Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Anybody Know...  (Read 7234 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Anybody Know...
« on: April 25, 2010, 01:53:10 PM »
whether there are any other recruits besides Dieng and Noreen on campus this weekend?  I just left 2040s and saw a lot of the team going into the Broken Yolk with 3 guys that looked like high school guys, all wearing Marquette basketball gear.  I'm not sure what Smith and Newbill look like, but I know it wasn't Blue, Jones, or Crowder.  Two of them were short guys, one thin and one pretty stocky, and the other was a 6'7" guy who looked more like a Gardner than a Dieng (thin).  Anybody know?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu35577

• Scholarship Player
Re: Anybody Know...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 07:39:30 PM »
unless you have any credible information, please don't bother and waste our time by posting this nonsense
"Give 'em Hell, Al"

Sawsi

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 07:53:12 PM »
unless you have any credible information, please don't bother and waste our time by posting this nonsense

Pump the breaks...he was just asking a simple question.  No need to bash him for a little off season speculation on who he may have seen walking with the team.

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 07:55:13 PM »

I see nothing wrong with his post. It was a much bigger waste of your time to leave that response.
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 09:27:40 PM »
Wow yeah sorry to ask.  I was just curious as to who it may be.  My guess would be for the class of 2011, because I was surprised to see 3 players that did NOT fit the descriptions of Dieng and Noreen along with the rest of the team, and they all seemed to be high school aged and wearing Marquette basketball gear.  I was just wondering if there is any word as to who these players are, or if they are even players at all.

So I guess if you're saying me seeing the team with 3 players walking into the Broken Yolk this morning isn't credible, well, I guess I could have imagined seeing 8 or 9 extremely tall (compared to the general population) guys all wearing Marquette basketball gear, 5 of them looking very familiar (aka they're on the Marquette team...Williams, Cadougan, Butler were all there along with others) guys walking in there.

My bad buddy.  I'll keep it to myself next time.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu35577

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 10:08:32 PM »
You are probably just overlooking the situation. Just because you saw some younger kids with the basketball team doesn't mean they are recruits. And if they were recruits and if you follow MU bball then you would most definately known who they are, or at least have an idea of who they are. Also, since you are the only one to have posted on this, clearly this is a non-relevant topic because if it was important, many people on campus would have seen them and there would be more information available. If you can get a more credible source to confirm these recruits, I will gladly take back my comments.
"Give 'em Hell, Al"

Boone

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 10:18:17 PM »
What kind of a jackass comment is that? Buzz plays it very close to the vest in recruiting, so even people who follow recruiting often don't know who's on campus from one day to the next.

Wadesworld, don't let this tool deter you from posting observations in the future. I'm not a current student, so I appreciate any reports of campus sightings.

WildBill77RT

• Scholarship Player
  • I know where the Superbar is
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 10:25:57 PM »
I remember when I was on campus, wondering who some folks were with the team when I saw them at parties the brew bayou.  If I had known about muscoop at the time, I probably would have posted too, so thanks for being my eyes on campus Wadesworld.  :)

And thanks to you too mu35577! Now I know what that ignore button does. ;)
\\\oo///

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 10:40:02 PM »
You are probably just overlooking the situation. Just because you saw some younger kids with the basketball team doesn't mean they are recruits. And if they were recruits and if you follow MU bball then you would most definately known who they are, or at least have an idea of who they are. Also, since you are the only one to have posted on this, clearly this is a non-relevant topic because if it was important, many people on campus would have seen them and there would be more information available. If you can get a more credible source to confirm these recruits, I will gladly take back my comments.
Haha you're a fool.  You're right, everything is public as to when recruits are making visits to campus.  And we just hand out free Marquette basketball gear to any people who may hang out with the players.  Please.  Not once have I said it is serious news.  IT WAS SIMPLY A QUESTION AS TO WHETHER OR NOT THERE ARE OTHER RECRUITS ON CAMPUS BESIDES DIENG AND NOREEN.  Is that clear?

And "if I followed the team?"  LOL!  My family has had season tickets for all 21 years of my life.  Went to Tennessee to watch the Sweet 16 when I was about 6 years old.  New York City for the NIT championship.  Minneapolis and New Orleans for the Final Four.  Was very good friends with Scott Christopherson for the year he was here.  And have 2 friends in athletic training who get some inside information (not often on recruits but on current players and injuries and other things...and just some good stories).

I saw some high school age looking kids wearing Marquette basketball gear and hanging out with the whole Marquette team and they did not fit the description of the 2 recruits on campus this weekend, so I was wondering who they may be.  The last time I saw a recruit go into the Broken Yolk with the whole team it was the day Vander Blue committed to Marquette.

