collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Blackhawks  (Read 50656 times)

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
Re: Blackhawks
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2010, 08:19:29 AM »
The one I feel bad for is Sopel.  They interviewed him on Wednesday about his participation with his family and the Cup in the Gay Pride Parade and how proud he was of the team and the city.

24 hours later he's traded.

I agree....he does a lot of charity work in the city also...interview yesterday he said he is making a pit stop in Atlanta and hopes to come back to the Hawks, family will stay in Chicago and will retire as a BlackHawk....classy guy.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2010, 10:16:07 AM »
The one I feel bad for is Sopel.  They interviewed him on Wednesday about his participation with his family and the Cup in the Gay Pride Parade and how proud he was of the team and the city.

24 hours later he's traded.

Yeah I agree completely.  He's a 100% class act, someone that doesn't get nearly enough credit for what he does especially off the ice.  About 3 years ago he and his wife adopted a 17 year old boy after both of his parents died within six months of each other.

He participates extensively in Operation Homefront, supporting military families who have family members on current active deployment.  The past two years he and his wife hosted more than a dozen families for a Christmas parties and provided all of them with a dinner and gifts.

We are lucky to have guys like him in sports in general, and it was an honor to have him wear the Indianhead sweater.  It's too bad that he makes top pair money while skating on the 3rd pairing on a team up against the cap.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

warrior_rugby15

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2011, 07:47:31 PM »
Here we go again!

UpNorthEagle

• Walk-On
« Reply #128 on: April 10, 2011, 09:42:43 PM »
Here we go again!
all the way to a first round playoff loss! 

The hawks will not win the cup this season.  The Red Wings on the other hand...

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2011, 06:30:09 AM »
I see that the 'Hawks are now popular again.

Way to shake that band wagon label from last year guys!

GO WINGS.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2011, 07:33:08 AM »
Let's go B's!!!!!

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: Blackhawks - NHL PLAYOFF Thread
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2011, 07:50:33 AM »
I would love to see the Pens make a run, but really I just want to see Crosby on the ice again.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2011, 09:42:10 AM »
I see that the 'Hawks are now popular again.

Way to shake that band wagon label from last year guys!

GO WINGS.

Or maybe the fact that I doubt there would be a lot of chatter about the NHL regular season on here but people love playoff hockey.  My roommate is a diehard Penguins fan, and has been since he was a toddler, and can often be found in his room watching game streams on his computer, but he rarely brings them up, but once the playoffs start, thats all he can talk about.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2011, 09:48:54 AM »
Or maybe the fact that I doubt there would be a lot of chatter about the NHL regular season on here but people love playoff hockey.  My roommate is a diehard Penguins fan, and has been since he was a toddler, and can often be found in his room watching game streams on his computer, but he rarely brings them up, but once the playoffs start, thats all he can talk about.

I like what I said better.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2011, 02:17:46 PM »
Go DUCKS Go

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2011, 03:43:12 PM »
Go DUCKS Go

Niemi and the Ducks have owned us this year.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2011, 04:22:08 PM »
Niemi and the Ducks have owned us this year.

And Vancouver has owned the league.....I am a BlackHawks fan but Vancouver is way too deep for the Hawks and it will be a sweep or the Hawks win one at home....just my feeling....Canucks want revenge for the past two years.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2011, 04:30:44 PM »
It does seem to be a miss-match but the Hawks always seem to be in Luongo's head.  Granted the Hawks no longer have Byfuglien there to get in the crease.

It's hurts too that Bolland is just coming back from a concussion.  I don't expect much from him.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2011, 04:35:42 PM »
And keep in mind that the last time a team from Canada won the Cup was Montreal in 1993.  This is Canada's/Canucks best shot at winning the Cup in a long time.  Not implying anything about the referees throughout the playoffs or anything...well maybe a little.

warrior_rugby15

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2011, 02:25:13 AM »
That Boston - Montreal series is going to be a tough one. Those teams hate each other.

I would like to see Original Six teams advance, but I don't see NYR or the Hawks getting by.

DCWarriors04

• All American
« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2011, 10:07:53 AM »
- Hawks will be/are in Luongo's head. This is the same man that cried the last 2 years after the Hawks eliminated them.  Sure it's not the same Hawks team, but the Hawks still managed to put 12 past him this year during the regular season.
- Vancouver knows what's happened the last 2 years...and the pressure gets ramped up since they won the President's Trophey this year. Look how well the Caps did last year.
- While this was a down year for the Hawks (lengthy hangover from last June), I expect them to come out fired up, especially Toews.

