[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by Galway Eagle
[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PointWarrior
[Today at 12:57:23 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by PointWarrior
[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Starting Line Up/Introduction Music  (Read 61762 times)

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
Starting Line Up/Introduction Music
« on: April 21, 2010, 12:21:57 PM »
Is anyone else sick of U2 “Where the Streets Have No Name” for song played during MU’s entrance? Let me be clear that I love the video but have never been satisfied with the choice of U2. As a student from 04-08 I figured Crean was in charge of it. Since he’s not the most hip guy he probably thought U2 would really rock the house (rolls eyes). After Buzz took over the reigns a couple seasons ago I thought for sure that intro music would be tweaked. Much to my dismay it is still the same stale old song.

Now, this discussion can take all sorts of direction because people are very adamant and passionate about music. Before we get into the so and so band is better than blah blah blah does anyone know what other songs the Big East teams use as an introduction?

I went to the MU @ DePaul game and the Blue Demons used the Black Eyed Peas this year (Barf). On the radio I heard Gtown use an instrumental version of the Notorious B.I.G. “Hypnotize” (edgier, ballsier selection than U2). Do other teams change it up year to year?

The only way I justify “Where the Streets Have No Name” as an intro song is to use reverse psychology. That song (U2 in general) makes me so angry that I would want to destroy my opponent. Otherwise someone in the Athletic Dept. please take note. Also, I really don't have any suggestions off the top of my head, this is just an issue that has bothered me beyond belief since my first MU game in January 04.

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Starting Line Up/Introduction Music
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 12:25:46 PM »
Do not change the song.  Streets is a part of the tradition now.

How does that song not fire you up?

MikeyT42

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 12:26:51 PM »
Welcome to the board. As if we don't have enough cynical people trolling around here.

And if you are someone who is bothered before the ball is thrown up in the air, you probably have 0 idea as to why you are at a game in the first place.

Welcome

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 12:29:59 PM »
I think we should revisit the name change argument, and use this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u05Qot_yh9c&feature=related

:D
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 12:32:09 PM »
Fact:  U2 sucks.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 12:39:28 PM »
I'm not cynical for expressing my dismay for U2. I'm glad someone said tradition because I don’t think this qualifies. does anyone actually know when MU first started using "Where the Streets Have No Name"? Sure MU has a Final 4 appearance under its belt using the song. Other than that, it has what? Two whopping tourney wins.

As for the suggestion about using the clip from the movie The Warriors, I’m all for it. That movie is classic and influential.

Why is everyone so against a little change?

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 12:40:24 PM »
I would love them to switch things up.   It would be pretty sweet if they would do something with Edgar Winter's Frankenstein.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olKilzV1G1s

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 12:43:53 PM »
As for the suggestion about using the clip from the movie The Warriors, I’m all for it. That movie is classic and influential.

I already tried...sent a letter to the committee back during the "Gold" name change fiasco a few years back. But I don't think there's any way a Catholic university would ever let their basketball team come out to anything that was inspired by a film about street gangs.  :'(

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 12:45:10 PM »
The song does rock the BC crowd, so unroll your eyes.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I am opposed to them changing it.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 12:51:16 PM »
Is anyone else sick of U2 “Where the Streets Have No Name” for song played during MU’s entrance?

No.

I still get chills hearing it as the "We are Mar-quette" chant starts up. I may still think "at guard, a 5 foot 11 inch (senior) from Richmond Indiana number 1, Dominic JAMES" and so on when that song comes on the radio

The only song I like hearing more at the BC is the 7 Nation Army chant

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 12:59:48 PM »
Fact: U2 does suck

Streets does not.

Warrior Forever

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 01:01:20 PM »
The Greatest Entrance in College Sports:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h1EW5z1wdc

If you get a chance, go to Blacksburg for a night game.  You'll never forget it.

PS - The Warrior/Bottle chant is something me and others wanted to start all the way back in the late 80s.  That would be classic.

Go Warriors.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 01:02:20 PM »
No.

I still get chills hearing it as the "We are Mar-quette" chant starts up. I may still think "at guard, a 5 foot 11 inch (senior) from Richmond Indiana number 1, Dominic JAMES" and so on when that song comes on the radio

The only song I like hearing more at the BC is the 7 Nation Army chant

+1  I'm not a U2 fan by any means, but I know they've been playing that song since my first game back in '02, and I get chills any time it comes on.  8 years is long enough to be a tradition in my book.  

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 01:06:43 PM »
Fact: U2 does suck

Streets does not.

