[June 07, 2024, 09:51:11 PM]

2024-25 Roster by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[June 07, 2024, 08:14:24 PM]

Incoming freshmen by tower912
[June 07, 2024, 08:06:40 PM]

Ranking Big East Centers by The Equalizer
[June 07, 2024, 05:10:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: We Have a Trade  (Read 12019 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
We Have a Trade
« on: June 29, 2010, 09:00:02 PM »
Per PhillyCoach, Newbill is out. Probably opening the door for Wilson. Welcome to bigtime college basketball.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
Re: We Have a Trade
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:05:27 PM »
Per PhillyCoach, Newbill is out. Probably opening the door for Wilson. Welcome to bigtime college basketball.

Who is Wilson?
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 09:07:40 PM »
Who is Wilson?

Dude, Jamil man. Originally from Racine Horlick. Transfer from Oregon. Obviously, JMay sold him on MU.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

reinko

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 09:07:59 PM »
Jamil Wilson, Racine kid who turned us down, went to Oregon, rumored to be on his way back home.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 09:09:14 PM »
Jamil Wilson from Racine.  He played at Oregon last year.  He would sit out a year if he transfers to MU.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 09:31:03 PM »
Any one of you cats check out Wilson's facebook and see what's shakin'?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

butchbadger

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 09:56:06 PM »
Nice to know trading is now allowed in college hoops.  I hope Barry can trade Jared Bergrren for Robbie Hummel.   Roster flexibilty is awesome.

LON

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 09:57:32 PM »
Nice to know trading is now allowed in college hoops.  I hope Barry can trade Jared Bergrren for Robbie Hummel.   Roster flexibilty is awesome.

Worked for Bo...Markolf for Brust

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 10:00:13 PM »

Shhh, don't you know that Markolf simply didn't want to play anymore and Brust just happened to be around (and despite his transfer being denied the Badgers appealed and it got through on the appeal).

Nothing to see here, move along.

To this day I always love UW-madison fans and their 7 NCAA probations, top 10 all-time in NCAA history, talk about our ethics considering we have ZERO NCAA probations in our history.  Ho hum.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 10:02:07 PM »

PWNED   :)

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »
Shhh, don't you know that Markolf simply didn't want to play anymore and Brust just happened to be around (and despite his transfer being denied the Badgers appealed and it got through on the appeal).

Nothing to see here, move along.

To this day I always love UW-madison fans and their 7 NCAA probations, top 10 all-time in NCAA history, talk about our ethics considering we have ZERO NCAA probations in our history.  Ho hum.

^5 Chicos...+100

butchbadger

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 10:07:20 PM »
So if we are talking apples to apples... am I to assume Mr Newbill will attending school at Marquette with a very difficult major and not play competitive hoops again?  

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 10:09:50 PM »
I mean really...the coach comes to this board and asks how to register for the Pro-am League?? Doesn't know anything about it....this is b.s.

This Philly coach sounds like a troll...wonder from where?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 10:13:40 PM »
I mean really...the coach comes to this board and asks how to register for the Pro-am League?? Doesn't know anything about it....this is b.s.

http://www.myspace.com/cofasportsinc

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 10:16:28 PM »
Butch, it seems to me that many details are missing, perhaps we should all wait until they come in.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 10:17:38 PM »

Per PhillyCoach yesterday:
talked to dj and he wants to play. Wants to know what site does he need to go on to sign up for the pro am

According to that, DJ didn't know he was getting voted off the island as of yesterday.  Yet Buzz said a while ago that the player who would not be here knew about it.  Something doesn't smell right.  Is someone else leaving too??

butchbadger

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 10:20:27 PM »
According to that, DJ didn't know he was getting voted off the island as of yesterday.  Yet Buzz said a while ago that the player who would not be here knew about it.  Something doesn't smell right.  Is someone else leaving too??

no no nothing to see here ....move along

:P ::)

