Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Next MU HOF inductees--who is your favorite?  (Read 6212 times)

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
Re: Next MU HOF inductees--who is your favorite?
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 08:25:47 AM »
Didn't have to look it up....one of the great Dallas Cowboys, and that's saying something. Part of the Doomsday Defense that gave the Pokes a Super Bowl victory.  He was a multiple pro bowl player (5 or 6 times). 

I'd argue one of the top 5 defensive ends in Dallas Cowboys history.  Should be in the Ring of Honor.

I am ashamed to admit I had absolutely no idea! Thanks for sharing 77 and Chicos.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 08:35:34 AM »
Didn't have to look it up....one of the great Dallas Cowboys, and that's saying something. Part of the Doomsday Defense that gave the Pokes a Super Bowl victory.  He was a multiple pro bowl player (5 or 6 times). 

I'd argue one of the top 5 defensive ends in Dallas Cowboys history.  Should be in the Ring of Honor.

Tuesday, I was in Big D, and the car radio had a sports talk guy suggesting a trifecta induction to the Ring of Honor, of the Cowboy rushers of note- George Andrie, Charles Haley, and Ed Too Tall Jones---many callers agreed with him/you.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 05:24:19 PM »
Most people don't know that Andrie couldn't play his senior season because we dropped football as a sport.  He was drafted by the Cowboys anyway, in the 6th round.  The Cowboys have been famous over the years for taking guys in middle to late rounds that are a bit of a flyer (Carl Lewis, Bob Hayes, etc).

For a 6th round pick, Andrie turned out to be an incredible find.  

Andrie was known for knocking out Johnny Unitas in Super Bowl V, but the Cowboys lost on the last play of the game.  The following year the won by crushing Miami.  To get there, the Cowboys had to beat the 49ers.  Andrie had a key interception in that game off John Brodie and ran it back to the 2 yard line.  The Boys scored and went on to win the game.

For you Packers fans, Andrie scored a touchdown off a fumble in the Ice Bowl.   He was a great player
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:26:47 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 06:56:59 PM »

For a 6th round pick, Andrie turned out to be an incredible find.  

In a Geritol generation matching of the wits contest, I would put forth that an even better find was Milwaukee native Karl Kassulke, the Minnesota Vikings safety who was drafted in the 11th round in 1963 by the Detroit Lions out of Drake.  Although drafted by Detroit, he somehow ended up in Minnesota by opening day and never played for any other team.  I don't think that Matt Millen was running the Lions back in 1963 either.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2010, 07:09:42 PM »
Oh, and by the way, Karl Kussulke was a member of the final Marquette Golden Avalanche team.  Evidently, he transferred to Drake after MU shut down the football team, so I guess that I will nominate Karl for the MU HOF.

Getting back to Mr. Andre, however, few people know that he played two ways at MU and led the team in receiving during his two years on the team.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.