I'll have to disagree with you.  The intro to Streets is kinda awesome.  The song itself is "meh" at best.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 01:17:31 PM »
I love Streets, But that va-tech intro was nasty. I'd be down for a switch to Metallica. Actually, since by far the best intro song for anything ever (excepting the Star Spangled Banner introducing an American Gold Medalist on the podium) is Trevor Hoffman coming out to Hell's Bells, I'd be down for a switch to that too.

But you gotta keep in mind that because there are player announcements and things that might change the impact of the song.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 01:31:59 PM »
I'll have to disagree with you.  The intro to Streets is kinda awesome.  The song itself is "meh" at best.

THREADJACK ALERT   :o  :o  :o  :o

If U2 sucks, who is good?  They have had 12 studio albums, 8 were awesome/very good (War, Boy, October, Achtung, J-Tree, All that You Can Leave Behind, The Unforgettable Fire, Rattle & Hum) 2 stinkers, (Pop and Zooropa), and 3 okays (No Line,  Atomic Bomb)

Have toured successfully, are all gifted musicians, take chances, write their music...whatever yeah Bono is a jag, but no other band since 1980 can touch the impact U2 has had on the music world, IMHO of course.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 01:38:42 PM »
Man, I hate the offseason.

Streets is part of the MU gameday experience, tradition, etc....it needs stay.  We have some of the best intros in college basketball...no need to change a thing.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 01:50:01 PM »
Something with attitude would be nice. Marquette basketball is tough. The Big East is the premier conference in the country. I want something that makes a statement. Something that scares other teams and let’s them know they are in for 40 minutes of hell. NOT something that makes me feel all warm inside.

State Street Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 01:52:16 PM »
I think overall the song choices by MU are great.  Not only streets but back when they used "We Ready" in pregame, along with Right here right now by fatboy slim.  Overall I think whoever is coming up with song choices and video is doing pretty good.

On a side note it was great to hear them announce DJ as starting guard on Senior night 2009.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 01:57:18 PM »
I love Streets, But that va-tech intro was nasty. I'd be down for a switch to Metallica. Actually, since by far the best intro song for anything ever (excepting the Star Spangled Banner introducing an American Gold Medalist on the podium) is Trevor Hoffman coming out to Hell's Bells, I'd be down for a switch to that too.

But you gotta keep in mind that because there are player announcements and things that might change the impact of the song.

Agree that "Hell's Bells" is the best intro going. However, would a Catholic institution want a song entitled "Hell's Bells" being played at their sporting events? I say that partially in jest, but it might actually be something to consider.

Whatever. "Streets" should stay as the intro song.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 01:58:57 PM »
If Streets makes you feel ""all warm inside" then you haven't been watching MU bball for a very long time.

90 percent of the people I talk to say they get goosebumps at the mere sound of Streets.  It invokes all of the great bball memories by our team over the years.

Where were you 2 years ago when the debate came up and we had people protesting MU Director of Something or another Craig Pintens (sp?) to change the song back.

(Sidenote: Va Tech's entrance is without a doubt the best in College Sports)

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 02:03:34 PM »
Something with attitude would be nice. Marquette basketball is tough. The Big East is the premier conference in the country. I want something that makes a statement. Something that scares other teams and let’s them know they are in for 40 minutes of hell. NOT something that makes me feel all warm inside.

The Bull's have had the same intro for ages, Sirius by the Alan Parsons Project.  Not really an "in your face" song, but you can't tell me that it doesn't get in guys heads a little bit when they had to hear that and know Jordan and team were waiting for them at tip-off.  The team makes the song.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 02:04:16 PM »
Agree that "Hell's Bells" is the best intro going. However, would a Catholic institution want a song entitled "Hell's Bells" being played at their sporting events? I say that partially in jest, but it might actually be something to consider.

Tell that to the AV people that often play it just prior to the second half tip at most home games...

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 02:04:53 PM »
oh I'm aware that we'd never use Hell's Bells as an intro. And I'm totally on board with sticking to Streets. I was just pointing out a couple other good intros. But really though, part of why Streets and Enter Sandman don't compare well is the difference in intro style. For Va-Tech football it builds and then like a medieval infantry charge the entire team rushes onto the field. No other announcements necessary. For our bball intros, Streets builds but then drops to a background for the voice overs. I think that affects what types of songs would work and what types wouldn't.

Mortgage guy

• Walk-On
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 02:06:27 PM »

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 02:15:37 PM »
Tell that to the AV people that often play it just prior to the second half tip at most home games...

