[Today at 05:10:01 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Hards Alumni
[Today at 05:06:39 PM]

Oso (and Stevie) by JakeBarnes
[Today at 02:42:16 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MU82
[Today at 01:56:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Where in the World Is Jeronne Maymon?  (Read 10565 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Where in the World Is Jeronne Maymon?
« on: July 26, 2010, 09:17:10 PM »
Curious as to why JMay wouldn't spend the summer in Knoxville working out and studying.  Bruce has been busy over recruiting him?  Is he working on his slashing game in Madison with his posse? Odd...any Madisonites have the answer to another piece of the back and forth Maymon saga?

April 30
Some Tennessee basketball fans have yet to hear about Jeronne Maymon, and those who have aren't exactly sure what to expect from the transfer from Marquette...."That's OK,'' Maymon said. "The ones who come out to the (Pilot) Rocky Top League will find out.''
http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2010/apr/30/finding-a-home-at-ut/?print=1

May 30
If Maymon will buy into Pearl's system and work at improving his game and progressing in the system, he could be a key contributor early.  Maymon was Mr. Basketball in the state of Wisconsin his senior season at Madison Memorial. At 6-6, 245, Maymon plans on playing summer basketball in the Rocky Top League at Knoxville's Bearden High school, starting in June.
http://www.lindyssports.com/article.php?cn=1804

June 8
Missing New Vols: Incoming forward Jeronne Maymon has returned home to Wisconsin to work out this summer and won't be in the PRTL.
http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2010/jun/08/eleven-ut-players-available-in-rocky-top-league/

July 13
UNC-Wilmington transfer John Fields has enrolled at the University of Tennessee and will wear orange for his final season of NCAA eligibility...Fields is immediately eligible as he will be enrolling in the graduate program for Sports Management, which was not available at UNCW. According to NCAA bylaws a player may transfer without penalty under these circumstances.
http://www.examiner.com/x-18381-Tennessee-Volunteers-Examiner~y2010m7d13-Bruce-Pearl-secures-another-big-man-as-John-Fields-enrolls-at-UT-and-makes-it-official
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 04:02:08 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Where in the World in Jeronne Maymon?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 09:24:57 PM »
OMG, he's in Wisconsin.  I don't know why, but somehow this scares me.  Probabily because I know that Tim Maymon is therefore almost certainly currently in Wisconsin too!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 10:04:08 PM »
There may be still be time for him to sign up for the Pro-Am. A couple of those teams could use a 2 guard.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 05:58:46 AM »
Who the hell cares--he is ancient history and has no future with us!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 06:16:01 AM »
This is a tragic story unfolding before our eyes. Talk about flushing the opportunity of a lifetime down the drain. Sad.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 07:48:35 AM »
good to have you back Rico

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 07:52:09 AM »
This is a tragic story unfolding before our eyes. Talk about flushing the opportunity of a lifetime down the drain. Sad.

Yeah...it really is a shame.  He was on his way to being a decent contributor last year.  Another good kid getting screwed by an f'ed up father.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 08:16:14 AM »
I really feel for that kid. A lot of people thought that going to TN would be good because Jeronne would be able to get further from his father, but apparently Tim is still pulling the strings and thinking Jeronne is his meal ticket. Perhaps Jeronne will be best-served playing pro ball in Europe after attending 5 schools in 4 years over here.

Say what you want about the way he left MU, but I truly wish him the best in basketball and, more importantly, in life.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 08:28:42 AM »

Where in the story does it say that Maymon will not be attending UT. I'd be careful about jumping to any conclusions here.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »
Where in the story does it say that Maymon will not be attending UT. I'd be careful about jumping to any conclusions here.

He may very well end up at UT.  But it is a serious red flag when an incoming transfer sophomore is the only player not participating in a summer league and earning summer credits, and is instead working out at home.

What would your reaction be if Erik Williams for instance, decided to skip the Summer Pro-Am and went back to Texas to work out?

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 08:56:27 AM »

What would your reaction be if Erik Williams for instance, decided to skip the Summer Pro-Am and went back to Texas to work out?

We would start approx 451 threads about how he was buzzcut/recruited over/unhappy/not making grades/homesick/etc.

But thankfully he is in Milwaukee, and preparing to have a breakout year.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 09:11:08 AM »
We would start approx 451 threads about how he was buzzcut/recruited over/unhappy/not making grades/homesick/etc.

But thankfully he is in Milwaukee, and preparing to have a breakout year.

William was a Top 100 recruit who didn't average a double-double as a freshman! He should be gone!

Excellent points Sultan and MUB. I'm also on the E-Will's Breakout Season Bandwagon, but I felt the urge to channel my inner ignorant fan.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 09:47:54 AM »
  +1  until practice opens, all things are possible.  If he's not there 80 days from now, that's another matter.

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 10:16:29 AM »

He may very well end up at UT.  But it is a serious red flag when an incoming transfer sophomore is the only player not participating in a summer league and earning summer credits, and is instead working out at home.

NBA players have no need for college credit
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 10:33:44 AM »
NBA players have no need for college credit

Yeah, not taking classes is going to hurt him most of all.  I can't imagine that his dad is letting him hit the books while he's "training" at home.  The biggest harm would be not getting an education. 

Hope the kid turns out OK despite his dad's interventions.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 10:37:13 AM »
I may be mistaken, but I vaguely recall PRN mentioning he was a golfing buddy with Pearl.  His info might not be coming from those stories.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 11:02:49 AM »

Agreed, there is need for concern, but for PRN to already be referring to Maymon's post-high school basketball experience as a tragic story is a little presumptuous.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 11:28:25 AM »
I may be mistaken, but I vaguely recall PRN mentioning he was a golfing buddy with Pearl.  His info might not be coming from those stories.

4never cleans pearl's clubs at Mee-kwon GC.

Maymon was in madison last week during the flooding.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 11:56:59 AM »
4never cleans pearl's clubs at Mee-kwon GC.

Maymon was in madison last week during the flooding.

That's right and the tips are pretty good too.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Shack

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 02:23:21 PM »
I really feel for that kid. A lot of people thought that going to TN would be good because Jeronne would be able to get further from his father, but apparently Tim is still pulling the strings and thinking Jeronne is his meal ticket. Perhaps Jeronne will be best-served playing pro ball in Europe after attending 5 schools in 4 years over here.

Say what you want about the way he left MU, but I truly wish him the best in basketball and, more importantly, in life.

Ignorance is no defense for stupidity.  Neither Maymom deserves any pity ...

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
Re: Where in the World Is Jeronne Maymon?
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 08:19:26 PM »
Maybe Jeronne is in the dog house for hitting on one of Loose Pearl's girlfriends, er coeds?
Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 12:21:00 AM »

I wouldnt worry --
Erik went to Cy Springs, as did K Bradley, where my kids went,also...I wouldnt let him out of my sight---but per rulzgal...I ,as a booster would not say hello, or do a you tube interview with him.....lol
.I'll just sit in my MU decorated car, in front of his house, day and night...until I'm served with the restraining order, of course--lol
just call me the houston phillycoach--lol
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

feedback