[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MU82
[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Juan Anderson to announce today  (Read 21946 times)

GOMU1104

• All American
Re: Juan Anderson to announce today
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2010, 11:38:43 AM »
TheRecruitScoop is a 16 year old recruiting analyst?

Yes, he is often wrong as well. He has been known to take stuff from others and post it as his own, without giving credit.

This news was broken by IWB, not CrackedSidewalks or TheRecruitScoop.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2010, 11:40:29 AM »
Just to refresh an old Juan Anderson thread

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=21455.0

In particular, I recommend bma's comments.
From watching the YouTube video in that thread, I gotta wonder how much uni stability affected his decision.   ;D
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2010, 11:42:56 AM »
70/30 eh?  Where did you come up with that?  Even before his commit, there was tons of evidence he was an MU lean if anything....

Classic Avalanche...nothing but nay-saying

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2010, 11:48:34 AM »
Evan Daniels at scout.com says Anderson just confirmed the news of his commitment to MU

http://twitter.com/EvanDanielscout

and about as official as you can get:

@juanonjuan10: I've committed to Marquette University. Officially a Golden Eagle. Thank God for giving me this day and opportunity.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2010, 11:51:08 AM »
Yes, he is often wrong as well. He has been known to take stuff from others and post it as his own, without giving credit.

This news was broken by IWB, not CrackedSidewalks or TheRecruitScoop.

To be fair NY2LASPORTS looks to have broken the news first (at least in Twitter time)

http://twitter.com/ny2lasports/status/26564266828

Terrific get for Buzz

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 11:55:37 AM »
Thrilled to be wrong.    Way to go, Buzz!    Welcome to MU, young man.   May the team and community give as much to you as you give to it.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 12:01:37 PM »
I did write there was a 30% chance. It was down to ASU and MU. And I'm certainly not alone in having heard ASU was a tough competitor for the commitment (either in this thread or in private).

I didn't see the "tons" of evidence for the lean. I heard the visit went well. I also didn't hear a word after the visit which is strange as usually something leaks for the lean. I heard he really wanted to play with his buddy at ASU but Sendek didn't close the deal apparently. Typically, for kids, playing with a friend can influence (see: Miller dropping MU without Bello being an option). What was all the evidence you had that he was a Marquette lean for some time?

Let's see what he announces. We need good news.

1. his twitter account (following his heart vs doing what his Mom wants, going back and forth with Vander, etc)
2. him sleeping on the players floor in Humphrey vs staying in the hotel on the visit, everyone with access to him while he was here basically say how much he really liked his visit at MU.
3. nail in the coffin - him changing his last in home meeting with the ASU staff yesterday
(4. Buzz having two in home visits with him during this period)

What evidence do you have that he was an ASU lean?  Or enough to say 70/30 ASU, and not even 50/50?  Every report from those "in the know" on the MU side had stated we were in a really good spot with him.   Not calling you out, but if you're going to post odds, at least give concrete reasons.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 12:59:43 PM by Djgoldnboy »

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2010, 12:27:59 PM »
1. his twitter account (following his heart vs doing what his Mom wants, going back and forth with Vander, etc)
2. him sleeping on the players floor in Humphrey vs staying in the hotel on the visit, everyone with access to him while he was here basically say how much he really liked his visit at MU.
3. nail in the coffin - him changing his last in home meeting with the ASU staff yesterday

What evidence do you have that he was an ASU lean?  Or enough to say 70/30 ASU, and not even 50/50?  Every report from those "in the know" on the MU side had stated we were in a really good spot with him.   Not calling you out, but if you're going to post odds, at least give concrete reasons.

+1...I dont get the ambiguous statements saying "he is a ______ lean" without any other insight.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

mikem91288

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2010, 12:32:09 PM »
What's his California player ranking, someone posted on here that he was top ranked for sf's in Cali. Is that still the case?
Warrior in the class of 2011.

Pakuni

• All American

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2010, 12:49:59 PM »
What's his California player ranking, someone posted on here that he was top ranked for sf's in Cali. Is that still the case?

he's the #1 SF on the west coast, per Scout's west coast guy, Hicks.  Telep and Daniels haven't seen him play yet, which, IIRC, is why he isn't rated higher on scout's list.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2010, 01:03:02 PM »

would have been more impressive if you called him out and made your points before juan committed.

This kid looks good.  Ball handling is great. Love how effortlessly he jumps when he throws it down with 2 hands.  Looks like he could jump another foot if he needed to.

Slim

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2010, 01:09:40 PM »
Does anyone know if he is rumored to be at the madness next Friday? Maybe his presence could help sway some of the other recruits.

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2010, 01:16:41 PM »
would have been more impressive if you called him out and made your points before juan committed.

This kid looks good.  Ball handling is great. Love how effortlessly he jumps when he throws it down with 2 hands.  Looks like he could jump another foot if he needed to.

I'm not saying I called it at all.  He was just asking why I thought, if anything, MU may have had a lean (and I clarified by saying there might not even be a lean at all)....and I gave him the reasons I thought he might go to MU prior to this.  

I'm still curious as to why he thought 70/30 to ASU enough to post it.  