Are you sure you're not thinking of Thunderstruck?

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 02:23:34 PM »
Streets makes me angry and fills me with rage. Hence, my original post about reverse psychology.  Da Bulls are a wholenother story because they were the FIRST team to dim the lights and use music. Sure the Bradley Center gets kinda pumped up, but it’s not the hostile environment that visiting teams would loath to face. For instance this season at WVU vs Louisville: Huggie Bear had to get on the blower to tell the crowd to calm down because they were so wild and out of control. I want me some of that.

I think most of the posts are proving my point that most people are stuck paradigm. That VA Tech clips is from 03, Trevor Hoffman has been using Hells Bells long before he played on the Brewers.

Maybe it’s a Milwaukee thing? Anybody get out much? It’s not 1987, other music has been made since. Let’s investigate.

Also, someone PLEASE give an example (preferably recent) about other BE teams. What does Syracuse do? UConn? Louisville? I gave the example that Georgetown has some edge.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 02:26:15 PM »
And seriously, this is Marquette we're talking about. The same board that gave you "The Gold." They should have been fired for that mishap alone. I would not put it past them to put together some kind of garbage like this. Don't let this happen to MU!!

http://deadspin.com/5517857/scott-stapp-ruins-baseball

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 02:29:07 PM »
I really like Streets as an intro.  The lead up to the song with the organ and drums really builds momentum IMO. 

Having said that; Greatest intro song ever here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guG9cVs3ms4

Marq

• Walk-On
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010, 02:29:24 PM »
I agree it time for a change. Its not like the one now is bad its just time for a change. My recommendation is something like the Boston Celtics Intro from the Playoffs in 2008. Its one of the best introductions I have ever seen/heard.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRbyNEUVzm8

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2010, 02:29:31 PM »
Maybe using old music that still kicks ass decades later isn't a Milwaukee thing but a sensible thing so that you avoid using some flash-in-the pan garbage by Creed

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 02:31:48 PM »
btw, that Celtics intro to Clint Mansell off the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack was pretty sweet.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 02:35:12 PM »
Sure the Bradley Center gets kinda pumped up, but it’s not the hostile environment that visiting teams would loath to face. For instance this season at WVU vs Louisville: Huggie Bear had to get on the blower to tell the crowd to calm down because they were so wild and out of control. I want me some of that.

No type of music is going to turn a MU crowd into a WVU crowd....that take generations of inbreeding and a heck of a lot of moonshine.

Sawsi

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2010, 02:39:22 PM »
Is it just me in thinking that an intro song doesn't strike fear into the opponent?  I'm all for keeping Streets because I happen to enjoy the goosebumps.

wizkid1304

• Walk-On
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2010, 02:41:29 PM »
Long time reader, first time poster.

UWM had a good intro this year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xordOCRq6Iw

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2010, 02:44:07 PM »
requiem for a dream is the most over used song in all of sports.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2010, 02:46:55 PM »
THREADJACK ALERT   :o  :o  :o  :o

If U2 sucks, who is good?  They have had 12 studio albums, 8 were awesome/very good (War, Boy, October, Achtung, J-Tree, All that You Can Leave Behind, The Unforgettable Fire, Rattle & Hum) 2 stinkers, (Pop and Zooropa), and 3 okays (No Line,  Atomic Bomb)

Have toured successfully, are all gifted musicians, take chances, write their music...whatever yeah Bono is a jag, but no other band since 1980 can touch the impact U2 has had on the music world, IMHO of course.

Matter of fact, I think The Joshua Tree is one of the best albums of the past 30 years, maybe top 25 ever. It's their masterpiece.

People are sick and tired of U2 because they're overexposed and preachy...but they're supremely talented.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2010, 02:52:27 PM »
Is it just me in thinking that an intro song doesn't strike fear into the opponent?  I'm all for keeping Streets because I happen to enjoy the goosebumps.

The opponents are huddled up getting "coached up" while MU's intro song is being played. The notion that playing a different, tougher, more intimidating song will somehow give MU a competitive advantage is laughable.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2010, 02:56:51 PM »
I really like Streets as an intro.  The lead up to the song with the organ and drums really builds momentum IMO. 