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 10:25:18 PM by butchbadger »

babytownfrolics

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 10:30:52 PM »
According to that, DJ didn't know he was getting voted off the island as of yesterday.  Yet Buzz said a while ago that the player who would not be here knew about it.  Something doesn't smell right.  Is someone else leaving too??

no no nothing to see here ....move along

:P ::)

Butch, may you go straight to ..  Whatever it takes to make Buzz look bad.  You have not a clue how Buzz deals with these things yet here you are fostering rumors on an anonymous message board.  
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 08:07:55 AM by mu_hilltopper »

butchbadger

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 10:38:12 PM »
What rumors did I start (or foster)?

Scum? to hell?  Not what I was taught in catholic school. ::)

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 10:42:16 PM »
Here's a better question.... Why does Butch even care? Honestly, if your a Badger fan, what difference does it make if a MU recruit comes or not. Especially, a guy that UW had no interest in recruiting wise.

The guy just flaming, its that simple. Sad

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 10:44:36 PM »
Whatever the case, I will look forward to hearing the statement from Buzz regarding this - if this is in fact true.  And, if it is true that Newbill was academically qualified/eligible - and was not told from the beginning he was going to prep school (before he signed LOI)...for the first time I will be disappointed with Buzz.  Regarding Roseboro, Mbao, Maymon..they all at least got to campus and had a chance to compete - and realized they were either overmatched or unhappy and decided to leave.  If DJ is "cut" before ever getting a chance to compete against MU players and show his skills..I'd be very disappointed in Buzz.  That type of conduct does not seem to jive with who Buzz is - I just don't see him doing this.  Even if Wilson is a better prospect than DJ..I think we owe it to a kid we sign to at least let him get to campus to compete/earn his scholarship.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 10:45:10 PM »
Here's a better question.... Why does Butch even care? Honestly, if your a Badger fan, what difference does it make if a MU recruit comes or not. Especially, a guy that UW had no interest in recruiting wise.

The guy just flaming, its that simple. Sad

I'm sure in their dream of dreams they were hoping to get Wilson, which is where some of this hatred is coming from.  Some of the clowns over there are still plenty bitter about Vander giving the Badgers the FUBR.  If they lose Tokoto, it will be like clockwork over there as they claim how dirty UNC is.  The posts are already written, they just have to hit send.  Can you imagine the circle jerk if Tokoto picked MU...oh my God.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 10:53:46 PM »
J.P. Tokoto to MU!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 10:55:47 PM »
Whatever the case, I will look forward to hearing the statement from Buzz regarding this - if this is in fact true.  And, if it is true that Newbill was academically qualified/eligible - and was not told from the beginning he was going to prep school (before he signed LOI)...for the first time I will be disappointed with Buzz.  Regarding Roseboro, Mbao, Maymon..they all at least got to campus and had a chance to compete - and realized they were either overmatched or unhappy and decided to leave.  If DJ is "cut" before ever getting a chance to compete against MU players and show his skills..I'd be very disappointed in Buzz.  That type of conduct does not seem to jive with who Buzz is - I just don't see him doing this.  Even if Wilson is a better prospect than DJ..I think we owe it to a kid we sign to at least let him get to campus to compete/earn his scholarship.

+1000   Ners, you and I are on the same page for once.  That would be extremely disappointing, but that's also why I want all the facts on this, not a bunch of jagoffs like Eric the Red who I could count more things wrong from him on Buckyville and Badgernation in 1 month time period than this entire board in the same time period.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 11:03:31 PM »
+1000   Ners, you and I are on the same page for once.  That would be extremely disappointing, but that's also why I want all the facts on this, not a bunch of jagoffs like Eric the Red who I could count more things wrong from him on Buckyville and Badgernation in 1 month time period than this entire board in the same time period.

One thing all MU fans can agree on:  Bucky sucks.  I do look forward to hearing what is going on with Newbill, now that its been published that Jamil is transferring to MU.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

feedback