Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[May 31, 2024, 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Anybody Know...  (Read 7235 times)

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
Re: Anybody Know...
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 01:49:56 AM »
Haha you're a fool.  You're right, everything is public as to when recruits are making visits to campus.  And we just hand out free Marquette basketball gear to any people who may hang out with the players.  Please.  Not once have I said it is serious news.  IT WAS SIMPLY A QUESTION AS TO WHETHER OR NOT THERE ARE OTHER RECRUITS ON CAMPUS BESIDES DIENG AND NOREEN.  Is that clear?

And "if I followed the team?"  LOL!  My family has had season tickets for all 21 years of my life.  Went to Tennessee to watch the Sweet 16 when I was about 6 years old.  New York City for the NIT championship.  Minneapolis and New Orleans for the Final Four.  Was very good friends with Scott Christopherson for the year he was here.  And have 2 friends in athletic training who get some inside information (not often on recruits but on current players and injuries and other things...and just some good stories).

I saw some high school age looking kids wearing Marquette basketball gear and hanging out with the whole Marquette team and they did not fit the description of the 2 recruits on campus this weekend, so I was wondering who they may be.  The last time I saw a recruit go into the Broken Yolk with the whole team it was the day Vander Blue committed to Marquette.

And oh by the way, after Marquette Madness I said that I got the feeling Vander would be committing soon, and Tarik Black would not.  And I was right on both of those.  So I kind of follow the team.  A little bit.  Now, if you have any information on who these 3 guys may be (and by the way, Jimmy drove 1 of them in a very nice Audi while the rest of the team walked) I would appreciate any information you have (but because you don't have any information then it CAN'T be anything to look at, because EVERYTHING is so public with recruits in the basketball program...).  If not you can IGNORE THIS THREAD if it bothers you.

Prick

BOOM ROASTED
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 01:52:15 AM by APieperFan3 »
The "average fan" is an idiot.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 09:05:38 AM »
the thing i just dont get, is that this is a MU basketball fan message board, right? if not for this kind of speculation and banter, then why?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • āœ… Verified Member
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »
the thing i just dont get, is that this is a MU basketball fan message board, right? if not for this kind of speculation and banter, then why?

It's for serious business, obviously.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2010, 09:23:14 AM »
This thread is hilarious. Thanks mu35577 for turning an innocent question into the one of the most overblown "he said, she said" kind of arguments I've seen in a good long while.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2010, 09:40:28 AM »
Yeah, if you want serious MU basketball pontificating, the other board, assuming they're still in business or haven't banned everyone, is for the intellectually superior fan.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2010, 12:13:10 PM »
I saw a super tall (6-10+), clumsy white dude with a buzz cut on Madison's campus today.  actually, there was a group of about 9 of them walking together.

And I saw 4never sitting in sniffers row at the airport lounge on saturday too.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2010, 12:32:34 PM »
I saw a super tall (6-10+), clumsy white dude with a buzz cut on Madison's campus today.  actually, there was a group of about 9 of them walking together.

And I saw 4never sitting in sniffers row at the airport lounge on saturday too.
Clearly that cannot be true.  Unless you find a credible current UW student that can back that statement up, you're wasting our time.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2010, 12:43:17 PM »

Filming the sequel to American History X?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2010, 01:08:36 PM »
Clearly that cannot be true.  Unless you find a credible current UW student that can back that statement up, you're wasting our time.

no UW students, but a stripper named Daisy can verify 4never.   ;D

Les Nessman

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2010, 01:17:02 PM »
You are probably just overlooking the situation. Just because you saw some younger kids with the basketball team doesn't mean they are recruits. And if they were recruits and if you follow MU bball then you would most definately known who they are, or at least have an idea of who they are. Also, since you are the only one to have posted on this, clearly this is a non-relevant topic because if it was important, many people on campus would have seen them and there would be more information available. If you can get a more credible source to confirm these recruits, I will gladly take back my comments.

Douche.

State Street Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2010, 01:23:05 PM »
no UW students, but a stripper named Daisy can verify 4never.   ;D

He asked for credible sources and you offer a stripper.  Come on strippers are not credible they'll do say anything for the right price.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2010, 02:21:23 PM »
He asked for credible sources and you offer a stripper.  Come on strippers are not credible they'll do say anything for the right price.

Why the strike out on do?  Okay, It'd be more expensive than talk....

The above comments are based on knowledge gleaned from a source deemed reliable.  The commenter disavows any personal knowledge of the subject.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

feedback