[Today at 05:10:01 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Hards Alumni
[Today at 05:06:39 PM]

Oso (and Stevie) by JakeBarnes
[Today at 02:42:16 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MU82
[Today at 01:56:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: We Have a Trade  (Read 12015 times)

butchbadger

• Starter
Re: We Have a Trade
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 11:03:49 PM »
BTW, I posted 2 months ago that Newbill was not coming to MU. All the usual suspects chastised me,denied it, and many others sent me threats, including on my sister who is a known MU season ticket holder. :-\

GOO

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 11:22:38 PM »
So, I am to believe that butch knew but Newbill didn't?  Please.

Ron Paul

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2010, 11:22:58 PM »
BTW, I posted 2 months ago that Newbill was not coming to MU. All the usual suspects chastised me,denied it, and many others sent me threats, including on my sister who is a known MU season ticket holder. :-\

Im somewhat new to this board so maybe I don't know the history.  But if people were threatening myself and my sister, I'd probably stop writing inflammatory comments to a message board revolving around a team I don't even like.  Just my opinion.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 11:27:06 PM »

So people know who butchbadger is?  You take that much pride in what you write on a message board that you tell people what you say so that they can talk about your sister?  No one knows that butchbadger has a sister. 

PhillyCoach

• Walk-On
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2010, 11:28:25 PM »
You guys can say what u want thats fine. But the facts r buzz or anyone from mu told dj or his family that he should go to prep school. To end all speculation i pulled it out of scott today at about 4pm when he called me asking when dj was going to complete his mu application. He danced with that for a few minutes and i said say what u wanna say. And he said buzz thinks dj should play else where. So i had to do the sad job of telling a kid 3 days before his trunk party. I know most of u could care less but a kids feelings and future is at stake here. He worked hard and overcame alot of obstacle for this and know one has the courage to call the kid. God does things for a reason. With that said i still wish mu the best and im still praying for all. Like i said before not only am i djs mentor and coach im his pastor. God bless.

butchbadger

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2010, 11:34:25 PM »
But if people were threatening myself and my sister, I'd probably stop writing inflammatory comments to a message board

I simply wrote what I heard from a strong MU source in early May.  I followed up with my opinion that I think it is bad form that 2 years in a row some kid signed a contract but won't see the first day of school. Clearly others here with a heart share my opinion.

For that I got threats and no, I am not worried. I have a great lawyer from the top firm in Milwaukee with a watchful eye who is an internet expert.  Sad, but true. 

There is a lot more to the story but...

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2010, 11:35:28 PM »
You guys can say what u want thats fine. But the facts r buzz or anyone from mu told dj or his family that he should go to prep school. To end all speculation i pulled it out of scott today at about 4pm when he called me asking when dj was going to complete his mu application. He danced with that for a few minutes and i said say what u wanna say. And he said buzz thinks dj should play else where. So i had to do the sad job of telling a kid 3 days before his trunk party. I know most of u could care less but a kids feelings and future is at stake here. He worked hard and overcame alot of obstacle for this and know one has the courage to call the kid. God does things for a reason. With that said i still wish mu the best and im still praying for all. Like i said before not only am i djs mentor and coach im his pastor. God bless.

Hey now, we're waiting for the whole story to unfold.  To say that most of us don't care for the kid is crazy. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2010, 11:36:36 PM »

I don't know if you are legit, but I would say a lot of people here care mightily about the kid's feelings which is why so many are saying they are not happy about this....IF it's true.  I'd like a lot more details before passing full judgment, but first blush looks terrible on Buzz in my opinion.  It's everything about corporate college basketball that I hate.  There is nothing "technically" wrong with it, but a whole host of things wrong with it in other ways, IMO.  

I know MU will spin this as cutting a kid loose while he still has a chance to play somewhere else, but with the Wilson addition, there's no way the two aren't tied together 100% IF this is all true.  And that's what stinks to high heaven....IF it's true.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:39:06 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2010, 11:37:26 PM »

DJ was to be on the MU campus in a week and he hadn't completed his application to the school yet?

Ron Paul

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2010, 11:37:52 PM »
Phillycoach, I think everyone on this board wishes DJ the best.  I was excited to have him on the team and I am sad to see him go.  Good luck.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2010, 11:42:10 PM »
Phillycoach, I think everyone on this board wishes DJ the best.  I was excited to have him on the team and I am sad to see him go.  Good luck.

Hope DJ has a great career no matter what happens. 

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2010, 11:44:04 PM »
Yeah what is this application you are even talking about coach?

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2010, 11:44:20 PM »
DJ was to be on the MU campus in a week and he hadn't completed his application to the school yet?

And, according to PhillyCoach:  he called me asking when dj was going to complete his mu application.

