collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Blackhawks  (Read 50714 times)

DCWarriors04

• All American
Re: Blackhawks
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2011, 09:27:02 PM »
Vancouver and Luongo benefited from a lot of luck last night...4 shots by the Hawks hit iron and Luongo made 3 or 4 amazing saves out there. Luck was also clearly evident in Vancouver's first goal...nasty bounce and an amazing redirect right in front of Crawford.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2011, 09:46:13 AM »
Vancouver was very physical in the game.  I can't decide if I want John Scott to suit up.  He'll kick your ass but he also is the worst hickey player I have ever seen.

Right now I think I'm against him playing.  I may change my mind after tonight.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2011, 09:15:11 PM »
Answer: two men you would be afraid to sit by on the bus.

Question: who are the two men selected to sing at tonights Canucks game.

Love the oldschool Vancouver sweaters.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2011, 04:55:51 AM »
Just wondering where all the 'Hawks excitement went.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2011, 08:20:09 AM »
Vancouver was very physical in the game.  I can't decide if I want John Scott to suit up.  He'll kick your ass but he also is the worst hickey player I have ever seen.

Right now I think I'm against him playing.  I may change my mind after tonight.

I think you were right.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2011, 08:48:39 AM »
Ughhh he made such a stupid penalty. 

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2011, 08:54:36 AM »
I didn't expect the Hawks to make it out of the first round, but I thought they would at least make it competitve.  It sucks the Bolland has been out as he caused them fits last year.  Also Luongo has been incredible now that Byfuglien is gone.

Aside from Hossa and Campbell this is still a very young team so hopefully they can think about this first round exit, get there crap together, and actually come ready to play next year.  There seemed to be a Stanley Cup hangover all year.  (Insert Kaner joke here.)

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2011, 10:02:54 AM »

Seriously?  Idk, maybe they are playing the best team in hockey.  If there was enthusiasm, you would probably be spouting off about how Blackhawk fans are not knowledgeable and ill-informed bandwagoners cause clearly there is nothing to be excited about.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2011, 10:22:07 AM »

The Bulls bandwagon.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2011, 10:22:48 AM »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2011, 10:28:00 AM »
The Bulls bandwagon.

I think of all the Chicago teams, the Bulls have the least bandwagon following of them all.

The Bears will waiver a bit in down years. The Cubs will draw well no matter what, it just becomes a difference between large crowds everyday or sellout crowds everyday. The Sox fans are passionate and will stay away if they don't feel the team is there, and the Blackhawks have had a steady bandwagon, which will eventually not be a bandwagon at all.

Let's not get into how big the Bucks were in Milwaukee until 2001. Or how the Brewers have drawn much better with a better team/owner.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2011, 10:57:40 AM »
Every market is like that, I just couldn't resist.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2011, 11:20:35 AM »
Every market is like that, I just couldn't resist.

Damn, non-dedicated sports fans making us look bad!

Coleman

• All American

🏀

• All American

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2011, 11:40:30 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXW_seMlqpA&feature=related

He is the clown of the team.  Every fan knows that.  He acts like a goof on purpose.  Look at the mullet he debuts for the playoffs.  For all of the haters out there you should tell every other 21 year old that you know to cease having fun.  But then again they are not making $5 million a year either.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2011, 11:44:32 AM »
He is the clown of the team.  Every fan knows that.  He acts like a goof on purpose.  Look at the mullet he debuts for the playoffs.  For all of the haters out there you should tell every other 21 year old that you know to cease having fun.  But then again they are not making $5 million a year either.

I'm not hating. Love KANER!

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2011, 11:47:15 AM »
I'm not hating. Love KANER!

I was directing at the haters/people not understanding his personality...not sure who they are though....but I know you are not one of them.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2011, 12:52:41 PM »
Not sure it went anywhere.  Not a lot to be excited about with your team down 3-0 in the series.  You seem pretty preoccupied with the Blackhawks "bandwagon."

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2011, 01:10:46 PM »
I think of all the Chicago teams, the Bulls have the least bandwagon following of them all.

The Bears will waiver a bit in down years. The Cubs will draw well no matter what, it just becomes a difference between large crowds everyday or sellout crowds everyday. The Sox fans are passionate and will stay away if they don't feel the team is there, and the Blackhawks have had a steady bandwagon, which will eventually not be a bandwagon at all.

Let's not get into how big the Bucks were in Milwaukee until 2001. Or how the Brewers have drawn much better with a better team/owner.

Earlier this season the Cubs had their smallest crowd in 9 years. Ricketts, Kenney and Hayward are driving away fans and proving they don't have any idea how to run a Major League baseball team. Come back, John McDonaugh!

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2011, 01:16:11 PM »
Earlier this season the Cubs had their smallest crowd in 9 years. Ricketts, Kenney and Hayward are driving away fans and proving they don't have any idea how to run a Major League baseball team. Come back, John McDonaugh!

McDonough is a stud and the Cubs miss him....but do you know how many MLB teams wish their lowest home attendance in 9 years is 26,000+?!

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2011, 02:02:06 PM »
McDonough is a stud and the Cubs miss him....but do you know how many MLB teams wish their lowest home attendance in 9 years is 26,000+?!

True...although there were maybe 15k actually there.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2011, 10:11:58 PM »
In all fairness, it ws a rainy, cold, afternoon weekday game against the Pirates.

But its true, attendance is down this year.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2011, 10:16:21 PM »
I've hated on Chicagoey bandwagonness a lot on here in regards to the Hawks, but I'll be the first to say that the Bulls always have a strong following. Since Jordan there are so many kids that grew up on Bulls basketball, that even in a league that struggles to draw from a lot of demographics, the Bulls are a great franchise.  Culturally there's a reason they're in the conversation for every big free agent.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #174 on: April 19, 2011, 08:03:10 AM »
Not sure it went anywhere.  Not a lot to be excited about with your team down 3-0 in the series.  You seem pretty preoccupied with the Blackhawks "bandwagon."

Sure it did.  It left the state.

I wouldn't say I'm preoccupied, I'd say I'm just not surprised.

feedback