[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by Galway Eagle
[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PointWarrior
[Today at 12:57:23 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by PointWarrior
[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Starting Line Up/Introduction Music  (Read 61763 times)

wadefan#1

• Starter
Re: Starting Line Up/Introduction Music
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2010, 05:29:04 PM »
I hate  U2

SqueallyDRyan

• Starter
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2010, 07:01:46 PM »
you have to love the off season.  I vote that we keep u2's "where the streets have no name" and will continue to do so every year when this comes up
It's not the size of your Diener; its how you use it

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2010, 08:48:18 PM »
I'd go with the first 40 seconds of this Foghat song, the best rock song intro out there.  (Yes, I'm old.)  Of course, the title would prevent MU from ever using it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfaUDzgNOQ

I guess I'm OK with Streets; hell, I never get there early enough to see the intro!  I always have to go for that second schooner at the Brat Stop....

krocheck

• Starter
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2010, 10:59:30 PM »
I think this stems from a larger problem I have w/ MU being cookie cutter in general. I’m so proud to be an alum but it just kills me sometimes the way the university conducts business. I’m sorry but I don’t feel like that intro is different or special than any other top program in the country. Yes, there is only so much you can do w/ just an intro but would love Marquette to grow a pair and do something original.

I seriously doubt very many other programs in the country use 'Streets' by U2 as their intro.  While most programs do have into videos during pre-game, the number that do it in a pro-level arena with the a/v facilities provided there (as bad as they are in the BC) are fairly small, though steadily growing.  Until the Joyce center's remodel, they were using two pull-down projection screens with generic computer projectors.  Its sounded ok ... couldn't see it that well.  MU is not cookie cutter.  Pick a more modern song that a number of other programs flock to because its modern and hip ... that's cookie cutter.

On that point, Todd Scheel (fxinmotion.com) and his guys are the in-game-entertainment gurus.  Now, I have personal opinions that they have fallen short of expectations the last few years, but there was a time they used MU to experiment with new in-game music, t-shirt cannons, ball blasters, etc.  As far as in-game goes, Scheel used MU in part to create the cookie-cutter that you perceive ... you just don't know it.

Keith
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 11:02:49 PM by krocheck »

flash

• Team Captain
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2010, 11:43:20 PM »
I love our inroductions as they are right now with streets.  I would be upset if they changed it.  I always get the chills when i hear that song. 

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2010, 02:24:32 PM »
Stick with U2, I know way to many people who associate that song with being at an MU game.  I would however be open to a change if they went with the right song.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vfHNOrb3Yc

chapman

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2010, 06:05:04 PM »
Didn't they change it at the start of the '08-'09 season?  Can't remember to what exactly, some hip-hop song.  People here repeatedly went off about how lame the new intro was and there was either a petition or a couple calls made begging for the return of Streets.  Some preview article/Youtube video dropped the hint that Streets was to return and it did.  Since it's pretty much a given that they can't be trusted to change it to something better, I say we keep Streets.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2010, 10:08:24 PM »
This would be the best song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-7MeqSIj4E

Creep out whoever we were playing.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2010, 10:29:19 PM »
C'mon, the only introduction I want to here is the one we had in the olden days... when the public address announcer introdues the Marquette WARRIORS, "this week, ranked 4th by the Associated Press and 5th by the USA Today/ Coaches Poll."

Yes, for those of you old enough to remember, I know it was UPI rather than USA Today! I'll trade ALL ther music for rankings like this again!

MonsterWebWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2010, 11:51:53 PM »
I thought Syracuse had a pretty lame one at the time, but it didn't matter because their crowd was ready to go before intros even started.

The song was apparently written by one of the assistant coaches.  It even has a remix version that they used for the UConn game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQyvHRIC3e0&feature=related
"We need to get back to eating hamburgers."  - Buzz Williams

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2010, 12:24:04 AM »
C'mon, the only introduction I want to here is the one we had in the olden days... when the public address announcer introdues the Marquette WARRIORS, "this week, ranked 4th by the Associated Press and 5th by the USA Today/ Coaches Poll."

Yes, for those of you old enough to remember, I know it was UPI rather than USA Today! I'll trade ALL ther music for rankings like this again!

I'd kill for that on a weekly basis. I saw an interview with Al recently where he mentioned that at one point, they were ranked in the top ten for 6 straight years. Today, that's unfathomable. Even great teams like Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, and UConn have times when they slip into the teens, or even out of the poll. To be that consistently good for that long is amazing.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2010, 09:22:48 AM »
how about the first 1:05 of Critical Acclaim by Avenged Sevenfold?

If that doesn't stir your blood, nothing will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTHv7UCiXf4