collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Chicago Bachelor Party  (Read 3822 times)

shaquilvaine

• Starter
Chicago Bachelor Party
« on: June 05, 2010, 02:41:31 PM »
I'm hosting my younger brother's bachelor party in chicago on labor day weekend.  chicago was a good central location for his friends.  I live in Milwaukee and am looking for ideas for the weekend.  We may start with a cubs game.  Anyone have any tips on getting tickets, rooftop seats, etc.  Also, what bars/clubs would you recommend?  Thanks in advance.

🏀

• All American
Re: Chicago Bachelor Party
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 04:40:39 PM »
Cubs games are difficult unless you are springing for transportation.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 04:52:37 PM »
Here is a good reference rooftop link...these are fun but not cheap as most are a club suite setting.  The rooftops typically have limited liquor licenses so just like in the park, drinks are cut off after the 7th inning.  They scoot you out after.   If you go, it is more about the people watching and socializing than the game, but that is true inside the park as well.   :D

http://www.thecubdom.com/features/wrigleyrooftop_overview.html

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 05:41:58 PM »
You may want to rethink the whole Chicago thing and bust out in Madison. Probably be cheaper and if you pm ZFB, I'm certain he can hook your group up with some real nice party girls who hang around the Badger Bus Depot.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUFC9295

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 06:28:57 PM »
Craigslist and stubhub are good resources for tix to Cubs... and Sox!  The broker community does not subscribe to supply and demand when setting prices as seen by high secondary market prices in a down year for attendance.  Rest assured, however, any weekend game will be well attended by the sunburnt, inebriated guys and gals from near and far.  But I digress.  I've had excellent luck with Stubhub, but large groups may have to split up.  I agree with the Dr. regarding the rooftops.  Just google "Wrigley Rooftops" and shop.  Those are your best bet for a party.  Many places are selling individual tickets due to lack of corporate demand... my preference is always to walk out of the clark and addison area to hit bars after the game.  Though many in the vicinty may suit your purposes.  Sheffields (for the beer garden) is a close walk.  Also, the Schoolyard will welcome the Marquette community, of course.  Head back downtown for restaurants and clubs though.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 09:03:45 PM »
did my bachelor party in chicago.  did Cubs game, hung out in wrigleyville, drank on the EL, then went to Rush st.  Not sure what the springing for transportation comment from PTM meant.  We picked up bleacher seats and sat at the very top of the upper level, there's a bar there.

everyone just pricelined their hotels.

just don't tell the cabby "Fairfield Inn bitch" repeatedly, cuz he'll let you out after a 1/4 block.

bonus was meeting 4never for the first time on the EL.  He had a bottle of blue nun in a brown bag and axed me for a quarter.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 09:15:03 PM »
did my bachelor party in chicago.  did Cubs game, hung out in wrigleyville, drank on the EL, then went to Rush st.  Not sure what the springing for transportation comment from PTM meant.  We picked up bleacher seats and sat at the very top of the upper level, there's a bar there.

everyone just pricelined their hotels.

just don't tell the cabby "Fairfield Inn bitch" repeatedly, cuz he'll let you out after a 1/4 block.

bonus was meeting 4never for the first time on the EL.  He had a bottle of blue nun in a brown bag and axed me for a quarter.

My transportation comment really depends on the size of the group. The El wasn't conducive to our large group to get back into the city.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 02:10:53 AM »
I'm hosting my younger brother's bachelor party in chicago on labor day weekend.  chicago was a good central location for his friends.  I live in Milwaukee and am looking for ideas for the weekend.  We may start with a cubs game.  Anyone have any tips on getting tickets, rooftop seats, etc.  Also, what bars/clubs would you recommend?  Thanks in advance.

Have done many a bachelor party beginning on the rooftops....never disappointed.  They are all inclusive (all you can eat/drink) and face is usually around $150-$175/person which ends up being a decent deal depending on how much you consume.  Weekend rooftops in the summer are probably already sold out so you'll have to do stubhub or individuals which will prob be closer to $200/person.

After the game....Casey Moran's has been the popular spot the last several years but unless you leave in 6th or 7th you'll be waiting in line and it'll be mostly dudes...not worth it.  Try Moe's Cantina on Clark.....Vines has a great outdoor area and has been picking up lately.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 06:31:37 AM »

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 06:41:10 AM »
The El wasn't conducive to our large group to get back into the city.

That must have been the world's largest bachelor party.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 07:20:19 AM »
No kidding (world's largest bachelor's party), you can pick up weekend El passes at about every Walgreen's in the Chicago area.

Just checked the schedule, the Mets are in town that weekend.  Face value tickets are at their highest prices for that series (as with the Sox and Cards).  Good luck, hopefully the Cubs continue to suck to drive down the prices.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 09:12:08 AM »
That must have been the world's largest bachelor party.

30 guys going from a rooftop to downtown after the game, wasn't the best choice. 90% of the party had never been on the El, and had to have their drunk hands held to figure out how to buy a ticket.

If you could have a self-contained Wrigley bachelor party, that would be the best. However, there's no hotels to fricking stay at near the park.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 09:30:29 AM »
30 guys going from a rooftop to downtown after the game, wasn't the best choice. 90% of the party had never been on the El, and had to have their drunk hands held to figure out how to buy a ticket.

If you could have a self-contained Wrigley bachelor party, that would be the best. However, there's no hotels to fricking stay at near the park.

were those 30 guys from Uzbekistan?  WTF?  How hard is it to get on a damn train?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 01:46:13 PM »
Rent yourself a CTA train then...dancers allowed with a boom box.

http://www.transitchicago.com/news_initiatives/chartertrain.aspx