So that's my advice.  Get your UW tickets because that game will sell out.  Boycott using TM for all your other games, and call the MU ticket office next week to fill out your requests.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 12:56:12 PM by mu_hilltopper »

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 05:49:47 PM »
Are you buying tickets through your TM account? I couldn't see a link for me to buy single game tickets even though I know today's the day.  Is it based on your point totals? if so i'd understand, but still not sure when i should become eligible to buy tix.

Thanks.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 07:04:05 PM »
Funny, my wife had that same problem.  I was at Al's Run when my time started, so she bought UW tickets ..

You have to go into your MU Account and at the bottom of that TM page, you hit "Buy Packages" (which is a stupid name for it) .. click that and the next page, at the top has 2010-11 Single Game ticket link.  Click that and you're good to go.

She found it after 20 minutes of clicking everything else.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 10:20:29 PM »
MU's twitter account says Wisconsin tickets still available

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 11:03:41 AM »
I am buying additional Syracuse tickets today, and it looks like the Wisconsin tickets are now gone.

I agree with the poor design and algorithm of the Ticketmaster website. 
I got 4 for Wisconsin in row K section 420 at 2:30pm yesterday.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 11:46:54 AM »
Correction:
Wisconsin single game tickets are sold out.
But, you can still get them by buying a 5-pack for $100 or $150/seat or buying season tickets.  The 5 packs are a great deal (less per ticket than single game tickets to the same games).  Both 5 packs include only Big East games and/or the Wisconsin game.  There is no reason why these should not be gone by now.

Little trick I've used on Ticketmaster before, and again just now.  When buying 4 additional Syracuse tickets, TM offered me 4 in Sect 400 (center) Row X.  I left those on hold (without purchasing), opened a new window and requested 4 more.  I got 4 in Sect 421 (one section over on the opposite side) Row M.  I pulled the trigger on those.   ;D

Stupid Ticketmaster!  

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 12:03:06 PM »
Just logged on, and there are still pairs available for UW.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 01:33:29 PM »
There are NOT pairs available, the game doesn't even show up on my list of games to buy. It's irrelevant anyway, as season ticket holders are only allowed 4. If you have bought your four and try to buy more, MU will remove them from your account. I know, did this last year.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 02:14:01 PM »
Might want to check on that then. Just logged on and took a screen cap of what was available-

muguru

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 02:51:53 PM »
Might want to check on that then. Just logged on and took a screen cap of what was available-

Ughhhhh......the UW game doesn't even show up in my list of available games to purchase. Not sure the ticket office would let them go through anyway, if you already have your 4.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 02:57:06 PM »

Ughhhhh......the UW game doesn't even show up in my list of available games to purchase. Not sure the ticket office would let them go through anyway, if you already have your 4.

Just logged in again, and it still doesn't show the UW game as available in my list of games.

Here's what it shows in my list....

Event    

Sat, 11/06/10
1:00 PM    Marquette vs. St. John's (Minn)*    

Fri, 11/12/10
7:30 PM    Marquette vs. Prairie View A&M*    

Sun, 11/14/10
   Marquette vs. Bucknell*    

Wed, 11/17/10
   Marquette vs. Green Bay*    

Sat, 11/20/10
1:00 PM    Marquette vs. South Dakota*    

Sat, 12/04/10
1:00 PM    Marquette vs. Longwood*    

Tue, 12/07/10
7:00 PM    Marquette vs. Texas A&M Corpus Christi*    

Sat, 12/18/10
1:00 PM    Marquette vs. Centenary*    

Tue, 12/21/10
7:00 PM    Marquette vs. Mississippi Valley State*

No UW.....

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 03:39:40 PM »
I agree with the poor design and algorithm of the Ticketmaster website. 
I got 4 for Wisconsin in row K section 420 at 2:30pm yesterday.

Man, that pisses me off.  I ordered UW tickets at 12pm .. 2.5 hours before you, and TM gave us 4 tickets in row W.   Sure, it's a section over, but so freaking what. 

Fail, fail, fail.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 04:06:43 PM »
If you bought 4 tickets for the UW-MU game and go back to buy more, it will not be on the list.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 04:17:53 PM »
Correction:
Wisconsin single game tickets are sold out.
But, you can still get them by buying a 5-pack for $100 or $150/seat or buying season tickets.  The 5 packs are a great deal (less per ticket than single game tickets to the same games).  Both 5 packs include only Big East games and/or the Wisconsin game.  There is no reason why these should not be gone by now.

This year is the FIRST year that 5 game packs save you money, than buying sigle games. Three different prices for single games.

If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

muguru

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2010, 04:49:16 PM »
This year is the FIRST year that 5 game packs save you money, than buying sigle games. Three different prices for single games.

I called the ticket office about this a couple of years ago, complaining that the UW game is even offered in 5 packs....told them it makes it wayyyyy to easy for badger fans to get their hands on tickets. Me personally, would like to see less then 500 UW fans at that game every year.  >:(

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2010, 07:30:27 PM »
To me it is weird that they didn't send an email about this . . . unless they did and I didn't get it.  Either way, it would have been helpful to know about this webpage http://www.gomarquette.com/tickets/m-baskbl-individual-tickets.html yesterday :/

muguru

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2010, 07:42:48 PM »
To me it is weird that they didn't send an email about this . . . unless they did and I didn't get it.  Either way, it would have been helpful to know about this webpage http://www.gomarquette.com/tickets/m-baskbl-individual-tickets.html yesterday :/

I got that email....

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2010, 07:43:15 PM »
To me it is weird that they didn't send an email about this . . . unless they did and I didn't get it.  Either way, it would have been helpful to know about this webpage http://www.gomarquette.com/tickets/m-baskbl-individual-tickets.html yesterday :/

They sent an email on Oct 5th with that info.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010, 08:42:00 AM »
I called the ticket office about this a couple of years ago, complaining that the UW game is even offered in 5 packs....told them it makes it wayyyyy to easy for badger fans to get their hands on tickets. Me personally, would like to see less then 500 UW fans at that game every year.  >:(
Very true.

On the flip side it makes the average Marquette fan who only goes to the big games, buy more tickets with buying the 5 game pack.
-Bill Walton

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 07:01:56 PM »

500? What is 1/3rd of the upper deck? 5,000?