[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: J.P. Tokoto Is no longer a 5 star recruit  (Read 24923 times)

GOMU85

• Starter
J.P. Tokoto Is no longer a 5 star recruit
« on: September 01, 2010, 01:38:32 PM »
J.P. Tokoto drops all the way to #40 in the latest Rivals top 150 rankings in the class of 2012.

Take a look

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-2509;_ylt=Al0uQUPZN6VacFJMlg6dCMnevbYF

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: J.P. Tokoto Is no longer a 5 star recruit
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »
Bo cooled on him.
 ;)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 01:49:52 PM »
Bo cooled on him.
 ;)

Probably more like Bo got involved and his stock tumbled as a result.   ;)

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 01:50:05 PM »
J.P. Tokoto drops all the way to #40 in the latest Rivals top 150 rankings in the class of 2012.

Take a look

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-2509;_ylt=Al0uQUPZN6VacFJMlg6dCMnevbYF

Did he have a bad summer, or did others rise above?

GOMU85

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 01:52:36 PM »

He's had a pretty bad summer from what I'm hearing

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 01:58:16 PM »
#19 is names Perry Ellis?  Really?  Pretty funny, somebody liked a certain brand methinks.

Also, 2 guys in the top 30 named Shaquille?  Thats not common.

OhioGoldenEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 01:59:38 PM »
Exactly why we shouldn't get crazy excited over freshman in high school.  This seems to happen in just about every class in the Milwaukee/Madison area.  I'm blanking on the guy's name, but the guy at one of the Milwaukee Lutheran schools that graduated in the last year or so.  I remember him being a top 10 nationally ranked guy when he was a freshman and Crean/the boards were salivating over him.  I wouldn't be surprised if Tokoto continues to drop over the next year.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 02:19:58 PM »
Exactly why we shouldn't get crazy excited over freshman in high school.  This seems to happen in just about every class in the Milwaukee/Madison area.  I'm blanking on the guy's name, but the guy at one of the Milwaukee Lutheran schools that graduated in the last year or so.  I remember him being a top 10 nationally ranked guy when he was a freshman and Crean/the boards were salivating over him.  I wouldn't be surprised if Tokoto continues to drop over the next year.

I think you're talking about Flavien Davis.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 02:28:51 PM »

His decline was easier to predict because I feel it was a height issue. Physically I think JP has it. Now just needs to get more refined.

mugrad99

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 02:32:38 PM »
#15's name sounds fake

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 02:38:06 PM »
Exactly why we shouldn't get crazy excited over freshman in high school.  This seems to happen in just about every class in the Milwaukee/Madison area.  I'm blanking on the guy's name, but the guy at one of the Milwaukee Lutheran schools that graduated in the last year or so.  I remember him being a top 10 nationally ranked guy when he was a freshman and Crean/the boards were salivating over him.  I wouldn't be surprised if Tokoto continues to drop over the next year.

If I'm not mistaken, both Scott Christopherson and Evan Anderson were top 25ish players as sophomores.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 02:45:19 PM »
Welcome to the wonderful world of recruiting rankings....at least as it pertains to Wisconsin kids.

Korie Lucious was a Top 10 kid as a freshman, and ended up barely inside the Top 100.
Jamil Wilson was a Top 10 kid as a freshman/sophomore and dropped to the bottom half of the Top 100.
Johnny Lacy, Scott Christopherson and Flavian Davis were Top 30 or higher as sophomores and out of the rankings completely as seniors.
At various points over their freshman/sophomore years, Darrell Longstreet, Darnell Harris and Cinmeon bowers were all Top 50 if not higher.  Now not a single one is a Top 100 player.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 02:48:48 PM »

Or Chim Kadima  (sp?)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 02:49:35 PM »
Maybe Roy and K will cool on him since he has dropped a star and he will settle for the only school in Wisconsin that develops athletic wings for the NBA.   And, referencing BMA725, in a related development, Wisconsin kids going to prep schools for basketball.   
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 02:53:03 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

OhioGoldenEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 03:22:04 PM »
Or Chim Kadima  (sp?)
No, Flavien Davis was the guy I was thinking of.  He plummeted fast....which is probably why I forgot his name so easily.

Mobot

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 03:57:18 PM »
Junior Lomomba didn't make the top 150.  I though he had some high majors looking at him early.  Has his stock dropped as well?

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 04:00:28 PM »
Cameron Ridley goes to the same high school that Otule graduated from

wadefan#1

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 04:06:07 PM »

I've been telling ya that this guy isn't as good as they say.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 04:15:23 PM »
I've been telling ya that this guy isn't as good as they say.

Few are

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 04:24:56 PM »
His stock dropped because he spent most of the summer playing in the 16 and under division and not playing "up" as many "scouts" wanted him to. He had some early summer trouble with his outside shot and especially with his three pointer. He spent a lot of time working on his outside game and it came around late in the summer. His inside game has always been solid and he scores at will.

That said, neither Roy nor K have lost interest, in fact Roy didn't offer until June 15th of this year.

The kid is young and is going to be a baller.....just goes to show how fickle the rankings for rising juniors are...give him time to mature and grow, he'll be a 5 star before he heads off for college.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 04:41:18 PM »
His stock dropped because he spent most of the summer playing in the 16 and under division and not playing "up" as many "scouts" wanted him to. He had some early summer trouble with his outside shot and especially with his three pointer. He spent a lot of time working on his outside game and it came around late in the summer. His inside game has always been solid and he scores at will.

That said, neither Roy nor K have lost interest, in fact Roy didn't offer until June 15th of this year.

The kid is young and is going to be a baller.....just goes to show how fickle the rankings for rising juniors are...give him time to mature and grow, he'll be a 5 star before he heads off for college.

Agree 100% - Tokoto is one of the smoothest looking players I've seen at the sophomore level of HS..ever.  He makes things look effortless.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 04:50:33 PM »
#19 is names Perry Ellis?  Really?  Pretty funny, somebody liked a certain brand methinks.

Also, 2 guys in the top 30 named Shaquille?  Thats not common.

I'd disagree with that. Consider when they would have been born. These are 16-17 year old kids, probably born in the 1993-95 range. At that time, Shaq was the hottest rookie to hit the NBA in years. He won the rookie of the year award in 1993, released his Shaq Diesel rap album that went platinum, rapped as a guest artist on a Michael Jackson album, and starred in the Hollywood movie Blue Chips. Think of how quickly Shaq took to dominating media and the idea of kids being named after him really isn't a surprise whatsoever. Five years ago, it would have been odd, but my guess is for the next 5-7 years, it will be a pretty common name when it comes to recruiting.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 05:04:44 PM »
I don't give a chit what # of stars are attached to his name. The cat can flat out play and from what I've seen, Buzz and staff would cream themselves if he came to MU.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 05:33:30 PM »
No, Flavien Davis was the guy I was thinking of.  He plummeted fast....which is probably why I forgot his name so easily.
Flavien Davis was at Wisconsin Lutheran HS(Vikings), and Crean offered him as a frosh,
and yes he dropped a bunch --never sprouted as expected, and hurt during a summer league session--when coaches are watching/sorting.
 Kadima was at Milwaukee Lutheran HS(Red Knights) and he de -committed from Iowa State

---both now are reported to have accepted to Loyola Chicago
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 05:46:27 PM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 06:24:31 PM »
I think J.P. Tokoto is as good as anyone.  What I am curious about is how a 6'6" sophomore can end up being a 6'5" Junior.  You would expect him to grow to be a 6'9" or more senior.  I hope he goes to MU.  He can become all Big East and an NBA player if he plays for Marquette.

feedback