Great series, great rivalry...Hawks in seven!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2011, 02:04:01 PM »
The 'Hawks have been really good in Vancouver this year. I think a mostly-healthy Dave Bolland is the difference tonight and Chicago stuns the Canucks by winning Game 1. I like the 'Hawks to win this in 6. While I know Vancouver is the deeper, and by all rights better team, they're also a team that Chicago has owned the past couple years, especially when it mattered.

Unfortunately, I don't see them going further than that. I really hope we don't end up losing to the evil SOBs that are the Detroit Red Wimps, but after hoisting the Cup last year, I'm okay with the 'Hawks not having a second consecutive dream summer. They were blasted by the salary cap and it'll take a year or three of rebuilding. When you finally have that Stanley Cup monkey off your back, it's a lot easier to accept.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2011, 02:13:53 PM »
Any Western Conference folks feel free to pipe in.  I am pretty big Bruins fan, and of course follow the big rivals in the East like the Caps, Pens, Habs...but I have ZERO clue on Western Conference teams.  Like none, just seems to be like in the NHL there is fairly big disconnect between the two conferences.  Feel like in the NBA, NFL, and lesser extent the MLB seems to be easier to know what is going on in the other conference.  Or maybe I am just lazy.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2011, 08:26:27 PM »
Any Western Conference folks feel free to pipe in.  I am pretty big Bruins fan, and of course follow the big rivals in the East like the Caps, Pens, Habs...but I have ZERO clue on Western Conference teams.  Like none, just seems to be like in the NHL there is fairly big disconnect between the two conferences.  Feel like in the NBA, NFL, and lesser extent the MLB seems to be easier to know what is going on in the other conference.  Or maybe I am just lazy.

I think the West is the better conference this year overall, but I'm bias.  So many teams are tightly bunched together.  When the defending champs limp in the final spot in the conference, that might explain how much quality there is in the west this year.  A team from the West has taken the Cup three of the last 4 years, but that doesn't always mean it's the best conference.  This year, I would say it is.  Whether or not that translates to a Cup, who knows.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=559208

Some great rivalries with Chicago and Detroit, Kings and Ducks, Sharks and Wings, Vancouver and Chicago have a little testiness at times.  Some great hockey played out this way.

Had a blast in 2003 and 2007 with the Ducks in the Finals...2007 brought home the Cup.  Attending Friday night's game.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2011, 06:09:59 AM »
Preds and Pekke Rinne look tough last night.  Would love to see Nashville get their first series win.  Sorry Chicos.  ;-)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2011, 09:08:04 AM »
The Hawks weren't in Luongo's head last night.  He made some great stops.

The Hawks looked like crap in the first period but really turned it around in the 2nd and 3rd.  I'm feeling better about Friday's game.  Hopefully Luongo doesn't stand on his head again.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2011, 10:26:19 AM »
The Hawks weren't in Luongo's head last night.  He made some great stops.

The Hawks looked like crap in the first period but really turned it around in the 2nd and 3rd.  I'm feeling better about Friday's game.  Hopefully Luongo doesn't stand on his head again.

Luongo's kick save in the 3rd was brilliant, stopped it with his damn toe.  The Hawks couldn't get a bounce or break to save their life last night, 3-4 inside of the posts and out.  They play like they did after they settled in last night and this could be a wild series.  On a positive, Crawford looked awesome.  Neither of those goals were really his fault.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2011, 11:08:53 AM »
Yeah Crawford was a stud last night as well.  Campbell made a stupid pass leading to a fast break and that redirect was amazing.  Not soft goals by any means.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2011, 12:46:35 PM »
I think the West is the better conference this year overall, but I'm bias.  So many teams are tightly bunched together.  When the defending champs limp in the final spot in the conference, that might explain how much quality there is in the west this year.  

Only 10 of the current BlackHawk players are actually defending champs thanks to the salary cap and Dale Tallon.  I do agree that the West is right now the better conference.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 01:05:37 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2011, 01:03:04 PM »
Heres to losing to the Canucks the first game for the 3rd straight year. Hopefully the rest of the series will play out like the past as well.

feedback