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2010, 01:17:02 PM »
Are we on the 11th day of Madness?  On the 11th day of Madness ... Juan Anderson!  I think it is time to update the news line.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2010, 01:46:16 PM »
I'm not saying I called it at all.  He was just asking why I thought, if anything, MU may have had a lean (and I clarified by saying there might not even be a lean at all)....and I gave him the reasons I thought he might go to MU prior to this.  

MU fans have been naturally pessimistic about recruiting for as long as I have read these boards.  I have been guilty of this too.  It's time for that attitude to shift.  It's clear that we are going to bring in talent every year no matter what.  Every class Buzz has brought in has been full of talent, and it's time to stop expecting the worst on the recruiting trail.  Will we sign everyone we target?  No, not even UNC does that.  However, you have to believe there will be top 100's with upside every single class with Buzz, even though there isn't playing time to sell.  These are truly exciting times.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2010, 01:54:43 PM »
Does anyone know if he is rumored to be at the madness next Friday? Maybe his presence could help sway some of the other recruits.

No chance. He took his official visit here two weeks ago. His family would have to foot the bill for another trip.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2010, 01:58:45 PM »
Sounds great! Question how good he is. Looks like his national ranking is all over the map--from about 60 to 170.

Hope that the 60's for his ranking proves out.

Don't forget to adjust a west-coast player's ranking up by 10-20% to account for east-coast bias.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2010, 01:59:58 PM »

Ever gamble?  Maybe all it was, was a hunch.  
Ludum habemus.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2010, 02:58:31 PM »

The changing of the in-home with ASU is the most concrete for me. That I didn't know. The rest is all pretty much "feel" evidence that can be read into any recruit out there. I think when you see this with prospects it'd be as much right as it'd be wrong.

I don't follow Twitter. I think it's a bit creepy to do so when dealing with kids (though you're likely a kid as well so totally normal for you to follow feeds). I just know that its like all media these days in that it can be viewed with a skeptical eye.

I also don't follow who, and who doesn't, sleep on a floor in college dorms. And meetings with recruits -- even in-homes -- aren't enough for me to consider it evidence of a lean. There are plenty of stories about multiple in-homes with recruits who didn't end up at that school. But along with the rest, its clear to see why that would be evidence enough for you to know he'd commit.

From what I knew, family would be important and being able to play with his buddy (Jabari ........ blanking on last name) was attractive enough to where he wanted ASU last to know where they stood with him and whether he'd commit. Combining that with the silence in the week after his MU visit, and whispers to the contrary, it seemed the Sun Devils held the upper hand more than just an either/or possibility. So I figured we had about a 30% chance.

Just a question if I may: It seems you've known for some time that Anderson was an MU lean so why never post in any of the discussions about his recruitment?

jtsanto

• Starter
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2010, 03:05:44 PM »
posted on the wrong thread...

What a great way to kick things off for Buzz!!! I just watched the youtube video of Juan and he looked like he might be a solid 2 guard and has a chance to move to small if needed. I might be wrong on this but it look like he is a solid passer and can shoot from the outside. The problem is watching these videos I don't know if this kid is playing against Our Lady of the Blind or not in the game. I see some great skills that Buzz and the staff will make even better. Great signing now let's go get some one 6'8 or bigger...

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2010, 03:16:03 PM »
Alright, alright, alright!

We got some more bad Hombre insane loco fire to replace Cubby's! 

Congrats Juan and best of luck to you at MU.

Just need a glass cleaning PF now (what's new?) to take this program to the next level.

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2010, 03:36:34 PM »
[Just a question if I may: It seems you've known for some time that Anderson was an MU lean so why never post in any of the discussions about his recruitment?
[/quote]

Don't flip this on me, I'm not the one throwing out odds of where he was going....I just wanted to know why you felt that way, then you asked for what "evidence" I had seen over the last few weeks that made me think MU had a chance, so I listed them.  In no way I am patting my back saying "I told you so".  I even said in my original post there probably wasn't a lean at all, that's why I wanted to know where you coming up with yours.

FYI...I don't follow tweets either...everything I read was on here, and the other board, free and premium.

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »
[Just a question if I may: It seems you've known for some time that Anderson was an MU lean so why never post in any of the discussions about his recruitment?

Don't flip this on me, I'm not the one throwing out odds of where he was going....I just wanted to know why you felt that way, then you asked for what "evidence" I had seen over the last few weeks that made me think MU had a chance, so I listed them.  In no way I am patting my back saying "I told you so".  I even said in my original post there probably wasn't a lean at all, that's why I wanted to know where you were coming up with yours.

FYI...I don't follow tweets either...everything I read was on here, and the other board, free and premium.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2010, 06:06:50 PM »
I am extremely impressed with his ball handling and court vision...passing skills etc. I know this is way down the road but if need be I don't see that we would have any issues with him bringing the ball up the court at some point in time for us. Obviously once he gets adjusted to the speed of college ball and some experience. This was the first time I watched any videos on this kid and I am extremely excited that hes the newest warrior.

This also speaks volumes on Buzz's recruiting once again whereas he plucked one the top wings on the west coast away from all the pac-10 schools. He obviously has us heading in the right direction. Lets hope to see a few more top notch recruits sometime soon. We are off to a good start albeit being October already.

feedback