And oh by the way, after Marquette Madness I said that I got the feeling Vander would be committing soon, and Tarik Black would not.  And I was right on both of those.  So I kind of follow the team.  A little bit.  Now, if you have any information on who these 3 guys may be (and by the way, Jimmy drove 1 of them in a very nice Audi while the rest of the team walked) I would appreciate any information you have (but because you don't have any information then it CAN'T be anything to look at, because EVERYTHING is so public with recruits in the basketball program...).  If not you can IGNORE THIS THREAD if it bothers you.

Prick

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 10:42:32 PM »

And who the F are you??  Do you know what Branden Dawson looks like?  Or other 2011 recruits - considering we have about 40 we are pursuing.  You know what all 40 2011 recruits look like? 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 10:47:32 PM »

You must have sat on something... one in a million shot, right?

mu35577

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 10:51:50 PM »
Well, from your track record (see DeShawn Painter) I just don't want to have another false alarm. I think that you are jumping to conclusions way to fast. Is there ANYONE ELSE out there that "saw" these people on campus and thought that they were mystery recruits? Because right now, I am getting bashed by a lot of people but no one has ANY info to support wadesworld.
"Give 'em Hell, Al"

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 10:57:42 PM »
He asked a pretty harmless question. I don't think he was trying to insinuate we have this new mystery recruit visiting or anything, just wondering if there were other people visiting. To be honest if I walked past Dieng this weekend the only way I would know it was him is just guessing since he is visiting. With as close as Buzz plays it to the vest, just because a recruit is visiting, doesn't mean everybody knows who they are.

The question has come up almost a dozen times who the big tall guy is that sits by the bench (one of Buzz's former players at UNO) and I remember it seemed every week when Buzz first started people wondered who Jamie was and thought he was a recruit. So not everyone knows who everyone involved is and even if it is answered on here, people don't always see it.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 11:02:09 PM »
Yo mu35577.  Chill the F out.  You're being an ass. 

Sawsi

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 11:07:14 PM »
Well, from your track record (see DeShawn Painter) I just don't want to have another false alarm. I think that you are jumping to conclusions way to fast. Is there ANYONE ELSE out there that "saw" these people on campus and thought that they were mystery recruits? Because right now, I am getting bashed by a lot of people but no one has ANY info to support wadesworld.

He wasn't jumping to any conclusions.  He simply asked a question about who the said person was that was walking with the team.  You are being bashed for going over the top and insulting someone over a simple question.  So take it easy, relax, and enjoy the offseason!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 11:42:54 PM »
Thanks to everyone who understands that it's a QUESTION.  I am not saying that we have 3 guys on campus that are going to commit to Marquette tomorrow.  I am ASKING if anybody knows of any other recruits that may have been on campus this weekend.  I'm not just making up (or imagining/dreaming) that I saw these "imaginary recruits."  It's been great getting to know you, though.

mu35577

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 11:50:19 PM »
I'm just saying that we should beware that this isn't a repeat of your DeShawn Painter post. (If you recall, you said he was signing with us and he didn't). I didn't want everyone to read this and get all excited...
"Give 'em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 11:51:52 PM »
I'm just saying that we should beware that this isn't a repeat of your DeShawn Painter post. (If you recall, you said he was signing with us and he didn't). I didn't want everyone to read this and get all excited...
Where in this entire thread did I say anybody was signing with us?  Just curious.  If you could quote it that would be great.

mu35577

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 11:54:56 PM »
you haven't said that in this thread. In the past, you have gotten people really excited over info that was false and I thought that the same thing could happen here. Have we found anyone else on MU's campus to verify this yet?!?!
"Give 'em Hell, Al"

Boone

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 12:08:39 AM »
So, you're accusing Wadesworld of lying? What kind of a d-bag are you?

mu35577

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 12:23:18 AM »
Not lying...just too quick to post unconfirmed information (see Painter)...
"Give 'em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 12:25:47 AM »
Relax and get over the Painter thing.  I was wrong about 1 guy 2 years ago, and that was a completely different situation.  That must have had some very hardcore psychological effects on you.  I'm asking a question here about 3 guys I saw on campus with the rest of the basketball team.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 12:39:18 AM »
I saw Mbao walk into the Subway on Wells on Saturday March 19 (day off between tournament games), but there were no students around to corroborate my story, so I didn't post it.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 12:42:13 AM »

Dude.  I don't think you understood me.  Chill out.  Maybe the F confused you,

TJ

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 12:44:30 AM »
I saw Mbao walk into the Subway on Wells on Saturday March 19 (day off between tournament games), but there were no students around to corroborate my story, so I didn't post it.
Also, I went to that Marquette Circles event in Madison just after Buzz was hired as head coach just to hear him speak, and then me and a friend went out to dinner afterwords and in walked Buzz and what I assumed was a recruit and now assume was Jeronne Maymon, though I don't remember what the guy I saw looked like.  But again, no students around to corroborate, so I didn't post.