Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: team chemistry...  (Read 12418 times)

New Era Warriors

• Starter
team chemistry...
« on: September 25, 2010, 03:03:24 AM »
I don't want to look to far into this, but I so happened to leave Dog Haus tonight when Otule, Byucks, and Junior were outside and what do you know... the frickin whole rest of the team, Jae, Vander, Garnder, Reggie, DJO, etc (except Jimmy) turn the corner and confront the three. They were obviously in a dispute and to their stupidity were out in front of the public and everyone to see. It was ridiculous and really disappointing to see the teammates fight amongst each other. Even my friend who knows Otules said to him " it aint worth it" and junior repeated " see man even a fan said it ain't worth it!". Obviously there must have been some stupid disagreement but whatever it was they better get over it and move on quickly. Like I was telling my friendsl, this isn't what yo fans and other boosters support the program for. They looked ridiculous tonight and it seemed like they all hated each other. They need to get their crap together asap.

Les Nessman

• Team Captain
Re: team chemistry...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 03:53:18 AM »
I don't want to look to far into this, but I so happened to leave Dog Haus tonight when Otule, Byucks, and Junior were outside and what do you know... the frickin whole rest of the team, Jae, Vander, Garnder, Reggie, DJO, etc (except Jimmy) turn the corner and confront the three. They were obviously in a dispute and to their stupidity were out in front of the public and everyone to see. It was ridiculous and really disappointing to see the teammates fight amongst each other. Even my friend who knows Otules said to him " it aint worth it" and junior repeated " see man even a fan said it ain't worth it!". Obviously there must have been some stupid disagreement but whatever it was they better get over it and move on quickly. Like I was telling my friendsl, this isn't what yo fans and other boosters support the program for. They looked ridiculous tonight and it seemed like they all hated each other. They need to get their crap together asap.

What is the point of your post? You sound like a tattletale just trying to get a rise.

Disagreements are going to happen between any group of 12 people who have to spend every day together, especially a group of hyper-competitive 18-22 year-olds.  Obviously, we don't want them airing their dirty laundry in public but I hardly think we're at the point where anyone is worried about the team falling apart.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 04:38:00 AM »
that kind of crap happens all the time...what you should have done if you were so worried about it is gotten up in one of their faces and called the entire Mu basketball program a bunch of fricking pu$$ies and taken a swing at one of them....that would have brought the team back together instantly   :D

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 06:42:47 AM »
Were there chicks involved? See, this is why we need a football team so they can pull a Tyshawn Taylor.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 07:29:14 AM »
Where were the parents?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 08:17:30 AM »
DB tweeted at 2am, "I love my squad" (sent to DJO and VB).

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 08:21:57 AM »
Stuff happens.   My question is: isn't Anderson still on campus?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 08:23:44 AM »
Were there chicks involved? See, this is why we need a football team so they can pull a Tyshawn Taylor.

Point plankn.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 08:25:20 AM »
It's a family and if you have brothers, it can be knock down drag out at times.

Welcome to life.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 08:37:08 AM by TedBaxter »
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 08:27:03 AM »
DB tweeted at 2am, "I love my squad" (sent to DJO and VB).

Well, I'm glad that's sorted. Now we can get back to the Buzz v Crean debates :)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 08:40:05 AM »
Well, I'm glad that's sorted. Now we can get back to the Buzz v Crean debates :)

Actually, a similar event took place outside the Dog Haus between Crean and 4ever. They got into a fistfight, and 4ever hurt Crean pretty bad. The bruising wasn't very apparent though because Crean was already red from tanning.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 09:08:10 AM »

You do realize that this story makes it sound like one of the first three was getting into something stupid and one of the other two called everyone else to come drag the first guy off, right?
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 09:27:50 AM »
i'm just glad otule isn't taking s**t from anybody.  that bodes well for the future. 

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 10:12:19 AM »
It worked for Al and Bernard!

:)
SS Marquette

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 10:13:34 AM »
Looks like Buzz might have to give somebody a timeout.

Seriously, just a ridiculous thread... New Era, I would recommend minding your own business.

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 10:16:25 AM »
Maybe just a healthy debate about hot dog etiquette?
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

🏀

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 10:26:48 AM »

cute oneggggggg.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 10:54:51 AM »
I know it's fun to discuss this stuff but this being a public board, with potential recruits, coaches parents etc. checking in, is it in Marquette's best interest (not the interest of us fans) to hang this laundry on a public clothesline? 

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2010, 11:12:44 AM »
I have no problem with this thread at all. Clearly we're all interested in it considering the number of responses. That being said, I doubt theres much to write home about here. Even the best of friends get into fights.

I just hope Juan Anderson wasn't around to see this.

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2010, 11:14:33 AM »
You do realize that this story makes it sound like one of the first three was getting into something stupid and one of the other two called everyone else to come drag the first guy off, right?

Thats not what it sounds like to me at all.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 11:19:05 AM »
I have no problem with this thread at all. Clearly we're all interested in it considering the number of responses. That being said, I doubt theres much to write home about here. Even the best of friends get into fights.

I just hope Juan Anderson wasn't around to see this.

I think Juan is around trough today, isnt he? And I am sure he has access to the net.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 11:34:26 AM »
I know it's fun to discuss this stuff but this being a public board, with potential recruits, coaches parents etc. checking in, is it in Marquette's best interest (not the interest of us fans) to hang this laundry on a public clothesline? 

It wasnt in MU's best interest to have Brad Forster portraying himself as a legitimate reporter either...but this site was more than willing to accomidate him.

Tulsa Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2010, 11:42:30 AM »
The Twitter post from a wide range of Marquette players don't reflect any deep team issues.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2010, 01:49:13 PM »
Clearly the posters here are trying to sabotage the program

reinko

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2010, 02:00:17 PM »
Clearly, things have been snoothed over, or they had a talking too.

DJO, VB, Jae, and DB are shouting back and forth on Twitter about all the love they got for each other.

feedback