[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Juan Anderson to announce today  (Read 22075 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Juan Anderson to announce today
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2010, 06:49:03 PM »
Glad to see this kid commit. Hope he's able to play the 2 more than the 3, but Buzz seems pretty good at getting guys to fit in. Seems athletic, has good size, and I love how much his mix tape focused on blocks. Hopefully he's got a bit of a defensive attitude. All that being said, I'd be curious to see if this has any impact on our ability to tie down Rodney Hood or Nick Faust, both of whom project as the 6'6" - 6'7" swing mold that Anderson also seems to fit.

Though right now, I'd be extremely happy if we could nail down Mike Shaw and D'Angelo Harrison at Madness (...is it D'Angelo coming or DeMarcus? Too many D. Harrisons :D )
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2010, 07:43:13 PM »
Glad to see this kid commit. Hope he's able to play the 2 more than the 3, but Buzz seems pretty good at getting guys to fit in. Seems athletic, has good size, and I love how much his mix tape focused on blocks. Hopefully he's got a bit of a defensive attitude. All that being said, I'd be curious to see if this has any impact on our ability to tie down Rodney Hood or Nick Faust, both of whom project as the 6'6" - 6'7" swing mold that Anderson also seems to fit.

Though right now, I'd be extremely happy if we could nail down Mike Shaw and D'Angelo Harrison at Madness (...is it D'Angelo coming or DeMarcus? Too many D. Harrisons :D )
D'Angelo is the Harrison scheduled to be at MM.  Hopefully that sticks with this signing...though I LOVE Anderson's game - think he will be a monster by the time he is a junior.  As for Buzz's recruiting style he wants: 2 PG,s 2 Bigs and then 9 guys who are 6'4-'8".  Be wants guys who are on the "line" between being a "big," and a "little/guard."  He calls them "switchables," for their ability to switch positions both offensively and defensively.  Basically Lazar, Jimmy, Jamail Jones, Jamil Wilson, Crowder, Erik Williams (to an extent), and now Anderson all fit this profile..and it is what Buzz covets.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

chapman

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2010, 08:32:14 PM »
No chance. He took his official visit here two weeks ago. His family would have to foot the bill for another trip.

You wouldn't think so, but per IWB's article he's making an unofficial so he can attend Madness.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2010, 09:23:19 PM »
You wouldn't think so, but per IWB's article he's making an unofficial so he can attend Madness.

I'll have my crow boiled hard with a side of jelly beans raw.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2010, 09:39:51 PM »
Short story from the Bay Area about Anderson's commitment:

http://www.ibabuzz.com/prepcorner/2010/10/06/castro-valleys-juan-anderson-commits-to-marquette/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+iba_prepcorner+%28Prep+Corner%29

By Jeff Faraudo
Wednesday, October 6th, 2010 at 1:36 pm in Basketball, Recruiting.

Cal’s recruiting took another hit today with the news that Castro Valley HS small forward Juan Anderson, rated the No. 69 prospect in the country by Rivals.com, has committed to Marquette.

“It’s a great academic school, they play in the best basketball conference in the country and the coaches really showed me they care. They pursued me very well,” Anderson told me this afternoon. “I just felt most comfortable with that decision.”

Asked about Cal, the 6-foot-6 senior said, “I was really considering them. It’s appealing to play at home in front of all your friends and family. Cal speaks for itself academically. I wanted to venture out and try something new. Marquette felt most comfortable.”

Anderson, who also was considering Arizona State and Oregon, said he’s happy to have the decision behind him.

“It feels really good. I can focus now on just getting better every day and trying to win the state championship with my high school team,” he said.

Earlier this fall, Cal was turned down by Kyle Wiltjer, a 6-9 forward and top-20 prospect from Oregon, who picked Kentucky.

The Bears, who signed five high school prospects a year ago, have two scholarships to give and have not yet secured a commitment for the November signing period.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2010, 09:42:11 PM »
The Bears, who signed five high school prospects a year ago, have two scholarships to give and have not yet secured a commitment for the November signing period.

No commitments yet? NONE?

feedback