collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Unusual drinks you enjoy  (Read 5925 times)

KipsBayEagle

Unusual drinks you enjoy
« on: April 30, 2010, 10:13:05 AM »
its friday, already starting the drinking game one, figured i'd start this.  I enjoy Hot Toddy's otherwise known as hot whiskey.  its jameson, hot water and a lemon.  very good to start out the night.  If you got something you invented or something that is not usual, please share.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Unusual drinks you enjoy
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 10:18:39 AM »
I've been on a Spiced Rum + Root Beer kick recently.  Rum and Root Beer, R&R.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 10:19:46 AM »
I've been on a Spiced Rum + Root Beer kick recently.  Rum and Root Beer, R&R.

Fantastic combo.  Now try a Dr Pepper and Spiced rum.

LA

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 10:47:59 AM »

Always a good bet.

Also beer + coke + amaretto = Tasty Dr. Pepper drink

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 10:55:34 AM »
drop in a flaming shot of 151, and you have a Flaming Dr. Pepper

reinko

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 11:01:40 AM »
Warm weather always brings out my love of the mojito.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 11:48:44 AM »
Warm weather always brings out my love of the mojito.

+1

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 12:34:23 PM »
invented a shot in college.  was Jager and ranch dressing, with a splash of gin and salt and stirred with rusty scissors.  called in the frankenstein.  only one dude was up for it.  he claimed it was good.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 12:58:49 PM »
summer drinking for me is more cocktails and mixed drinks. Less beer. But when I do drink, it's on a porch or bar patio. Sprecher puma cola and captain is a pretty good mix when it's cold.

from one of the bartenders at Yeild and Vitucci's, now at Trinity, I helped perfect the "Jesus Bomb" or "Red bomb" equal parts red bull and red wine. I can't believe I still drink those...
Equally bad are shots I've had to do after losing bar dice. Burnt Christmas tree's aren't terrible (rail gin and hot sauce) but the worst I've ever consumed is the Mexican Missile:

First 1/3 shot tequila, then 1/3 shot southern comfort and lastly 1/3 shot Tabasco. For an extra kick I’ve had them with 151 rum substituted for the SoCo. Not for the weak stomached, or the intelligent.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 01:44:28 PM »
There's a bar by Miller Park called the SinBin.  They're the home of the Wolfbomb.

Poured jagerbomb.
Drop-shot of jamo.

It's a social shot.  You and your friends all get ready, count to 3 and then howl like a wolf as loud as you can before downing the mix.  It's the start of any good crapshow :P

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 01:45:08 PM »
Last summer I decided to bring back the Tom Collins.  The most apparent drawback is that not too many bartenders are familiar with it.  Beermosas are another new favorite.

And here's one that falls in the "don't try" category: my roommate tried to combine Seagram's 7 with Monster energy drink.  We called it SeaMon.  The color (and possibly taste) resembled that of nuclear frog jizz.

McMARQthy

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 04:55:01 PM »
Rockstar came out with these drinks that I believe were called Rockstar punched.  Half Rockstar half juice.  Had close to 10 cases of the stuff when the school year started.  Usually just drank about a shots worth of the drink then dropped in a shot of Takaa vodka.  Was great for when we were heading out for the night cause it was tasty, energizing, and I could walk down the street with them no problem.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 05:04:48 PM »
Jameson, Jameson Gold Reserve or Jameson 18 year old. Pour into glass. Enjoy.
But I like to throw handfuls...

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 06:08:11 PM »
now that i have matured and realise brain cells are finite, I generally confine myself to single malt or a wine with a pedigree. But back when I was immortal we used to have parties where the drink was a "hairy buffalo"  The host provided a small wading pool and the guests emptied the bottle of whatever they brought (beer,wine, scotch,bourbon or...) into it. Periodically koolaid was added and occasionally grain alcohol. A number of times I woke up on the floor of the apartment that was the scene of the crime and felt like i had been run over by a herd of bison

shaquilvaine

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 09:00:43 PM »
Red Breast Irish whiskey... I could drink this all day.  Johnny walker black label. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 09:15:32 PM »
Alabama Slammers

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 09:22:44 PM »
I had a beergarita tonight. Wasn't sure what I would think, but it was pretty good.

Funky Cold Medina

• Walk-On
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 08:31:38 AM »
Last summer I decided to bring back the Tom Collins.  The most apparent drawback is that not too many bartenders are familiar with it.  Beermosas are another new favorite.

And here's one that falls in the "don't try" category: my roommate tried to combine Seagram's 7 with Monster energy drink.  We called it SeaMon.  The color (and possibly taste) resembled that of nuclear frog jizz.

Beermosas, also known as Bo-j's amongst my friends, is a new favorite of mine as well.  Tasty treat in the morning before a ball game.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 08:43:49 AM »
Also I forgot Hop, Skip and Go Naked. Beer, Frozen Concentrate Lemonade and Vodka. So good.
But I like to throw handfuls...

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 09:42:04 AM »
back in high school i mixed Mountain Dew Code Red and Captain Morgan's. It was pretty good.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010, 11:22:34 AM »
Also I forgot Hop, Skip and Go Naked. Beer, Frozen Concentrate Lemonade and Vodka. So good.

I think I witnessed the combining of something similar called a lunchbox. It was OJ Concentrate, Beer and... other bad decision making ingredients

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2010, 11:25:29 AM »
Last summer I decided to bring back the Tom Collins.  The most apparent drawback is that not too many bartenders are familiar with it.

Excellent call.  One bar we went to had to go to the basement for a Tom Collins mix when we asked for it.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 11:25:38 AM »
I think I witnessed the combining of something similar called a lunchbox. It was OJ Concentrate, Beer and... other bad decision making ingredients

PCP?

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 12:19:12 PM »
That used to be a regular drink at home before I was introduced to Captain and Coke Zero.  I swear, you can mix it 50/50 before you even start to notice the alcohol.  It must be some kind of chemical reaction :P.  Can be dangerous though, especially when you open a can and don't want to waste any.  Thats a lot of rum!

Besides the taste, no calories from the Coke side of the mixture and the caffiene counteracts the alcohol effect so us old guys can get a buzz and still stay awake!

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 01:37:30 PM »
Bookers plus two frozen 1 inch cubes of H2O
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

feedback