So the MU coach called to ask about the application?  It wasn't like MU didn't accept it, the kid never filled it out?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2010, 11:48:24 PM »
According to that, DJ didn't know he was getting voted off the island as of yesterday.  Yet Buzz said a while ago that the player who would not be here knew about it.  Something doesn't smell right.  Is someone else leaving too??

no no nothing to see here ....move along

:P ::)

Oh, but there is something to see here.  It's called a college basketball fan with a conscience.  Something obviously outside your personal experience ButchBadger.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:54:44 PM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2010, 11:48:47 PM »

This.

I would definitely like to hear both sides on this. Hope this all isn't true.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2010, 11:52:53 PM »
Also, I think Wilson is taking Mbao's scholarship, not Newbill's. IWB said that even though Mbao transferred, it didn't change the fact that someone was going to prep. There wouldn't be a reason to force out Newbill to get Wilson in then. It sounds awful if true, but I'm still pretty skeptical.

As for Newbill's feelings, I think everyone here feels for the kid if this is true. He seemed like a great kid and there would be no reason to wish him anything but the best.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2010, 11:53:46 PM »
Just too many head-scratching developments to allow me to believe this coach is legit. Bottom line: Buzz has earned our benefit of the doubt. An alleged coach and this Foster guy: nope.

ron burgundy

• Walk-On
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2010, 11:54:28 PM »
Philly coach,

Unfortunately, you have to understand that no one on this board (and probably 99% of the student population at MU) knows anything about South Philly and the struggle kids have there just to stay alive (most himicides in the country since the beginning of the year)! Their actions are not a reflection of what a Jesuit education stands for. Since DJ is now relectantly free to choose another school, perhaps Boston College is looking to fill a scholarship? It's a classier school with a lot more pride (and they do things he right way).

With classes starting in two months, your job is not going to be easy. At the 11th hour, I cant imagine there will be many (if any) options that are the right fit for DJ. Apparently, the MU community doesnt mind that its change of heart may very well cost a year of a teenagers development (academically and athletically). However, considering we're talking about a kid from South Philly, I have no doubt he will overcome this obstacle; it's just sad that DJ did everything right and MU is no longer interested. What's even more deplorable are the people on this board that are already thinking and getting excited about how their coach is going to utilize DJ's roster spot. These people are clearly not "men for others." And perhaps DJ is, in fact, better off disassociating himself with these people. Good Luck - I'll be rooting the kid.  

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2010, 11:54:52 PM »
How could he have not filled out an application in June everyone? think about it... how could that even be possible?

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2010, 11:56:42 PM »
totally deleted

Show some class jhags15... personal attacks in the anonymity of message boards are pretty pitiful.  
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 08:11:05 AM by mu_hilltopper »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2010, 11:57:57 PM »
Philly coach,

Unfortunately, you have to understand that no one on this board (and probably 99% of the student population at MU) knows anything about South Philly and the struggle kids have there just to stay alive (most himicides in the country since the beginning of the year)! Their actions are not a reflection of what a Jesuit education stands for. Since DJ is now relectantly free to choose another school, perhaps Boston College is looking to fill a scholarship? It's a classier school with a lot more pride (and they do things he right way).

With classes starting in two months, your job is not going to be easy. At the 11th hour, I cant imagine there will be many (if any) options that are the right fit for DJ. Apparently, the MU community doesnt mind that its change of heart may very well cost a year of a teenagers development (academically and athletically). However, considering we're talking about a kid from South Philly, I have no doubt he will overcome this obstacle; it's just sad that DJ did everything right and MU is no longer interested. What's even more deplorable are the people on this board that are already thinking and getting excited about how their coach is going to utilize DJ's roster spot. These people are clearly not "men for others." And perhaps DJ is, in fact, better off disassociating himself with these people. Good Luck - I'll be rooting the kid.  

But, be warned, Boston College will also require a completed application.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2010, 11:58:14 PM »
Something is off here. How an incoming freshman ballplayer could not have an application filled out a week before getting to campus is mind-boggling.

Unfortunately the only things that are seemingly connected is this and the Wilson transfer. Would like to see more of these dots connected before I make any sort of judgement on this.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2010, 11:59:43 PM »
Just too many head-scratching developments to allow me to believe this coach is legit. Bottom line: Buzz has earned our benefit of the doubt. An alleged coach and this Foster guy: nope.

Agreed.  Too many inconsistencies coupled with a lack of credible data.  

The remark from "Philycoach" re: "DJ has not filled out his application to MU" raises multiple red flags.
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2010, 12:03:18 AM »
Show some class jhags15... personal attacks in the anonymity of message boards are pretty pitiful. 

I just can't stand the grammar in that and then furthermore don't understand why anyone is believing this guy... and like someone pointed out the transfer may not be the reason for it

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2010, 12:06:32 AM »
I will be so disappointed if Buzz hosed this kid. It flat out wouldn't be right, but I will reserve judgment until we know more, which hopefully will happen at some point.