Having said that; Greatest intro song ever here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guG9cVs3ms4

Skitch beat me to WWF intros (and Hogan's real american is the greatest) but: For the team http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMs7juOPsDw&feature=related
for Buzz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TwLOOFvzS4&feature=related

Creighton does For whom the bell tolls:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ADPedGPaw&feature=related
kinda lame actually.. but so is the "Jays"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2010, 03:05:08 PM »

Actually, I agree with that as well.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2010, 03:11:58 PM »
I think this stems from a larger problem I have w/ MU being cookie cutter in general. I’m so proud to be an alum but it just kills me sometimes the way the university conducts business. I’m sorry but I don’t feel like that intro is different or special than any other top program in the country. Yes, there is only so much you can do w/ just an intro but would love Marquette to grow a pair and do something original.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 03:15:47 PM by Blue Horseshoe »

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2010, 03:12:09 PM »
As a 40-something alum, even I'm sick of it, and I like a little U2 now and then.

It's like the pleated Dockers of songs though -- once in fashion, now just plain dated. I look at the old-man sausage-fest base in the lower bowl and cringe as they bounce out of rhythm to the song. IMO, you couldn't ditch it fast enough.

Now for a new song, you're never going to make everyone happy. I'd say come up with a fairly modern, new song each year and make sure it's something that gets the crowd going. Just off the top of my head, an intro like Uprising by Muse would be cool if you could get the whole arena clapping in unison like they do when the student section points during that rah rah song and shouts, "you suck." I have no problem with Thunderstruck because it is timeless hard rock, but it could get a facelift for something a few years younger like the beginning of Guerilla Radio by Rage Against the Machine.

The other option is the let the players pick within reason. I went to a Heat game a few years back in Miami and they had an absolute killer video/song for the intro with D. Wade and Shaq dressed in suits and bouncing around to Let's Go by Trick Daddy with an Ozzy Osbourne sample. It seemed to get the players fired up. The music isn't my favorite, but it did the trick and was surprisingly catchy.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2010, 03:15:08 PM »
How 'bout we try, "Do You Think I'm Sexy" by Rod Stewart or "Feel Like A Woman" by Shaina Twain?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2010, 03:16:44 PM »
As a 40-something alum, even I'm sick of it, and I like a little U2 now and then.

It's like the pleated Dockers of songs though -- once in fashion, now just plain dated. I look at the old-man sausage-fest base in the lower bowl and cringe as they bounce out of rhythm to the song. IMO, you couldn't ditch it fast enough.

Now for a new song, you're never going to make everyone happy. I'd say come up with a fairly modern, new song each year and make sure it's something that gets the crowd going. Just off the top of my head, an intro like Uprising by Muse would be cool if you could get the whole arena clapping in unison like they do when the student section points during that rah rah song and shouts, "you suck." I have no problem with Thunderstruck because it is timeless hard rock, but it could get a facelift for something a few years younger like the beginning of Guerilla Radio by Rage Against the Machine.

The other option is the let the players pick within reason. I went to a Heat game a few years back in Miami and they had an absolute killer video/song for the intro with D. Wade and Shaq dressed in suits and bouncing around to Let's Go by Trick Daddy with an Ozzy Osbourne sample. It seemed to get the players fired up. The music isn't my favorite, but it did the trick and was surprisingly catchy.

I would be totally cool with Uprising... great song... best band alive. :)

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2010, 03:34:35 PM »
Instead of Rod Stewart how about " I'm too sexy for my Uniform(var.)"

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2010, 03:46:45 PM »
Instead of Rod Stewart how about " I'm too sexy for my Uniform(var.)"

Buzz "Right Said Fred" Williams?

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2010, 03:57:05 PM »
I would be totally cool with Uprising... great song... best band alive. :)
Agree. Not to highjack, but they announced pre-sale for Muse tix this Saturday at Bradley Center. Concert date 10/6.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2010, 04:02:50 PM »
Agree. Not to highjack, but they announced pre-sale for Muse tix this Saturday at Bradley Center. Concert date 10/6.

Believe me, I know... I went all the way to Detroit in March to see them.

Best show I have ever been to.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2010, 04:22:12 PM »
I don't think anyone included it here (the actual intro). 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt8Wu27kIrs

Does it want to make me watch Marquette take the court?  Yes, but I suspect it's more of a Pavlovian thing than anything else.  I really have had more than enough U2, but in this context will take it.

An intro with David Caruso, putting on his sunglasses, and then saying over a bloodied mascot of opposing team: "Looks like...  we are...  Marquette."  (Roger Daltry screams).  Someone should do it.

Something harder than U2 would be good, but please let's not ever get Stapped.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Jacks DC

• Team Captain
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2010, 05:03:00 PM »
Streets is a good song, but we are way overdue for a change.  I've been saying that for years.  Uprising is a great call.

Trust me, we do not want to be like West Virginia fans.  I have multiple friends that went there and they are embarrassed by all the attention the fans got this year.

wadefan#1

• Starter
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2010, 05:29:04 PM »
I hate  U2

SqueallyDRyan

• Starter
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2010, 07:01:46 PM »
you have to love the off season.  I vote that we keep u2's "where the streets have no name" and will continue to do so every year when this comes up
It's not the size of your Diener; its how you use it

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2010, 08:48:18 PM »
I'd go with the first 40 seconds of this Foghat song, the best rock song intro out there.  (Yes, I'm old.)  Of course, the title would prevent MU from ever using it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfaUDzgNOQ

I guess I'm OK with Streets; hell, I never get there early enough to see the intro!  I always have to go for that second schooner at the Brat Stop....

krocheck

• Starter
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2010, 10:59:30 PM »
I think this stems from a larger problem I have w/ MU being cookie cutter in general. I’m so proud to be an alum but it just kills me sometimes the way the university conducts business. I’m sorry but I don’t feel like that intro is different or special than any other top program in the country. Yes, there is only so much you can do w/ just an intro but would love Marquette to grow a pair and do something original.

I seriously doubt very many other programs in the country use 'Streets' by U2 as their intro.  While most programs do have into videos during pre-game, the number that do it in a pro-level arena with the a/v facilities provided there (as bad as they are in the BC) are fairly small, though steadily growing.  Until the Joyce center's remodel, they were using two pull-down projection screens with generic computer projectors.  Its sounded ok ... couldn't see it that well.  MU is not cookie cutter.  Pick a more modern song that a number of other programs flock to because its modern and hip ... that's cookie cutter.

On that point, Todd Scheel (fxinmotion.com) and his guys are the in-game-entertainment gurus.  Now, I have personal opinions that they have fallen short of expectations the last few years, but there was a time they used MU to experiment with new in-game music, t-shirt cannons, ball blasters, etc.  As far as in-game goes, Scheel used MU in part to create the cookie-cutter that you perceive ... you just don't know it.

Keith
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 11:02:49 PM by krocheck »

flash

• Team Captain
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2010, 11:43:20 PM »
I love our inroductions as they are right now with streets.  I would be upset if they changed it.  I always get the chills when i hear that song. 

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2010, 02:24:32 PM »
Stick with U2, I know way to many people who associate that song with being at an MU game.  I would however be open to a change if they went with the right song.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vfHNOrb3Yc

chapman

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2010, 06:05:04 PM »
Didn't they change it at the start of the '08-'09 season?  Can't remember to what exactly, some hip-hop song.  People here repeatedly went off about how lame the new intro was and there was either a petition or a couple calls made begging for the return of Streets.  Some preview article/Youtube video dropped the hint that Streets was to return and it did.  Since it's pretty much a given that they can't be trusted to change it to something better, I say we keep Streets.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2010, 10:08:24 PM »
This would be the best song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-7MeqSIj4E

Creep out whoever we were playing.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2010, 10:29:19 PM »
C'mon, the only introduction I want to here is the one we had in the olden days... when the public address announcer introdues the Marquette WARRIORS, "this week, ranked 4th by the Associated Press and 5th by the USA Today/ Coaches Poll."

Yes, for those of you old enough to remember, I know it was UPI rather than USA Today! I'll trade ALL ther music for rankings like this again!

MonsterWebWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2010, 11:51:53 PM »
I thought Syracuse had a pretty lame one at the time, but it didn't matter because their crowd was ready to go before intros even started.

The song was apparently written by one of the assistant coaches.  It even has a remix version that they used for the UConn game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQyvHRIC3e0&feature=related
"We need to get back to eating hamburgers."  - Buzz Williams

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2010, 12:24:04 AM »
C'mon, the only introduction I want to here is the one we had in the olden days... when the public address announcer introdues the Marquette WARRIORS, "this week, ranked 4th by the Associated Press and 5th by the USA Today/ Coaches Poll."

Yes, for those of you old enough to remember, I know it was UPI rather than USA Today! I'll trade ALL ther music for rankings like this again!

I'd kill for that on a weekly basis. I saw an interview with Al recently where he mentioned that at one point, they were ranked in the top ten for 6 straight years. Today, that's unfathomable. Even great teams like Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, and UConn have times when they slip into the teens, or even out of the poll. To be that consistently good for that long is amazing.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2010, 09:22:48 AM »
how about the first 1:05 of Critical Acclaim by Avenged Sevenfold?

If that doesn't stir your blood, nothing will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTHv7UCiXf4

feedback